Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand the original sentiment of this post about hating the Mac now, and it's a shame that this has happened with so many fans. While I can't say that I "hate" the band, I can say that I have lost respect for some of the people who I thought of as my idols. I'll buy the fact that the Knight was behind a great deal of the schemes, but that doesn't excuse the members of the band from ignoring what happened, or worse yet, not caring enough to oversee the activities of their own club. I think it's OK to hold them accountable for some of what has happened. I know that if I had a fan club in my name, I sure as hell would know EVERYTHING that is going on, and I would do my best to make sure that my fans who cared enough to pay a significant amount of money to be in my club, and who want to have good seats to see me perform are getting what they deserve. I don't think it's fair to excuse the band members just because they are supposedly ignorant to what has happened. Each of them should have been more involved in the decisions made regarding the club. All of this was carried out in THEIR name, for god's sake!

All this crap with the fan club and tickets certainly jaded me too. Until the recent concert ticket fiasco, I was so excited for the album and the tour and I thought about it constantly, and now I'm sort of like - whatever...

BUT -- Hopefully I'll be excited again and forget about some this crap once the album is actually released and the concert dates grow nearer (even though my seats aren't the greatest and like an ass, I shelled out the cash for the damn fan club.) So until then, we just gotta keep each other's spirits up, and hope that Fleetwood Mac grows up a little and takes on some responsibilities that they should have taken on long ago.