User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I loved my seats, much to my surprise (I expected they'd be pretty bad, being somewhat close to the back, but they were raised very high).
As a side, my apologies to anyone who was scared by my "CHAMPION LINDSEY" when the crowd went silent after Go Insane. I felt compelled to take the opportunity...
Oh, that's great. Thanks to you, Lindsey was not left in complete silence!

I feel the same way about SYLM. I loved singing to that chorus. It gave me chills (or as Chris would say "gooseflesh") but it made me teary as well. Makes me think of her much more than Don't Stop does.

Michele
Old 12-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Shes looks Beautiful here!! Gahh im excited for New Plymouth!!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, that's great. Thanks to you, Lindsey was not left in complete silence!

I feel the same way about SYLM. I loved singing to that chorus. It gave me chills (or as Chris would say "gooseflesh") but it made me teary as well. Makes me think of her much more than Don't Stop does.

Michele
Yeah, when Don't Stop came on, Christine was on my mind for a fleeting moment, most likely because it's only recently that I realised it was her and not Lindsey that sings it on Rumours! I used to be hopeless at telling them apart... and still am sometimes! I mean, it was only on Wednesday, during my second thrashing of TVBOFM, that I realised Christine had some vocals for World Turning! At least when they're talking in interviews they're easy for me to distinguish...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Well I was absolutely blown away with the whole show at the Brisbane entertainment venue last night, both Stevie & Lindsay were on fire from start to finish. I made my way to the front after Gypsy, 6 ft left of Stevie she is sooo tiny, she chose to wear the Reeboky type boots with 5 diamonds below the toe, just to jazz them up a bit, i guess??.. My favorite's were Gypsy, Rhiannon, GDW, she rocked the house down with Stand Back & showed the most passion in those songs mostly, I thought she would of interacted a little more than she did with only 10 people under & around her mic for the whole 2 1/2hrs , 1st to 5th row were invited to stand up at the stage, I was why those that chose not too.. She excepted the 12 red roses that we handed to her after Silver Springs, she smiled & said thank you
LB interacted so well with the crowd all night, played unbelievable with so much energy & passion, I got to stroke his hand at the end of Tusk, he was pounding the strings of his guitar so hard in front of us, smooth hands.. Anyway it was a fantastic night,I loved every second of it!!!!:: I arrived home at 2.30am after staying back waiting for them to leave the building, apparently Stevie escaped into the one & only limo 10 min after Silver Springs, Mick & his 2 little girls walked past us & left in a 4wd, they were dancing behind Lori,Sharon & ? for most of the concert..
That's SO cool. I always love how great Lindsey is with the crowds ...sounds like a great time!!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey AussieWHeart, your seats were really close to mine but I COULDN'T GET TO THE STAGE, DAMMIT ALL!!! lol I still had a fantastic time though.

I've remembered slightly more things. When the "Christine"-included songs came on, it felt odd to hear Stevie and Lindsey's voices singing Christine's lines. Sort of...I mean, it sounded GREAT but it felt wrong. LOL. In the best way possible of course. (nothing S & L do is WRONG. Ever. lol)

Ohhh, did anyone notice what Lindsey said before...um...what was it...either Big Love or Go Insane...or...was it So Afraid...(see? My mind is a sieve I tells ye)...anyway, how he talked about how he was at the time of writing that song? And how time has changed and stuff? (I remembered the book written by Carol, who he was with I think at this time, and how she described their time together and his problems and stuff...) I found what he said excellent with regard to that. (I hope this makes sense to anyone!) lol

I'm still annoyed at the security people with the cameras the stage-access. I understand they don't want everyone crowding the stage. Of course not. But come ON. 3 rows isn't over the top! And I also noticed MANY people dancing near the stage just behind the initial first 2 row people...and they'd come up from way back, behind us, sooo...I was like WHY CAN'T WE GO TO THE STAGE THEN!?

Oh, and I can't remember who went to the show alone, but GOOD FOR YOU! I'd go alone if nobody wanted to go with me. My partner is even more of a FM nut than I am (she feels they're like old friends since she's met them all and has a soft spot for Stevie), so obviously we went together. But if she didn't want to go, I'd go by myself DEFINITELY. You don't talk to whoever you're with much anyway, do you? You can't HEAR enough to! And it's better, in my opinion, to go alone and thoroughly enjoy it, than to go with someone and be worrying the whole night that they're bored or having a bad time or something.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Lindsey's words before Big Love - Brisbane Tuesday 15 December. "This next song is one thats particularly important to me for a couple of reasons. One reason is the way it transforms from one thing to another. It began as an ensemble piece that was the first single from our album Tango In The Night....but eventually it became a starting point for a certain way of thinking about approaching some songs and thats one reason its quite important. Another reason which is probably actually more profound that if you examine the lyric of this song at the time it was written, and i guess this song was written back in 1987, it pretty accurately describes the person that I was at that time and happily over the passage of time that description has become just an echoe hh, and so where this song perhaps this song was once a contemplation on alienation, it has now become a contemplation on the importance and the power of change"

I absolutely loved that concert and it was so much better than I had even expected. And being such a huge fan of Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac my expectations were high. Having gone to the Say You Will Tour in 2004 I was younger then and really only saw the music as a whole Fleetwood Mac. However since that time my interest in the band and Lindsey has gone so much deeper and I was so surprised and satisfied when he played songs like I Know I'm Not Wrong from the Tusk album and Go Insane of his solo album Go Insane, and Peter Green's Oh Well which was my favorite song of the night. A lot of people I have talked to about the concerts said there were a lot of songs they didn't know, and I suppose thats the difference between a serious Fleetwood and Lindsey follower and a standard fan.

They couldn't have done a better show and it seems that they have really came together as one to celebrate, look back on and appreciate their collective genius, creativity and individualism by performing their most incredible songs in an awesome setlist. I think that not only has their tour reinforced the outright excellence and perfection of their music to existing fans, but they have given the younger generations and soon to be fans a fresh snapshot of real genuine music, something that is scarce these days. Their music is full of emotion, pure passion, and drive.

In Lindsey's words "The point is, to do something that means something."

The one thing I loved about the performance is that Lindsey and the entire band have in some respect intensified and enhanced many of their songs which is in true Lindsey Buckingham form. Always evolving, challenging and improving. Gold Dust Woman, Oh Well.. OMG I love them all and I love the morals and message that Fleetwood Mac stand for! They were AMAZING and I truly miss them!

On the Tuesday night concert I was the one who yelled out "LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM" in the dead silence prior to him performing Never Going Back Again. I love that man.

Dom.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh my god, I HEARD THAT! That was you! How cool. LOL. Did you hear the guy yell out something about Lindsey soudning like Mark Knoffler? Or something? Meh.

Anyway...I knew ALL the songs! I must be a true FM fan! WOO! lol. I'd only heard Oh Well a few times as I'm much more into the Stevie & Lindsey FM songs and time period, but I LOVED how they did it in the show.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh my god, I just re-read your post and you were at TUESDAY'S show when you yelled out! So I couldn't have heard it. It must've been some other "loon" who called out Lindsey's name at my show on Wednesday. LOL.

And HOW THE HELL did you remember word-for-word Lindsey's speech/comments about Big Love???
Old 12-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all these awesome reviews! I really wish I could see them again soon..I already miss seeing Lindsey live again.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Dom, I was standing about 2ft from LB, & we all heard you yell that out to him , that was awesome & good on you!!! Lindsey heard you loud & clear:: I noticed a cheeky grin too. A VERY well deserved shout out he is defiantly a Musical GENIUS & living guitar LEGEND. I'm just hoping it was NOT their final live performance here in Australia I kinda have a sad feeling it may of been....
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=grace_face;860647]Oh my god, I just re-read your post and you were at TUESDAY'S show when you yelled out! So I couldn't have heard it. It must've been some other "loon" who called out Lindsey's name at my show on Wednesday. LOL.

And HOW THE HELL did you remember word-for-word Lindsey's speech/comments about Big Love???[/QUOTE]

He recorded it.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
did you actually HEAR lindsey singing on SB?
u know how much he must love that song
that's his staple guitarbation song
I can't say that I actually heard him over everything else that was going on, but he was just so into it. I loved it.

Guitarbation
The whole thing is sligthly disconcerting, but you still can't help but watch

I remembered something else that struck me at both shows, but particularly the 2nd night when we were down at the front -- and it's how insanely quiet the place goes during NGBA. I love the album version, and I previously wasn't a huge fan of this slowed-down caper, but I think the silence that descended over the place is testament to how captivating it actually is. The crowd just seemed to hang on every word and every note, and I found that really powerful.

It is clear that Stevie and Lindsey have the crowd in the palms of their hands at all times (Mick and John too, I guess, but they're more often in the shadows). Their performances just command the audience's attention, and by god do they get it. I loved that when Stevie turned to the crowd at the sides of the stage during GYOW and raised her arms up them, there didn't appear to be a single person who wasn't up out of their seat. Betcha Britney can't rouse that kind of reaction.

Some photos from the 2nd show, courtesy of Gerry_Rocks on Flickr. I hope he doesn't mind, but some of these are too awesome not to share.

More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_7...7622892710671/
Old 12-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
Some photos from the 2nd show, courtesy of Gerry_Rocks on Flickr. I hope he doesn't mind, but some of these are too awesome not to share.
Those are crisp, vivid and astounding pictures. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing them, because most of us probably never would have seen Gerry_Rocks Flickr stream.

Michele
Old 12-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dompower View Post
The one thing I loved about the performance is that Lindsey and the entire band have in some respect intensified and enhanced many of their songs which is in true Lindsey Buckingham form. Always evolving, challenging and improving. Gold Dust Woman, Oh Well.. OMG I love them all and I love the morals and message that Fleetwood Mac stand for! They were AMAZING and I truly miss them!

Dom.
I loved your review and I am so proud of them for not just going through the motions. Once the set was familiar to them, down pat, they could have just phoned it in, but show after show, it sounds like they're giving it their all. They make me so happy to be a fan -- well, I'm ashamed about this Eagles stuff, but . . .

Thanks for typing out Lindsey's speech. I make fun of the repetition, but what he says is meaningful and certainly resonates, when you first hear it.

Michele