The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Default New dance remixes of Big Love.

Yes, these are actually made in the '00s. Seems like Lindsey is getting hip again. Take that Stevie!

First one was made by a guy called DJ Andio, he utilizes Lindsey's original performance from The Dance. Go to http://www.djandio.co.uk/ and it should start playing by itself.

Second one is from this year and was made by The Lazy Boyz. Nice pseudo-sequencing on this one, although they've put on a female vocal on it. It's the first file on this here MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/thelazyboyz

Third one was made by Sharam from Deep Dish. Haven't been able to find that one, although the white label of it has been played in clubs for some time it seems!

--------------------------------------

Now you can feel free to slag off dance music.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

dj andio: I dig this one. But you know how I think about remixes anyway.

deep dish: downloading it as we speak... (it's on soulseek, search terms big love deep dish)
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pssst?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b46hli
Old 04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
hey mari! thanks for that. i'm really digging the club mix also, i concur...the dj andio remix is pretty good.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mum was taking my brother out someone and he inflicted BBC Radio 1 on her in the car and she (a FM fan) told me about the Deep Dish remix. I meant to post about it but I forgot about it. Thanks for posting it Mari. I was curious to hear it.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the deep dish one sucks. Thanks for posting though, Mari. It just doesn't pay attention to the possibilities the original drumtrack has in itself. I hate that. Why didn't they do something with that fab rythmtrack?. Nah this is not remixing, this is mixing two things that have nothing to do with eachother witout creating something new.

That BL-from the dance-remix is cool though. It really creates a new feel into the song. He had to adjust the pace of the original track though. I don't think Lindsey could play that track this tight.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I think the deep dish one sucks. Thanks for posting though, Mari. It just doesn't pay attention to the possibilities the original drumtrack has in itself. I hate that. Why didn't they do something with that fab rythmtrack?. Nah this is not remixing, this is mixing two things that have nothing to do with eachother witout creating something new.

That BL-from the dance-remix is cool though. It really creates a new feel into the song. He had to adjust the pace of the original track though. I don't think Lindsey could play that track this tight.
you know, i wonder how he'd react to hearing this? lindsey was pretty vocal in his dislike for the dixie chicks version of landslide -- was very into camper van beethoven (which i assume was because it was so experimental). but a dance track? i'd be curious to hear his thoughts.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Billo

I personally don't see how just adding the stereotypical same-ol' doubletime drum loop and maybe an additional floor tom constitutes a remix. So if I sped up and played cowbell over The Beatles "Michelle", I could call that a remix? I could put my own name on it and claim it as something I created?

This just seems like 110% LACK of anything musical, interesting or noteworthy.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo View Post
I personally don't see how just adding the stereotypical same-ol' doubletime drum loop and maybe an additional floor tom constitutes a remix. So if I sped up and played cowbell over The Beatles "Michelle", I could call that a remix? I could put my own name on it and claim it as something I created?

This just seems like 110% LACK of anything musical, interesting or noteworthy.
is that remark pointed at both? I fully underline your point when it considers deep dish...but in the other one .... i don't know there's something "happening" there...

Gardenstategirlie: I bet lindsey hates this approach. When we look at his own covers...yyes there he is again: Here Comes The Sun; we can clearly see that he digs covers when made idiosyncratic for the interpreter himself.

Yes I know, that could have been a LB-sentence...sorry

Old 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So if I sped up and played cowbell over The Beatles "Michelle", I could call that a remix?
That was physically painful to read.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Billo

HA, agreed - painful.

That was aimed at the DJ Andio or whatever one. I haven't listened to the other two.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HA, agreed - painful.

That was aimed at the DJ Andio or whatever one. I haven't listened to the other two.
I'll stick with LB's versions. I suppose that doesn't make me modish but oh well.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like dance remixes at all. I agree with what Gerald said about the Deep Dish version and haven't listened to the other one yet, but I've never been a fan of Dance so it'll have to be pretty damn good for me to like it.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mind a good dance track or remix, but I've got to agree on the Deep Dish mixes. First time I heard it, I thought I just was a little too tired to enjoy them, but .. err, no. Oh well, nice for the collection, then.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi..thanks for all your comments good and bad!

The good news is it's here at last! After a long summer...it's all coming together and the track is out for download (WOO HOO!!!)

Now all you nice people have to do is buy it for me! ;-)
It's available on iTunes!

If you don't use iTunes you can get it on Napster or here
http://www.junodownload.com/products/1273619-02.htm
http://dittomusic.dloadshop.com/shop.asp?artistid=163

Thought I'd give you an insight on why I chose to do this cover while I'm here....I heard the original studio version on a radio station here in the UK and saw the potential for using parts of it in a club record...I did already know the track but hadn't heard it for a long time!
I then looked for it to download to get a better listen, and came across the live version from the Dance....and thought this is even better!
Then I went and bought the Dance DVD and was seriously blown away by the performance! It is simply amazing to be able to play like that...and sing! originally I thought there was probably at least two guitarists playing!

I did actually try to get clearance from the publishers to use the original vocal & samples but came up against a bit of a brick wall, I then came across Stephen playing at a gig in Dublin....and the rest is history....lol

I agree though....nothing will top the original live version! I've just tried to update it, make it club & radio friendly...and also try to stay pretty true to the original...not everyone's going to like it...and it's probably not for the purist's but...if it pleases a few LB fans....and attracts a few new ones then it's been worthwile

It's currently sitting just outside the UK top 40....looking to break into it this weekend...so if it doesn't offend you too much...get downloading....lol