The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt
None of this makes any sense. I (a gay man) have my intuitive feelings and you have yours.

What is so ridiculous about Stevie doing it with a woman?? I also find it interesting that some are so freaked out by this that they must make numerous posts to insist it's not true.

My belief that Stevie has had a relationship with a woman has nothing to do with the fact that she has good GF's.

I also never said she was a lesbian. Having a relationship with a woman during your lifetime doesn't make you a lesbian.

Seems like a lot of education is needed, but I have no interest in diverting the purpose of this thread. The question is what are your unpopular Stevie opinions. Mine is that she has had a relationship with a woman.

Deal with it.
Ryan
WE LOVE YOU!!!! Despite the fact you are DEAD WRONG!!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Running through the garden..has been around forever..there is a FM DEmo floating around from Mirage Sessions..TRUE!
I read she actually had the idea in her head for a long time, even before she joined fleetwood mac...the story of the girl. And then when she joined Christine gave her a picture of a girl that she had drawn...and it helped inspire Stevie to do the song. So I think it has been around for a while.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Ryan
WE LOVE YOU!!!! Despite the fact you are DEAD WRONG!!
You know you can put that picture in your Signature, instead of inserting it in your messages everytime you post.

Go to user CP...hit Signature ...and use img src =the url enclose in < >
Old 03-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721
i don't think the idea that stevie could have slept with a woman is ridiculous; and as a gay woman, i certainly am not freaked out by the possibility! what i DO find ridiculous, though, is the endless speculation surrounding who and when and relationships and stuff like that. i hate when homosexuality is viewed as a novelty. and i'm not saying you are treating it that way - but overall, that is the vibe from these kinds of discussions.

anyway, back to the topic at hand ... lol. another unpopular stevie opinion of mine is that ... actually, i can't think of one right now.
Beautifully put, Carrie!!! I believe that is what I was saying. My thing is... Be proud of who you are - but if people think you're something you're not just because it fulfills something they presumptiously feel is "intuitive"...that's unfair. No one has the right to believe someone is something they are not...no matter what sexual preference or religion, or set of beliefs one holds. Unless - that is - the person doesn't care what people think about them...and that's fine too.

Yes...back to the topic of the thread....

I dig Stevie's platform shoes.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question 200 post son the most unpopular stevie "things"

I can't believe that we have hit 200 posts and 14 pages of Unpopular Stevie notions.

How about if we try popular thoughts and ideas??

Loved reading all this and I love having serious conversations about music-people-some politics-lyric speculations-favorite wines whatever...

I hate the posts that are so thought-less (not to hurt anyone's feelings, but please use your mind and think about what you are writing)
You know the..
"you rock"
"Whatever"
"Now you're talking", etc.
Maybe I am just old school- but I like to put some thought into my posts and encourage discussion, you know, actually write.
Not just enter a sentence blurb-
but hey that is just me...

However, think about it 200? and 14 pages?? Lets talk about something else

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 03-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Here's an idea...

How about you start a new topic, and if anyone cares to join you...they will.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hate the posts that are so thought-less (not to hurt anyone's feelings, but please use your mind and think about what you are writing)
You know the..
"you rock"
"Whatever"
Aren't those the worst? It's like, c'mon people, by posting in a forum you are soliciting the attention of hundreds of people. By doing so, it's only the courteous thing to actually have something to say. It's like standing in a large room filled with hundreds of people, & shouting, "People, attention! Please give me your attention! I have something to say" ... & then just saying, "I agree with that person over there. That's all. Bye." Extremely rude in my view -- & extremely annoying, as Dame Edna would say. If you solicit the attention of others, do so for a reason. What could be simpler? If you grow weary of some people calling the fans morons, don't behave like a moron.
Quote:
Maybe I am just old school- but I like to put some thought into my posts and encourage discussion, you know, actually write.
Not just enter a sentence blurb-
but hey that is just me...
No, it isn't just you. Unfortunately, the problem is pervasive & will never improve.
Quote:
So start another thread on anything your heart wants. The existence of THIS thread doesn't in any way shape or form preclude the existence of another thread of your preference. We don't, as far as I know, have a quota on thread count on this forum. Don't gag other people. The size of this thread is an obvious indication that dozens of us are enjoying ourselves.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't believe that we have hit 200 posts and 14 pages of Unpopular Stevie notions.
And I haven't even contributed!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj
I don't like Tom Petty. I don't like his general arrogance as a person and I don't like his attitude towards Stevie. He once called her a "pop star" in a derogatory sense, and according to Stevie, he doesn't want to work with her professionally, but he'll be her friend. I really don't think he is all that talented to warrant the level of arrogance he displays. (He's "no Bob Dylan"!!!!)

Another comment he made was that concerning the recording of "Stop Draggin'", Stevie just added vocals to his already-finished track. Those of us who have heard the "Stop Draggin'" masters know that there were a few different Tom Petty vocal tracks recorded. If what Tom says is true, then why would Stevie be singing along to a "Tom" vocal track that wasn't the final "Tom" vocal track?

I just don't like his attitude.

And I get the impression that's really unpopular here on this list!

Here's a couple more unpopular opinions; I love "When I See You Again" and "Welcome To The Room Sara", and I think they are the best tracks on the "Tango" album.

Thanks for letting me vent!

- Jim
I totally get what you are saying. Remember at the Grammys (I think it was thr Grammys) in 2003 when Stevie gave Petty a lifetime acheivement award? He barely even looked up at her. He just kept tuning his guitar. I thought that was rather rude. But whatever!

I really like their vocals together, like on "I Will Run To You"

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, I'll go back and check (I'll make it a mission) but I really hate her HIGH KICKS at the end of Stand Back. I have to look away. They are so unlady-like in skirt. She's way to sophisticated to do such a thing right in our faces just to prove she's still limber. Big deal...what about her bad hip? It's not worth the risk. Plus it's obvious that it's a bit of a strain, the way she has to grip the mike with her hand will stepping on the stand with her other foot. I wish she'd drop it and I don't care who would miss it. Or understand WHY they would? YUCK.

I don't mind them at all while wearing her pants during "Rock and Roll" but still - not worth the risk.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
please use your mind and think about what you are writing)
You know the..
"you rock"
"Whatever"
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

COOL, man!
Whatever FLOATS your BOAT!
ya DIG???
Old 03-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I totally get what you are saying. Remember at the Grammys (I think it was thr Grammys) in 2003 when Stevie gave Petty a lifetime acheivement award? He barely even looked up at her. He just kept tuning his guitar. I thought that was rather rude. But whatever!

"
Well, here's a theory - it's just a theory, I admit, but -

Tom Petty has the biggest crush in the history of humanity on Stevie.
Always has, always will. But she "just considers him a friend."
( Think, "Tom you're a Really Nice Guy but..." )
He's rather embarrassed about it, and maybe a little shy around her, too. It's not that he doesn't think much of her, it's that he thinks the WORLD of her.
And it also gets in the way of them being able to work together Professionally, and he takes The Craft seriously enough, and is mature enough, to know that.
Check out the videos - many of them are OBVIOUSLY about Stevie.
At least he had the maturity to bow out gracefully, as opposed to certain people who have been kinda bitter in some of their post-Stevie songs, and no I'm not talking about Lindsey...

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-04-2006 at 06:12 PM..
Old 03-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
You know you can put that picture in your Signature, instead of inserting it in your messages everytime you post.

Go to user CP...hit Signature ...and use img src =the url enclose in < >
Brandon the pic in your sig is not Tango. It is from the OSOTM tour on Rooms on Fire...notice the exact robe from the video.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Ledgie

Oh! I want to play too! I rarely post because I feel like I'm so out of step with the general fandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
Well, here's a theory - it's just a theory, I admit, but -

Tom Petty has the biggest crush in the history of humanity on Stevie.
Always has, always will.
I'm with you on this one. I always thought the Alice In Wonderland vid for "Don't Come Around Here No More" after Stevie wouldn't record it meant... something.

Reading through this thread, I see that other people love Mirror Mirror, Desert Angel, and When I See You Again as much as I do. God, I love WISYA, it's so raw.

I love Street Angel. It's my least favorite Stevie Album, but that's like saying "this is my least favorite kind of dark chocolate."

I love the stuff that so many fans seem to hate as too synthy and overproduced, namely Wild Heart, Rock A Little, and The Other Side Of The Mirror. WH is my favorite Stevie album.

My favorite Stevie song is Batte Of The Dragon and I'm amazed at how little attention it gets.

Her post-Tusk voice is more effective than older recordings where she sounds so girlish. The rougher and shakier she sounds, the better.

It's great that she's so close to Sheryl Crow she considers her like a sister. That rarely happens between artists.

She barely writes songs at all these days, and it's been that way for at least a decade. And doesn't want people to know that, whatever the reason.

The platform boots are ridiculous on a woman with hip trouble and I wish she'd ditch them. If she wants to wear Frankenboks, that's fine. She's entitled.

Her best hair was the overfluffed Mirage/Wild Heart look.

(As a side note, something happened between Lindsey & Christine somewhere along the way. And from the sound of TITN, it was pretty intense.)
Old 03-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallycait
I love Street Angel. It's my least favorite Stevie Album, but that's like saying "this is my least favorite kind of dark chocolate."

Quote:
Her post-Tusk voice is more effective than older recordings where she sounds so girlish. The rougher and shakier she sounds, the better.
I completely agree. Yes yes yes yes yes.

Quote:
(As a side note, something happened between Lindsey & Christine somewhere along the way. And from the sound of TITN, it was pretty intense.)
I didn't want to say this but ..........Me too! Nah, kidding. But I like to think it could have happened.