The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > The Penguin > Q&A Discussions

Old 08-12-2001, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I WOULD EVEN GIVE A KIDNEY TO OWN THIS DVD. SIGN ME UP TOO!!!

what a great thing that us fans (in numbers) can make it happen.
And i already want to THANK YOU MARTY AND KEN for al your trouble to try to make this possible you guys are the best!!!

I agree with brians setlist as long as we are limited to 12 tracks (he i'm happy with whatever i can get my hands on!!!
and he did a very good list THUMBS UP FOR YOU BRIAN!!

so this would be my list (or actualy brians (credit comes where credit is due)
Tusk/
Hold Me/
Gypsy/
Big Love/
7 Wonders/
Little Lies/
Everywhere/
As Long As.../
Save Me/
Skies The Limit/
Paper Doll/
Love Shines.

hope this works i'll pass along my email to every mack fan i know i promise!!!
Old 08-12-2001, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by d2brian
I had no idea there were non-live clip videos for In The Back Of My Mind and Family Man. What were they like? And how could they have done a video for Family Man since Lindsey had already left?
The Family Man video was shot at the same time as the Seven Wonders vid, it is roughly the same as the Seven Wonders vid

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 08-12-2001, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod

Hey Johnny Stew - Don't forget the Family Man video, I think we could do without Isn't It Midnight as it is only a segment from the Tango Tour vid

Hi Neil... I honestly had no clue that there was a video for "Family Man". I've never seen it, or even heard about it.
I see that you mentioned that it's similar to the "Seven Wonders" video... is it just "left-over" footage from that video that they used, or do you see Lindsey and the band actually performing "Family Man"?

I left videos such as "Isn't It Midnight" off the list, because, yes, they were merely clips lifted from the 'Tango' video.
Also, there were two videos for "Everywhere" in that there was a "concept video" featuring some gothic goings-on at an English manor (that showed brief, super-imposed glimpses of Christine, John and Mick, throughout the video)... and there was also the clip lifted from 'Tango.'

In my opinion, "Everywhere" and "In The Back Of My Mind" can very easily be left off. The main focus of each of those videos is not on the band, and when you do see any of the members, it's either very briefly ("Everywhere") or using previously seen concert footage ("In The Back Of My Mind").
I did, however, include "Paper Doll", because I feel that video is a cool little summation of the videos that have gone before it, and it's also a groovy nod to Fleetwood Mac's image (the writhing bodies that the footage is projected onto, look, in many fan's opinions, a lot like Lindsey and Stevie. Even though it's not them, of course.)

I can definitely be counted amongst those who will buy this release no matter what is included on it, but hopefully we'll be able to find some type of track-listing that will please most, if not all, of the fans.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-12-2001 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2001, 06:47 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Possible release of FM DVD/Video

I can't tell you how long I have hoped for this kind of news!!
Thanks Ken for your help.
I would like to see some of Lindsey's early stuff, but as
many have stated I would welcome any Fleetwood Mac
to my collection Count me in
witchywoman

Smile! It makes people wonder
what you're up to.

Whatever, that's Rock & Roll!
Old 08-12-2001, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile count me in too!

I know I've said this already in other threads, but just to agree with marc402 and Brian, it does seem the concept video idea would be the most initailly popular collection ("Tusk" through to "Love shines") and if we need to impress the company with sales so we can get further deals in the future, this is the most important first step so I'll vote for this and the "making of" video footage and outtakes from videos as bonus materials and/or special features on the disc if possible with the twelve vids but as I want any release badly, I'll go with whatever the majority vote is, I hope it's this though!

John
Old 08-12-2001, 09:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

Well, maybe since it's so rare, Family Man should be added to the proposed tracklisting. The Seven Wonders video rocks, so I imagine the Family Man one must, too. That, and it should be added for its rarity, like how most people don't realize there was a video for Love Shines.

~Brian
Old 08-13-2001, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by d2brian
I had no idea there were non-live clip videos for In The Back Of My Mind and Family Man. What were they like? And how could they have done a video for Family Man since Lindsey had already left?
Honestly, I think y'all might be disappointed with the video for Family Man. It was released after Lindsey left, so the video is made up of old black and white footage of random people (families, I guess?) and interspersed with shots of the band that were clearly from the Seven Wonders video shoot. They show just enough of the band to make it look like they could be playing the song in question, but they edit it so that you never actually see anyone singing.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les

Honestly, I think y'all might be disappointed with the video for Family Man. It was released after Lindsey left, so the video is made up of old black and white footage of random people (families, I guess?) and interspersed with shots of the band that were clearly from the Seven Wonders video shoot. They show just enough of the band to make it look like they could be playing the song in question, but they edit it so that you never actually see anyone singing.
Yes I agree but I feel it is importent to have all the Fleetwood Mac videos on one release, that also goes for Everywhere (concept video) and In The Back Of My Mind.

We will only get one go at this and it would be nice if the video / DVD is complete and upto date to this present moment.

I still feel that bonus material on the DVD such as "The Making Of Gypsy, Big Love and Hold Me" is added to the DVD.

I presume we are talking a video and DVD release or is just one or the other?

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 08-13-2001, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

They were going to look into VHS in addition to DVD. When I designed the petition I put in an option to state your preference-- DVD or VHS. The quality on a DVD will obviously be much better but not everyone owns them yet.

Ken told me they will be faxing me the list of what is in Warners' vaults today so I'll transcribe it tonight and post it. Should be interesting!

- Marty
Old 08-13-2001, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

*lol*

Thank God we have so many knowledgeable fans around... together we should be able to get a really killer compilation put together.

Ok, for completist's sake, here's my updated updated list!!!

Concept Videos-only[list=1][*]Tusk[*]Hold Me[*]Gypsy[*]Big Love[*]Seven Wonders[*]Little Lies[*]Family Man[*]Everywhere[*]As Long As You Follow[*]Save Me[*]Skies The Limit[*]In The Back Of My Mind[*]Paper Doll[*]Love Shines[/list=1]

Looks like a nice collection to me!

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-13-2001 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Thanks so much Marty!!!

Marty and Ken C. and All Mac Fans!
Thank you for a wonderful,knowledgable Q&A! This is definitely the best ever...IMHO!!!
Since Iam not allowed to buy a sub-woffer I need to be able to buy this on VHI for me!!! :-(
But Iam happy for all you lucky fans who have the umbrella effect of DVD surround sound!
It must be just awesome! Perhaps when * my-ship* comes in!!!
Thanks again for the honor of your presence!
Cheers for The Fantastic F Mac Music!!!
Luv Ya', ~Sky~/cam

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 08-13-2001, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
COUNT ME IN TOO!!!!
I agree--concept videos for now, with extra "making of" and outtake footage at the end........keep it complete........
We'll worry about all the live stuff later, after we get the ball rolling, so to speak, on this particular collection (whether it be on DVD or VHS).

Marty, does it have to be from just us here, on this site alone.......or could you check around, maybe with John Kinney at NicksFix, see if we can get some kind of like collaboration effort going?????? That can bring in some new names/email addy's..............

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 08-13-2001, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile All right Johnny!

Oh yeah, killer! Great list Mr. Stew, nice and complete! All the concept videos seem to be there. I just hope that Ken will agree to there being 14 included. Didn't Marty say something about that it should be only 10-12 songs? Marty, do you think this will cause major mayhem in Ken's camp? Hopefully not, I for one will pay a few bucks extra if it means it's a complete collection of the (bands) music vids as I'm sure some of you guys will but hopefully this won't effect the price tag too much if this is even the issue in question. I certainly hope that we can squeeze them all in. I mean come on Ken, running time on this is only going to be an hour if we are lucky, (but I'll take it)!

John
Old 08-13-2001, 09:52 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Hi--

Ken didn't send the list today; he wrote last night that when it is sent I can post it so I'll do that. He sent back another 5 answers for his Q&A and I'm going to add those tonight.

I would hope a lot of websites do help out with this whole thing. I had written to John Kinney last week and he said he would post about this on the Nicksfix news section when it happens. I have the petition all ready to go-- I just want to make sure the wording was all ok w/ Ken before I start it.

He had indicated 10-12 songs so that likely is the limit. Hopefully 12 instead of 10.

- Marty

PS-- Richard Dashut has also agreed to do a Q&A according to Ken, although the format will be different then what we have done previously. We're still figuring it all out.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:15 PM
Ledgie

Marty...has anyone told you how much you rock? I could just kiss you for putting this together! I would definitly love to have one of these if they do it.

Personally i don't care what they put on it...they could have all five of them just sitting there and i would be happy But i would definitly think something from early mac, some solo videos, like "Got a Hols On ME" and "Edge Of 17", maybe a interview clip or two of them discussing the videos and then the regular mac videos.
As for the concert footage, that could come or go, personally i want the entire concert than just one song.