User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I would still trade all of that for a fraction of the millions of dollars that they're making from this tour alone. Many people work tough jobs everyday of their lives and don't get the compensation and cushy benefits that they accustomed to. I think Lindsey and Christine are probably able to appreciate the situation they're in but Mick and Stevie appear to take the money, notoriety, and luxury lifestyle for granted. Just my opinion.
Curious what makes you think this.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey will do things with the kids for a week and then hit the homestudio to work out arrangements and new basic songideas from 10 to 6 everyday except weekends, I guess.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine will most likely fly to London and relax in England and spend time with her dogs, family, etc.
Spending time with your family is hardly relaxing!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Agree traveling for them isn't like for any normal person because they have STAFF doing all the heavy lifting. But it has to get tedious; every place starts to look the same. Even Chris, while admitting they travelled pretty posh in their days before she left, said she got sick of touring.
Do any of them have irritable bowel syndrome? That alone can make all the travel very difficult and tedious.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Do any of them have irritable bowel syndrome? That alone can make all the travel very difficult and tedious.
Even without IBS, lots of travel can play havoc on the digestive system.

Michele
Old 04-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even without IBS, lots of travel can play havoc on the digestive system.
Silly me hadn't even thought any of my Macsters could be in bad health but if David is to be correct then yes, touring would be a real pain in the a$$.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

speaking of band members' health made me think of Lindsey's epilepsy diagnosis back in the day. At the time he was reported to be taking medication for it. That's not normally a condition that goes away, though by all evidence it hasn't impaired his performing. Wonder if he has to do anything particular to manage it i.e., diet or whatever. That would be a pain to keep up on the road.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Silly me hadn't even thought any of my Macsters could be in bad health but if David is to be correct then yes, touring would be a real pain in the a$$.
Hopefully, none of them are in bad health, but last tour John had cancer. He might have been feeling poorly long before it was diagnosed and not known why. So, his body was dealing with that on Unleashed. Plus, even this tour, post-chemo, I'm sure he's not 100%. I mean, thankfully my mother has survived colon cancer for 13 years now, but they did take out part of her intestine and she still has lingering issues because of that.

She didn't have radiation. She didn't even finish all of her chemo. But chemo and radiation leave their own permanent side effects, because they kill cells and tissue in order to save your life. I don't know what chemo and radiation John had.

Even in that old tour video we saw John having to get a hand massage back stage. He was doing that before repetitive motion syndrome was something we all knew about. No big deal in your thirties and forties. Bigger deal today at their ages.

Plus, it's pretty obvious that Stevie has some sort of chronic arthritic problem. And we don't know what's going on with Christine's hand. These are not things that cause anyone debilitating agony, but they are certainly nagging issues that make concert touring more arduous than lying on a beach in Tahiti.

Michele
Old 04-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could actually see Nicks doing a few more songs and then releasing an expanded version of "24 Karat Gold" that she can tour behind after the Mac tour is done.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If FM is idle for at least a year, Stevie will definitely do a solo tour, even if it's short.

Michele
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Et tu, Brute?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They also have over a 3 month break between July and October. They better get some writing/recording done!

Sat 07/11/15 Dublin, Ireland

BREAK

Thu 10/22/15 Sydney, Australia
Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
They also have over a 3 month break between July and October. They better get some writing/recording done!
Well, Christine said they wanted to do something before Australia. So, I think they are planning on working during that break.

Michele
Old 04-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plus, it's pretty obvious that Stevie has some sort of chronic arthritic problem.
Wow, has she talked about this? Or are you just assuming?

I think touring must be absolutely grueling, for anyone. Day in, day out, the same songs over and over, long car rides and idle hours on a plane, every night in front of thousands of people who expect your best from you? And it's not like you can just stop once you're on the road because you don't feel like doing it that day. You're a commodity and people have paid for you so you have to deliver. Sounds awful.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, Christine said they wanted to do something before Australia. So, I think they are planning on working during that break.

Michele
I hope Ms. Nicks is involved!