User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But it’s the song’s message that is important to the dedication and Christopher Cross has much more to do with Landslide than Lindsey.
Yes, of course. Lindsey? Who’s Lindsey?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
At this point Stevie could have fired the tech guy and it would give them one more excuse to vent their anger and frustrations. Heck, maybe their fave tv show is in hiatus too long and they'll take it out on Stevie and Mick too.
Your point has been proven by the posts that
quoted yours.

"Could" is the key word people.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Your point has been proven by the posts that
quoted yours.

"Could" is the key word people.
Mine (in all caps) was in jest, in case that wasn't clear.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
The message here is we should “move on” and stop blaming the dynamic duo for Lindsey’s firing and current condition because they had nothing to do with it. Poor souls.

And go back to our fave tv show.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yep, hate can be destructive. Good thing there’s a fan forum where people can engage in harmless chat, vent and discuss these things and that no one’s out in “the real world” going postal.
I wouldn't call it harmless. Some of it crosses the line to
bullying. And there's no telling how many Ledge members
have been run off by it.

I'm not a fan of Stevie's anymore, so it's not coming from
that point of view. I'm just wondering how a handful of people
can keep the hate going on for months? Doesn't it get tiring?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Got you. All clear.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole situation is beyond depressing. I just hope Lindsey is taking the time he needs to look after number one and isn't wasting any of his precious energy on the doings of his former bandmates. They don't deserve consideration when he should be solely focused on recovery.

I had zero illusions that anything heartfelt or meaningful would be said by the other four last night. It's nice that Neil at least tried, but it's not his responsibility. Mick probably only tacked on his well-wishes because he feared that radio silence would interfere with ticket sales. We know his mind is always on the money.

As for Christine, I continue to be thoroughly disgusting with her behavior. Despite knowing that she is probably the most conflicted, I still cannot get over how weak-willed she's become. Woman, you are 75 years old!!! Say what you want to say and be done with it. Instead, the best she'll probably offer up is another clandestine email to Lindsey, replete with a "wink wink, nudge nudge, feel free to share this publicly" post-script to alleviate her guilt.

Stevie. . .don't get me started. There's literally nothing left to say about that one. Probably best for my own mental state if I continue to pretend she doesn't even exist.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why do the current members of Fleetwood Mac need to make an audience statement about Lindsey? There's a sense of entitlement among fans that is completely unrealistic. You paid to hear the music. Listen. Or don't go. And if you choose not to go, maybe you should be silent as well. Yes, even on a discussion board.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Why do the current members of Fleetwood Mac need to make an audience statement about Lindsey? There's a sense of entitlement among fans that is completely unrealistic. You paid to hear the music. Listen. Or don't go. And if you choose not to go, maybe you should be silent as well. Yes, even on a discussion board.
That’s why we don’t go to their concerts. Carry on.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
lol, ok...
Old 02-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That’s why we don’t go to their concerts. Carry on.
Then why comment on the concerts?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe what you point out, as being the correct way to behave, is a statement about the self centered nature of people in this day, that doing the right thing, and commenting on someone who was part of your working/daily family, should be ignored?? I hope I never develop that type of cruel, coldness......and that I always appreciate and treat my fellow man with more than what this band has treated it's LIVING members (past and present).

Remember, FM is the band doing a retrospective dedication to a dead personality (TP). The LEAST they could do is have some common decency, but clearly they don't, and that seems lost on you.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why comment on the concerts?
Because it's a discussion board.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a cruel world and everyone has their own truths. As fans, we aren't privy to those truths and make more assumptions as such. The attacks here are relentless - on each other and bandmembers.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's a cruel world and everyone has their own truths. As fans, we aren't privy to those truths and make more assumptions as such. The attacks here are relentless - on each other and bandmembers.
Oh, we know it’s a cruel world!