Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rare video's

Hey folks. I just discovered this on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4aCsz92tJM
Really surprised to see new old material turn up occasionally.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, this is great- thanks for flagging it up Wouter (If only the film was properly Sync-ed up with the sound track !!)

I think there were brief clips of this in the BBC4 doc about the British Blues boom- if not this song, then certainly this concert- which means there may be even more footage about.

Finally, this must be the only moving image (so far ) of Danny playing his trusty old Watkins Rapier 33 !
Old 04-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The performance(s) were filmed by a French television crew for broadcast on a program entitled “La Nouvelle Vague De La Pop Music”, and as THD mentioned, some of the video and audio was utilized by the producers of the 2009 BBC documentary, “Blues Britannia: Can Blue Men Sing the Whites?”
It was shot when Fleetwood Mac was headlining (along with The Move) on the second day of the two day “Bank Holiday Bluesology Festival” at the Chateau Impney in Droitwich, Worcestershire, September 02, 1968.
On first viewing, it would appear that the video documents a complete performance by Fleetwood Mac, but closer inspection reveals that while the bulk of the footage shows them playing ‘Shake Your Moneymaker’, that footage has been edited with shots of them performing different songs and it is the near continuous audio once the performance begins that fools the viewer into accepting the illusion.
While I highly recommend seeking out the BBC documentary, it should be noted that there is actually little concerning Fleetwood Mac, and of the footage used, there remain no shots of Danny Kirwan, and even more unfortunate, his name is never mentioned.
If anyone has any information about the French TV show this was originally shot for, “La Nouvelle Vague De La Pop Music”, I for one would be very interested in hearing about it. I could find nothing on the web.
While we can only hope, the chances are, the film crew shot most of the footage without sound, but there is still a possibility that there was audio recorded of the entire set.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hartstikke nice!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
The performance(s) were filmed by a French television crew for broadcast on a program entitled “La Nouvelle Vague De La Pop Music”, and as THD mentioned, some of the video and audio was utilized by the producers of the 2009 BBC documentary, “Blues Britannia: Can Blue Men Sing the Whites?”
Thanks this is fascinating info Bklyn Blue -or can I call you BB for short ?! As a result of it I just did a bit of googling about the Droitwhich thing and these pics came up

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/blues...1968-fmac.html

Now if these are stills from the filming ,then that would be fascinating seeing footage (hopefully with sound ) of Peter and Danny rehearsing in Putney and so on! It says the stills are courtesy of Dvideo, so perhaps these people have the whole film (fingers crossed !)

(nothing useful comes up with a seach for Dvideo)