User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Absolutely! I love Seven Wonders! It's a very strong track...

Imagine being able to shout that great TAAAANNNGOOOO at the top of your voice while it's being played right in front of you! Love it!

I would love to one day see her sing that live

It would also be great to see the band do some tracks live from that album (other than "Big Love", but then again that doesn't involve all of them at their gigs at the moment).
I think FM totally need to do a request show, where the audience suggests what they would like to hear the band play
Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutTheBlameOnMe View Post
I think FM totally need to do a request show, where the audience suggests what they would like to hear the band play
I can't remember if it was The Wild Heart Tour or the RAL Tour but at one show I attended Stevie jokingly asked the audience if they had any requests. Many were yelled out to her. She said into the mic as she repeated what she had just heard, "Silversprings? Maryland, Connecticut."
Then she continued the show, ofcourse without doing any of the requests.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love TITN. And Stevie looked so beautiful in the Little Lies video. The whole countryside and barns and fields were artistic imagery I thought. We'll probably never see Stevie in such settings again. I absolutely love the album cover painting. I was thinking a while back what I'd have painted if I ever decided on one whole wall mural, and THAT would probably be it! I just think it's beautiful for some reason and tells a story if you look hard enough.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I love TITN. And Stevie looked so beautiful in the Little Lies video. The whole countryside and barns and fields were artistic imagery I thought. We'll probably never see Stevie in such settings again. I absolutely love the album cover painting. I was thinking a while back what I'd have painted if I ever decided on one whole wall mural, and THAT would probably be it! I just think it's beautiful for some reason and tells a story if you look hard enough.
I agree with all of that. The whole Tango era was a tightly orchestrated, beautifully packaged event. All of the videos were gorgeous. The video for Big Love was especially neat. Definitely foreshadowed at the storms brewing within the wings.

I too love the cover art. It was such a departure for the Rumours kids. The cover said this album was exotic, something different. Something sophisticated. And in it's quirky '80s manner, Tango was all of the above.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I just wish that they played the title track live, just once! Imagine being able to shout that great TAAAANNNGOOOO at the top of your voice while it's being played right in front of you! Love it!
Me and you both! I think the title track was the song that opened me up to the rest of the album. Such a typical rock guitar solo, in a very atypical song package. One of the best guitar solos of Lindsey's recording career, and I think one of his most effectively produced songs within the Mac. I just love this song... it's one you have to really CRANK up when you listen to it!
Old 12-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is that supposed to be a UFO in the sky above the elephants?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I absolutely love the album cover painting. I was thinking a while back what I'd have painted if I ever decided on one whole wall mural, and THAT would probably be it! I just think it's beautiful for some reason and tells a story if you look hard enough.
I do think it makes you think of entropic nights. Safari maybe, netting over the bed, unrelenting heat, humidity making you push aside crumpled bedding. Then I remember, when the moon was full and bright. I would take you in the darkness . . .

Very hot.

I also think the Mirage cover matches the song Hold Me and that it goes nicely with the video Hold Me, which hints of mirages, hallucinations and people who can't quite reach each other, though they grasp.

Michele
Old 12-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I also think the Mirage cover matches the song Hold Me and that it goes nicely with the video Hold Me, which hints of mirages, hallucinations and people who can't quite reach each other, though they grasp.

Michele
Thematic, indeed!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thematic, indeed!
Well, I think the picture inside the SYW liner notes of the 4 outstretched hands fits into that theme as well.

Michele
Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I think the picture inside the SYW liner notes of the 4 outstretched hands fits into that theme as well.

Michele
That one puzzles me.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yes, but you've had the album for over 20 years... I'm sure you knew that?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what I've always thought it was. And the weird rings around the setting sun/moon or whatever is cool. And what look like little eyes peering in the bushes and stuff. I thought the cover went well with the album title and song. I like when they put entire efforts into their albums and music right down to the cover art. Some people might not care or pay any attention to covers and stuff and just rip open the album or cd, but I like the whole package deal, especially when it comes to a Stevie or Mac album. I'm picky
Old 12-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Some people might not care or pay any attention to covers and stuff and just rip open the album or cd, but I like the whole package deal, especially when it comes to a Stevie or Mac album. I'm picky
I'm the same way. This whole digital revolution is really sad to me because of that. I don't want my only option in the future for new music to be downloading albums off of I-Tunes. I like getting the new album in my hands... opening the package, looking at the cover art, fishing through the liner notes, seeing what design was chosen for the CD, stuff like that. Trouble In Shangri La for instance is one of the most beautifully packaged albums I've ever seen. Someone who simply downloaded the album online would miss so much of the experience of owning that record.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE IT! Tango has the magic that Mirage lacked. Christine is BRILLIANT on that album. She and Eddy Quintela were great working together. I love Lindsey's songs too. The title track is maybe the best on the entire album. The guitar solo is so dark and powerful. I even really love When I See You again. I know most of the people hate it, but to me it just sounds so sad and emotional. I agree with some other ledgies that You And I II should have been replaced with You And I I, and I would replace Everywhere, Welcome To the Room... Sara, and Family Man, with anything else. WTTRS is probably the worst song Stevie ever recorded with Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yup, and there are strange looking eyes glowing from the bushes. Speaking of the album cover, I always hated it.