Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac on the UK and US charts

I'm always tracking Fleetwood Mac's chart runs on the UK and US charts, so I thought I would do a weekly post showing what's happening on the charts and if there's been any new certifications anywhere.

Starting from last Sunday, Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' disappears from the top 100 after sitting at the #95 position the week previously. This is a rare week where there is no Fleetwood Mac album within the top 100. The album is currently at #34 on the catalogue albums chart, it's lowest placing for quite some time.

However, there is good news in the UK as 'Everywhere' was certified Silver last week for digital sales of over 200,000. This comes only 9 months after 'Go Your Own Way' was certified Silver. I have no doubt that 'The Chain' and 'Dreams' will be certified soon, probably in that order.

Ending with the Billboard charts published today, 'Rumours' is up from #139 on the Billboard 200 to #99. This is the first time in quite a while that the album is within the top 100. The album also moves up to #18 on the catalogue album charts from #27 the week previous.

If I know any more chart positions or sales then I will include them in this post. I will do the same post next week for the UK charts on Sunday and the Billboard charts on Thursday. Nobody seems to do a thread on FM on the weekly charts so I thought I would do it as it's something that interests me and will hopefully be interesting to some of you fellow fans.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks James, I like looking at charts

Rumours is always dipping in and out of the UK top 100 album chart.

In fact it holds the record for most weeks on the chart (although the guy who complied this list has used top 75 rather than top 100 in his count).

Most Weeks On UK Album Chart

1. FLEETWOOD MAC - RUMOURS - 522 WEEKS
2. QUEEN'S GREATEST HITS – 499 WEEKS
3. MEATLOAF - BAT OUT OF HELL - 485 WEEKS
4. ABBA - GOLD - 469 WEEKS
+5. BOB MARLEY & WAILERS - LEGEND - 444 WEEKS (#54)
6. PINK FLOYD - THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON 382 WEEKS
7. THE SOUND OF MUSIC - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - 381 WEEKS
8. SOUTH PACIFIC - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - 313 WEEKS
9. SIMON & GARFUNKEL - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER - 310 WEEKS
10. SIMON & GARFUNKEL - GREATEST HITS - 303 WEEKS

It's the gift that keeps on giving isn't it?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty sure that 'Rumours' is close to being certified 12xPlatinum because it was in the top 100 only 2 weeks ago and sold over 170,000 copies last year alone. It was last certified in 2011.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' remains absent from the top 100 but moves up considerably on the catalogue albums chart, moving up to #20 from #34 last week.

On to the Billboard charts published today, 'Rumours' remains popular moving down on the Billboard 200 from #99 last week to #135 this week. The album also moves down slightly on the catalogue albums chart from #18 to #23.

Not a lot of activity this week but I'll post again next week.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are this weeks chart updates for the UK and US. There are no new certifications this week.

Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' remains absent from the top 100 and moves down slightly on the catalogue albums chart, moving down to #23 from #20 last week.

On to the Billboard charts published today, 'Rumours' remains popular moving down slightly on the Billboard 200 from #135 last week to #143 this week. The album also moves down slightly on the catalogue albums chart from #23 to #25.

I also found some interesting sales info from a forum that was updated this week. This is what I found:

• 'Rumours' has sold 340,000 copies in the US since May 2012 and is the fourth
biggest selling catalogue album since then.

• 'Greatest Hits' has sold over 193,000 copies in the US since May 2012 and is
the eleventh biggest selling catalogue album since then.

• 'Fleetwood Mac' has officially sold over a million copies in the US since 1991.

These figures were effective from about May this year as the forum I got the information from has only just updated it from sales figures that were recorded at that time. These titles have sold quite a bit more since then, especially 'Rumours' and 'Greatest Hits' which have since featured on the Billboard 200 quite frequently.

I will post next weeks chart info and will be including any information regarding titles from Stevie Nicks in the future as her new album will be out in a couple of months and that will surely garner interest in her other albums, so if there is any activity regarding Stevie, I will post that too. Thanks guys!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They need to recertify!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' remains absent from the top 100 but moves up on the catalogue albums chart, moving up to #15 from #23 last week. The album will likely move up further next week and will possibly re-enter the top 100 as it is currently on sale on iTunes for just £4.99. The album has reached as high as #40 this week on the iTunes album chart so we shall see if it makes any impact on Sunday.

On to the Billboard charts published today, 'Rumours' remains quite popular as the album is still benefiting from an Amazon promotion. The album has moved down on the Billboard 200 from #143 last week to #165 this week. This is the albums 181st week on the Billboard 200. The album also moves down slightly on the catalogue albums chart from #25 to #28.

Also this week, a re-entry on the UK catalogue singles chart with 'Everywhere' re-entering at #36 mainly due to the fact that an album version of the song was on sale on iTunes for just 59p. This promotion has now ended so the song will most likely disappear from the chart next week.

A bit more activity this week and I will post again next week where 'Rumours' will hopefully make an appearance on the UK top 100 albums chart. We shall wait with bated breath! Thanks guys!!!

Last edited by James89; 08-03-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Old 07-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Also this week, a re-entry on the UK catalogue singles chart with 'Everywhere' re-entering at #36 mainly due to the fact that an album version of the song was on sale on iTunes for just 59p. This promotion has now ended so the song will most likely disappear from the chart next week.
Meanwhile, Christine McVie is thinking "KACHING!!"
Old 08-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' re-enters the UK top 100 albums chart at #79 with sales of approximately 1,400 thanks to a promotion on iTunes where the album is £4.99. The album remains on sale this week so will likely stay within the top 100 this coming Sunday. The album rockets up to #6 on the catalogue albums chart from #15 last week.

On to the Billboard charts published yesterday, 'Rumours' remains within the Billboard 200 moving down to #178 from #165 last week. The mp3 album is still on sale on Amazon for just $3.99. The album moves down on the catalogue chart to #40 from #28 last week.

There is a Stevie Nicks iTunes chart thread which contains chart info on her new single and the album pre-order. It shows the iTunes chart peaks this week for both the single and the album pre-order.

Not a huge amount of activity this week regarding Fleetwood Mac but more activity regarding Stevie and her new album. Will post again next week.

Last edited by James89; 08-15-2014 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good and bad news this week regarding 'Rumours'. The good news. Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' climbs a further 20 places on the main album chart thanks to the iTunes promotion which lasted for two weeks. The album is now at #59 up from #79 last week with sales of approximately 1,600. This is the albums highest chart position for quite a while on the UK top 100. As the iTunes promotion has now ended, the album could well drop off the top 100 altogether by Sunday. The catalogue charts update every Sunday but correspond with the previous chart week for some strange reason . For example, 'Rumours' is still at #6 even though that corresponds to when the album was at #79 last week. The album remains at #6 on the catalogue album charts.

On to the Billboard charts published yesterday and the bad news, 'Rumours' falls off the Billboard 200 entirely and disappears from the top 50 catalogue chart where it was at #40 last week. The mp3 album is no longer on sale on Amazon for $3.99 which is the main reason for why sales have suffered in the last week.

A bit more activity this week regarding 'Rumours' in the UK, just a shame about the US. Will be sure to post again next week!

Last edited by James89; 08-23-2014 at 04:59 PM..
Old 08-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they need to re-certify Rumours, the White Album, GH and the VBoFM. All have recertifications to publish. They should prior to releasing new record. I think that would help sales.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I think they need to re-certify Rumours, the White Album, GH and the VBoFM. All have recertifications to publish. They should prior to releasing new record. I think that would help sales.
You're absolutely right. Those all need re-certifying. It's really starting to annoy me now, it's the same story with Stevie's albums.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' surprisingly clings on to the main album chart but drops 31 places to #90 from #59 last week due to the iTunes promotion which ended last week. The album sold approximately 1,000 copies in that week.

On to the Billboard charts published Thursday and the bad news, 'Rumours' remains absent from the Billboard 200 and catalogue charts. It looks like it won't return until there is some kind of promotion.

Very little activity this week but will post again next week.

Last edited by James89; 09-01-2014 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Starting from Sunday, 'Rumours' drops off the main album chart unsurprisingly and is at #128, 38 places down from its #90 position last week. The album sold approximately 800 copies in that week. The album is at #19 on the catalogue albums chart.

On to the Billboard charts published today and 'Rumours' remains absent from the Billboard 200 and catalogue charts. As I have said before, a promotion of some kind is needed to bring it back on the charts.

Very little activity this week but will post again next week. There is currently an iTunes promotion in the UK which has many Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks albums included in its sale. 'The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac' might make an appearance this coming Sunday as it is currently within the top 70 of the main album chart and is climbing further as the week progresses. Hopefully we'll see that on Sunday.

Last edited by James89; 09-01-2014 at 05:22 PM..
Old 09-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I won't be doing a break down of the charts because there is such little to report on the past week. All I will say for the past week is that 'The Very best of Fleetwood Mac' didn't re-enter the UK top 100 (it might well do on Sunday as it's currently in the iTunes top 40) and Rumours has dipped slightly on the catalogue charts to #29.
On the US charts there is still nothing happening and no catalogue chart entry for Rumours.

I'll do the same next week unless there is more activity. Thanks guys.

Last edited by James89; 09-05-2014 at 01:36 PM..