User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
CarolC, it is my opinion that as long as there are people like yourself in this world, people who lack the "empathy gland" and are intolerant and unforgiving and uncaring, people who cannot imagine what it might be like to walk in the shoes of others, and what is more, do not even wish to begin to try and understand what that might be like......... As long as people like you exist, I will just have to work twice as hard to raise my sons to be the opposite of you to make up for and negate your presence here on earth.

Your cold and seemingly so "superior" attitude seriously scares me. I also wonder if you are for real in your attitude or if it's some defense you have thrown up to protect yourself from some issues you have not processed, but not knowing you personally that remains just a wonder, not an opinion.

I just hope for your sake that life will not deal you some cruel blows someday soon that you have no cut and dry "rational" response to.
Karma, don't you know.

Excellent post and I completely agree. It scares me to think that there are actually people with these kind of beliefs raising children.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am amazed at the response, or shall I say reaction to Carol Ann's book. Most of us are reasonable , intelligent people who evaluate a situation or issue before we comment. Here, I have noticed that some of us have condemned the book or author before even buying or reading the book. Regardless of what you may think of the book, i.e. write your own review, you ought to read it, evaluate it , digest it and then critique it. Give it a chance before condeming it as "trash" or lies and inaccurate as some have written.

I am as big a Lindsey fan as any of you, but it must give some of us pause when we read that he (allegedly) beat the hell out of her several times, once to the point of dragging her down the driveway, another where she passed out and once again, where she actually went to the hospital. Granted this was 25 years ago or more and memories are weak and thin. Still, I admire Lindsey greatly as an artist but have no doubt he has his demons. At least give Carol Ann her chance to clear the air. There are always two (2) sides to every story and this is clearly hers. It must have passed some legal muster because the book was printed and I haven't seen any lawsuits flying. There must be "some" truth to her allegations. Right or wrong, or shall I say "write or wrong, there must be some basis for what she has written. Personally, I'd love to hear Lindsey's respnse to this book.

Glenn
Old 07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's an old saying that there are three sides to every story, yours, mine, and the truth. Some of what she says certainly "jives" with known FM and LB history, some of it doesn't. Another old saying is that everyone rewrites their past to reinforce their present view of themselves. I think that's also very true. We all know how "truthful" Mick's account was of FM and himself, I'm pretty sure if any of the other FM'ers wrote a book that it would also have some things that may or may not jive with what others have said. But it's a free world, she's free to write whatever she wants to.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

"The woman is a self-righteous, amoral PIG."

That is painful to read. Your anger is sad.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dee Gee, I AGREE with what you say. My concern is that there are many who posted that the book was "trash" before they even read it.

Yes, history can be rewritten with the swipe of a pen, but before anyone criticizes what Carol Ann says about Lindsey or the band, they should perhaps read the entire book. I have no problem with the criticism or "reviews", just be sure you know what you are reviewing.

Glenn
Old 07-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly. Read the book first before making any uninformed, snap judgments.

Here's what I know about publishers and publishing: for example, in the account where she has to go to the hospital and ends up in a neck brace because Lindsey had choked her and damaged the soft tissues in her neck, I don't think she would have been able to make that accusation without having those medical records as backup or she and the publishers could face a huge libel suit from Lindsey's legal team. And he ain't suing which tells me that at least that one incident has got to be true.

But with any point-of-view autobiographical books, there's always going to be some recalling of incidents a little differently than if other participants were telling the story. It'll be interesting if any of the FM camp has anything to say about this book or if anyone will ever ask them about it period.

From what I read, my take was that she was pretty damn honest about how often she was hitting cocaine, and she talks about using way more than she ever accuses LB of taking it. I'm a little dubious about her claims that they'd get 100% clean from coke when they weren't on tour. I've never done it but I thought it was something that once you were using, you pretty much had to have 24/7-365. Maybe they didn't use as MUCH but I kinda wondered about that but having no knowledge of drugs I really can't say for sure. But she's really not trying to paint herself as "I was the only sober person in the FM camp" by any stretch of the imagination although she does say she never developed a taste for liquor, just coke while the rest of the crew were pretty fond of "adult beverages".

And I really don't see how writing that book makes her ammoral. Come on, no one in FM is perfect by any stretch of the imagination! If anyone thinks that, well, maybe they haven't been following the band for 30 plus years like I have.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe View Post
Exactly. Read the book first before making any uninformed, snap judgments.

Here's what I know about publishers and publishing: for example, in the account where she has to go to the hospital and ends up in a neck brace because Lindsey had choked her and damaged the soft tissues in her neck, I don't think she would have been able to make that accusation without having those medical records as backup or she and the publishers could face a huge libel suit from Lindsey's legal team. And he ain't suing which tells me that at least that one incident has got to be true.
All this tells me is that you don't know jack about publishing or the confidentiality of medical records. You can't get someone's private medical records even if you think they've lied about something you did or didn't do. These days you can also get anything published under most circumstances. It doesn't have to be true. You can tell bold face lies in print and on television and still not be held accountable. Memiors have been proven completely fabricated and nothing was done to the publisher or the author. Take that guy who had a fake memior promoted onto the best seller list by Oprah. What about the guy who made up an entire magazine/newspaper series about a child heroin addict that won the Pulitzer Prize? It was 100% fake. Nothing happened to either of them. The publisher's weren't sued even though people paid good money to read something they were told was fact and it turned out to be totally fabricated.

American publishers are not liable for falsehoods in someone's so-called memiors. The source is accountable for what is printed. Good luck with a lawsuit on that basis especially if it is against a vanity publisher like the one that printed this book. If you have the money you can get anything published in this country. It doesn't have to be authentic. It doesn't have to be truthful whatsoever. Pay upfront and you can get a book out. Nobody cares what your purpose is. Just because something is in print or online or said on TV doesn't make it true. Let's get real. Carol has not made a dime on this book. You can make bank on it. Money was payed out to get this trash into circulation and I'm sure if Buckingham cared one bit about her telling this tall tale he would say something. He hasn't. That tells me he couldn't care less.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^um. this is off topic, but why do you keep sticking that picture after every post?

you know you can just stick it in your sig and that way you won't have to keep posting it, right?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
^^um. this is off topic, but why do you keep sticking that picture after every post?

you know you can just stick it in your sig and that way you won't have to keep posting it, right?
This matters to you because?

Old 07-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
This matters to you because?

hey, i'm just trying to make it easier for you, but if you want to be an ass about it...by all means waste your time and post it after every single post

Last edited by michelle2677; 07-22-2007 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: because it's mean to call people "dicks"
Old 07-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
hey, i'm just trying to make it easier for you, but if you want to be a dick about it...by all means waste your time and post it after every single post

Thanks for your help and concern. I'll take it under advisement.

PS: I know you can use a signature photo. If I wanted one I'd have one.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Thanks for your help and concern. I'll take it under advisement.

PS: I know you can use a signature photo. If I wanted one I'd have one.

okay, sweet

and okie dokie
Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
okay, sweet

and okie dokie

Just another aside, not really off topic, but rather than discuss my lack of signature photo aren't you or anyone else the least bit curious why the Lindsey forum has been purged of other discussion threads besides this one?

We have a few photo threads left along with sixteen pages of Carol Ann Harris.

Lindsey just ended a ten month tour and he has fewer threads than everyone on the board including Peter Green. What's up with that?

Old 07-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why are you making life harder for yourself by not putting that picture into your signature? It makes no sense whatsoever and it's annoying.

And The Ledge has been down for around two weeks so there hasn't been any Lindsey discussion at all. But then of all your 22 posts I see most have been criticising Carol Ann Harris in these very threads you look down on so much. If you want other Lindsey discussions, you're not exactly helping to steer the conversation into other areas are you?

Last edited by trackaghost; 07-22-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Old 07-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Why are you making life harder for yourself by not putting that picture into your signature? It makes no sense whatsoever and it's annoying.

And The Ledge has been down for around two weeks so there hasn't been any Lindsey discussion at all. But then of all your 22 posts I see most have been criticising Carol Ann Harris in these very threads you look down on so much. If you want other Lindsey discussions, you're not exactly helping to steer the conversation into other areas are you?

well, and not to mention all the threads keep getting closed