User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[This is from an article on congressional candidates in the Napa Valley Register. He seems to be conflating Christine and Stand Back]

http://napavalleyregister.com/news/l...a4bcf887a.html

“V is the Roman numeral for five — my last name starts with v,” Van Raam said. “If I beat James Hinton, right after the general election I would turn 45. As I was thinking this morning, Christine McVie is getting back with Fleetwood Mac. I spend a lot of time reading between the lines — maybe too much.”
Thanks for using the word "conflating." I get excited when underused words are employed to express a very specific meaning!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today in History, June 13

KGMI radio

http://kgmi.com/news/030030-today-in...story-june-13/

1970: Christine McVie released a solo album, then announced her retirement from music. She was back within a year, joining her husband, John McVie, in Fleetwood Mac.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Today in History, June 13

KGMI radio

http://kgmi.com/news/030030-today-in...story-june-13/

1970: Christine McVie released a solo album, then announced her retirement from music. She was back within a year, joining her husband, John McVie, in Fleetwood Mac.
I didn't realize she retired before joining Fleetwood Mac. So she's retired 3 times in the past 45 years- she retired completely 1970, retired from touring in 1990, and retired from Fleetwood Mac in 1998. I wonder how long she'll stay with us this time?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I didn't realize she retired before joining Fleetwood Mac. So she's retired 3 times in the past 45 years- she retired completely 1970, retired from touring in 1990, and retired from Fleetwood Mac in 1998. I wonder how long she'll stay with us this time?
That dame, always retiring, then changing her mind in an instant (well in 15 year instants). What is the deal?

Michele
Old 06-16-2014, 11:17 AM

Can't blame Lindsey or Stevie for the first time in 1970. lol
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is an excerpt from an article on rock music through the generations]

The Star, Bill TaylorSpecial to the Star, Published on Mon Jun 23 2014

http://www.thestar.com/life/2014/06/...nerations.html

It was Nov. 20, 1970, at Durham University in northeast England.

I had a friend who booked bands for gigs around the region. This was a students’ event. I helped carry their gear and sat in on their sound-check.

Christine McVie had recently joined. She may even have spoken to me. I seem to recall her saying fondly, “Get out of my way!”

The band’s back on tour, featuring the “long-awaited return” of ... Christine McVie. But with the three-figure price of decent tickets, I won’t be at the ACC in October. Let someone else carry their amps.

My hairdresser, a Rolling Stones fanatic, tells of a client saying how pathetic it is that the Stones keep touring.

My stylist retorted, “What’s really pathetic is that there’s no one younger who can do what they do.”

Words to live by. Word to chisel on your tombstone.

It’s not only Fleetwood Mac and the Stones who are still on a roll. This has become a retirement industry. I sent my trainer to see George “Bad to the Bone” Thorogood at Massey Hall last month. It was love at first riff, “and he’s almost as old as you!”

Yeah, thanks for that.

Do audiences still hold up lighters or is that passé? M-m-m-my generation — as The Who’s Roger Daltrey continues, at 70, to sing it — predates even those days.

I have a postcard reproducing the poster for a “happy-go-lucky summer revue” opening in the English resort of Blackpool on June 23, 1961 — 53 years ago today. Top of the bill was crooner Frankie Vaughan.

I saw that show. It wasn’t rock ’n’ roll but I liked it.

I’d just been to my first genuine rock concert: the Shadows, Cliff Richard’s backing group, but stars in their own right. Guitarist Hank Marvin inspired a lot of young wannabes: Neil Young, Jeff Beck, Randy Bachman ...

The Shadows played a one-night stand in Blackpool. I badgered my parents into taking me, though they fretted about riotous teenagers. In fact, the kids behaved better than my mother (who was 43) when we saw Frankie Vaughan.

As sex symbols go, Vaughan was a watered-down Tom Jones but still regarded as risqué, with a high kick that had women old enough to be his grandma shrieking.

He’d don top hat and tails for his “signature” number: “If there’s anyone in doubt who would like to try me out, give me the moonlight, give me the girl and leave the rest (wink) to (leer) me.” Steam rising from the orchestra stalls ...

He made his entrance from the lobby, jogging down the aisle as it dawned on those closest that he was fleetingly within reach.

We weren’t, thank heavens, at the end of the row because my mother leapt to her feet, hollering, “Oh my god, there he is!”

She denied this for the rest of her life, but my dad and I had the evidence of our eyes and ears. The term hadn’t yet been coined but Mom had the makings of a groupie!

Another musical legend (sort of) for the guru to share with his disciple. Too bad I don’t have any Frankie Vaughan vinyl.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from a Chronicle Herald, July 3, 2014 article about Glasto by Tim Arsenault]

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslif...brits-since-70

One thing that isn’t so special is obsessing about the weather for festival weekend. Worthy Farm in Somerset has been known to become a mammoth mud pit, but the great unwashed rarely seem bothered.

Even normally pampered rock stars get in the swing of things. Christine McVie, who recently rejoined Fleetwood Mac, has said she wouldn’t be opposed to playing the farm as long as boots were provided — quite a statement coming from someone who seems classy enough to be on Downton Abbey.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like to share this photo.

This is not really news but I found this 1980's Fostex ad as I was going though some of my old Recording Engineer/Producer Magazines today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris in fostex ad 1980's.jpg (97.7 KB, 23 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Cam Fuller of the Star Phoenix, September 16, 2014

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/entert...234/story.html

Who Am I?

8. J.K. Rowling? No. Christine McVie? Yes. I know I said I'd never tour with Fleetwood Mac again, but I've conquered my fear of flying and need a break from all the gardening I've been doing for the past 15 years in the backyard of my castle. Not that I won't be nervous when the tour starts later this month, but things will be fine by the time we get to Saskatoon Nov. 12.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a new compilation album of female voices, and they have called it Songbird!

It has both the Fleetwood Mac and Eva Cassidy version of Songbird on it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Songbird-Var...ds=songbird+cd

Last edited by MoonSister75; 09-20-2014 at 07:24 AM..
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM

what a beautiful collection