User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I think tickets will be very, very hard to come by. The Palladium is a big theatre but not massive. I think tickets will be priced accordingly.
Hope they give some honour towards Danny Kirwan as well as Peter. After all, its Danny that's sadly no longer with us.
Just managed to get a decent seat on the Royal Circle in the venue-presale ...
Old 11-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Just managed to get a decent seat on the Royal Circle in the venue-presale ...
Wow, good job.
Virtually anywhere in the Royal Circle is probably better than the stalls.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Wow, good job.
Virtually anywhere in the Royal Circle is probably better than the stalls.
Yes, I checked seatplan.com and figured that out, so I didn't went for the 'stalles' section.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this event seems to have sold out really fast!

strangely, none of Fleetwood Mac official social media mentions this event honoring Peter Green and early Fleetwood Mac.

in contrast, Fleetwood Mac official facebook page advertised:
  1. Stevie Nicks solo Rolling Stone interview in March 2018.
  2. Mike Campbell's dog charity.
  3. Nicks RnRHoF induction.
  4. Neil Finn and son's release of their new album.
  5. in 2017, Mick's book release and his band's tour of Australia. same with Nicks' solo tour of Australia.
  6. Buckingham McVie album and tour.

yet they do not mention a huge tribute concert to early Fleetwood Mac years and FM founder Peter Green, put together by Fleetwood Mac band members.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-21-2019, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another cash grab. If Peter were there it would be a real tribute (while he's still alive) especially if he would play. This is all about the cash for Mick. He's reeling people in by saying that parts of the proceeds will go to charity. Translation: he's keeping most of the $$.
John not participating is weird but like most said, he has survived cancer and he probably needs a break.
I hope they have the decency to honor Danny Kirwan as well. He wrote some great songs for FM.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-22-2019, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think John not participating is a sign John is over the band. He may have been contractually obligated for this world tour but not going to do one show to honor Peter Green? Hard to believe. Maybe its a sign how over the band he has become. John and Mick stuck together for the toughest times. I remember them playing clubs in 1994 as Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think John not participating is a sign John is over the band. He may have been contractually obligated for this world tour but not going to do one show to honor Peter Green? Hard to believe. Maybe its a sign how over the band he has become. John and Mick stuck together for the toughest times. I remember them playing clubs in 1994 as Fleetwood Mac.
Maybe he's just ready to retire. I think they all deserve a chance to relax and live out their remaining years.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Another cash grab.This is all about the cash for Mick. He's reeling people in by saying that parts of the proceeds will go to charity. Translation: he's keeping most of the $$.
With all the band bashing that I have read over the many, many years, the one topic we can all agree on is how money grubbing Mick is. One has to wonder what people in his personal life say about him to each other.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
With all the band bashing that I have read over the many, many years, the one topic we can all agree on is how money grubbing Mick is. One has to wonder what people in his personal life say about him to each other.
Mick is nothing but bottom feeding scum. I doubt he's surrounded by an army of yes people like $tevie is. I only hope he knows what many think of him.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:47 PM
BLY
This message has been deleted by BLY.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood & Friends celebrate Peter Green & Fleetwood Mac box set

Tonight Mick Fleetwood will take to the stage in central London with an all-star cast to honour the early years of Fleetwood Mac and its founder, Peter Green. This one-of-a-kind concert will be recorded and film and issued as a special super deluxe edition box set later in the year.

Fleetwood will be joined this evening at the London Palladium by Billy Gibbons, David Gilmour, Jonny Lang, Andy Fairweather Low, John Mayall, Christine McVie, Zak Starkey, Steven Tyler, Bill Wyman, Noel Gallagher, Pete Townshend, Neil Finn, Kirk Hammett and many more.

Mick said: “The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began, and it’s important to recognise the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music. Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honoured to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician.”

The box set will be a 4LP+2CD+blu-ray deluxe book set. The audio will be offered via the vinyl and CDs while the blu-ray will concert/documentary type content. Everything is being filmed tonight.

Early pre-orders get to see their names in the credits of the concert/documentary and also this package exclusively comes with tonight’s setlist with printed signatures of the artists involved, and an exclusive A1-sized silk screen printed event poster (which comes in a tube, not folded).

The Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years Of Fleetwood Mac box set will be released on 19 October 2020.

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...d-mac-box-set/
Old 02-25-2020, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I will ever buy a Fleetwood Mac a (any media) music again.

But I'm curious to see what Christine or Gilmour will perform in that show.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't think I will ever buy a Fleetwood Mac a (any media) music again.

But I'm curious to see what Christine or Gilmour will perform in that show.
Christine sang “Stop Messin’ Round” with Steven Tyler and Rick Vito on lead guitar, while Gilmour did “Albatross” with Rick Vito.

Jeremy Spencer apparently played, too. Too bad John skipped it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-26-2020, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

some reviews besides wildly inaccurate Ultimate Classic Rock one are starting to pop up - so we can actually know who was there and what happened (UCR for example listed John McVie who was not there).

also, there was a Ledgie at this show who tweeted some nice sinppets so hopefully he will post his review.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ndon-palladium

Mick Fleetwood review – rousing all-star celebration of Peter Green
4 / 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars.
Palladium, London

A surprise appearance by original Fleetwood Mac member Jeremy Spencer was just one highlight of a concert where Noel Gallagher and Steven Tyler painted Green’s blues

Robin Denselow

Wed 26 Feb 2020 09.28 ESTLast modified on Wed 26 Feb 2020 09.33 EST

Mick Fleetwood at the Palladium.Photograph: Ross Halfin

Mick Fleetwood has enjoyed a long and impressive career, though this is surely one of the highlights. A tall, bearded figure, he sits behind his drum kit and delightedly introduces the extraordinary cast he has managed to assemble for this tribute to one-time Fleetwood Mac partner Peter Green. From Britain, there is his one-time boss, the veteran blues hero John Mayall, along with David Gilmour, Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman and Noel Gallagher. The American contingent includes Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top, Steven Tyler from Aerosmith and Kirk Hammett from Metallica.

And then, of course, there are members of Fleetwood Mac, with whom he has now spent 53 years. They may be best known as a massively successful Anglo-American AOR band but Fleetwood wants their early years remembered. So he has curated this high-profile event (which is also filmed), focusing on the band’s role in the 60s British blues boom and the importance of Green, who quit Fleetwood Mac half a century ago. Fleetwood has described him as his “greatest mentor”.

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. Photograph: Ross Halfin

Green was one of the guitar heroes, and casualties, of the 60s. He had the seemingly impossible task of taking over from Eric Clapton in Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, but did so in style. In 1967 he poached Fleetwood and bass player John McVie from Mayall and formed his own band, which he named after his rhythm section. They played self-written songs and classics by bluesmen such as Elmore James, and their first album was a hit. A series of successful singles showed that Green could also write thoughtful ballads and atmospheric instrumentals or edge towards heavy metal. But drugs – including a potent form of LSD – put an end to his Fleetwood Mac career in 1970.

The Who’s Pete Townshend. Photograph: Ross Halfin

This celebration of his work starts with the blues. Fleetwood drives the songs with his gently forceful, unflashy drumming, leading a house band that includes three classy guitarists – Rick Vito, Andy Fairweather Low and the Grammy-winning Jonny Lang. They could play alone for hours, but soon begin backing the special guests. Gibbons stomps efficiently through Doctor Brown; Tyler provides a furious, witty treatment of Green’s mildly risque Rattlesnake Shake; and Christine McVie gives a reminder of her blues roots with Stop Messin’ Around. Gallagher seems worried he is out of place (“I know what you’re thinking…”) but produces a fine, no-nonsense acoustic treatment of World Turning. Townshend describes his meetings with Green (“a sad figure”) and plays the rousing Station Man, a Fleetwood Mac song from after the Green era.

The finale is dominated by the hits. Neil Finn sings the sad and poignant Man of the World, while Gibbons and Tyler crash through the pained Oh Well (Part One) before Gilmour comes on to play the brooding guitar instrumental Oh Well (Part Two), apparently never heard on stage before. Black Magic Woman is followed by a real surprise: an appearance by Jeremy Spencer, one of the original four members of Fleetwood Mac, who quit in 1971 to join a religious cult. His slide guitar technique, voice and love of Elmore James are remarkably intact.

This intriguing show ends with Green’s most compelling song, the pained and paranoid Green Manalishi (With the Two-Prong Crown), performed by Kirk Hammett with suitable frenzy, and the lyrical, bestselling instrumental Albatross. If Green was watching, he should have been delighted.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2020, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Yes, I checked seatplan.com and figured that out, so I didn't went for the 'stalles' section.
looking forward to your review and impressions!

meanwhile here is David Gilmour and Albatross -

Old 02-26-2020, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default setlist

Mick Fleetwood & Friends Tribute to Peter Green - London, England Set List

1. "Rolling Man"
2. "Homework"
3. "Dr Brown"
4. "All Your Love"
5. "Rattlesnake Shake"
6. "Stop Messin' Around"
7. "Looking for Somebody"
8. "Sandy Mary"
9. "Love That Burns"
10. "The World Keeps Turning"
11. "Like Crying"
12. "No Place to Go"
13. "Station Man"
14. "Man of the World"
15. "Oh Well, part 1"
16. "Oh Well, part 2"
17. "Need Your Love So Bad"
18. "Black Magic Woman"
19. "The Sky is Crying"
20. "I Can't Hold On"
21. "The Green Manalishi"
22. "Albatross"
23. "Shake Your Moneymaker"

(this is from UCR so take with the grain of salt)

Read More: Mick Fleetwood's All-Star Peter Green Tribute: Set List, Video | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/pete...edium=referral