User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm greedy. I'll be happy with either. But, I do ask this: is any Buckingham solo album as great as SYW? For me, the answer is "no."
For me, the answer is: "every single one of them".

But his SYW songs combined with the UTS-songs from GOS and addition of GOS-the song, Twist Of Fate, Shuffle Riff, Deep Dense would have made his best album ever.

Well, plus Shut Us Down ofcourse.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm greedy. I'll be happy with either. But, I do ask this: is any Buckingham solo album as great as SYW? For me, the answer is "no."
Well of course that's a subjective assessment, although your view is probably the majority view among the Lindsey B. fans. To me, the first solo album is just about the best work he's done, at least since that time. That first album seems to me to plunge into the new territory (not just new for him but new for '80s pop-rock) of I guess I'd call it neo-crooner. The guiding attitude of the whole project & of individual moments seems to be "We were a lot less naive in the old days than people now say we were." However, I've enjoyed a lot of his work since then, like the DW Suite & his imaginative & very emotional remake of All My Sorrows.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we know how involved Lindsey is with this DVD? Will it be like Soundstage where he didn't seem to have that much input (as far as I know)?

And if he is involved in the production, do people think he'll maybe maybe tweak the vocals here and there to clean them up?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Do we know how involved Lindsey is with this DVD? Will it be like Soundstage where he didn't seem to have that much input (as far as I know)?

And if he is involved in the production, do people think he'll maybe maybe tweak the vocals here and there to clean them up?
He appears to be pretty involved in the whole process...starting with the camera placement at Bass Hall. They had it set up one way and he came in and changed it around a bit.

It was such an amazing performance that I don't seed a need for tweaking but then that's just me. Everyone tweaks a bit, don't they? He probably does.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Well of course that's a subjective assessment, although your view is probably the majority view among the Lindsey B. fans. To me, the first solo album is just about the best work he's done, at least since that time. That first album seems to me to plunge into the new territory (not just new for him but new for '80s pop-rock) of I guess I'd call it neo-crooner. The guiding attitude of the whole project & of individual moments seems to be "We were a lot less naive in the old days than people now say we were." However, I've enjoyed a lot of his work since then, like the DW Suite & his imaginative & very emotional remake of All My Sorrows.
I love Law and Order and Go Insane (and Out of the Cradle for that matter, though I feel I just can't judge Gift of Screws). My point had less to do with the individual quality of the songs ("Trouble" and "Go Insane" are indisputable classic tracks). And while each of his solo albums undoubtedly represent thematic integration (of the sort you point out in Law and Order), I feel that the tracks in Say You Will gain significance in their relation to the tracks he produces for Stevie. That's the great return to form that Say You Will represents. Add to that the virtues of collaborating with John and Mick and the competitive need to match Stevie's excellent output AND the slimmed down tracklistings. . . and it just means more to me to experience.

That said, I prefer Law and Order and Go Insane to the 80s Mac albums because those Mac albums don't represent innovation (which you rightly attribute to the solo albums) and because there's no longer that kind of communication between Lindsey and Stevie in the songs . . . except for maybe "Gypsy". . . and the artistic juice that flows in Lindsey's collabs with Christine. Amazingly, as the title suggests, this shared sensitivity returns in Say You Will. . . probably as a consequence of The Dance. . . Together, Stevie and Lindsey look back at the legacy of Fleetwood Mac. In doing so, they, surprisingly, address the needs of the post-9/11 era.

I want more (with or without Christine). Say You Will, indeed. . .
Old 08-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
finally...something to keep me alive.
my sentiments exactly
Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know if this dvd has popped up on amazon yet?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't seen it on Amazon. I haven't seen anything mentioned other than on IMDb.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello other Xmas prezzy

yep, Im getting this and a guitar, all a girl could ever ask for