User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Your post summarizes everything I feel right now. I never thought about Mick talking at the end only because Mick did it first. Could be.

I always blame Mike together with the rest of the band. He probably knew even before Lindsey that he was being fired and he said ok. Same with NF. He could just walk away after he found out the truth but chose to stay.

Christine’s speech before “All Over Again” was exactly the same. Shameful.
It is shameful and tacky beyond words for two women that were once considered the classiest in rock. I concur about sodascouts post too. I don't always agree with her but she nailed it this time.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yep, hate can be destructive. Good thing there’s a fan forum where people can engage in harmless chat, vent and discuss these things and that no one’s out in “the real world” going postal.

see whether you guys can play this - it's a video by someone who went yesterday and was nice to share in our FB group - it's Mick's speech at the end of the show. in case anyone's interested.

https://www.facebook.com/APerfectLie...2532214650451/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

see whether you guys can play this - it's a video by someone who went yesterday and was nice to share in our FB group - it's Mick's speech at the end of the show. in case anyone's interested.

it played fine.

what he said was fine, if a bit perfunctory.

Shame the rest of the band didn't stick around onstage whilst he said it. Cold. (to me anyway).

Good on Neil for at least having the class to say something *during* the show.

I'm sure Stevie and her people don't want her anywhere near any mention of him because they want to protect her from any negative questions or boos or whatever. Can't upset the Queen. Remember, from the earliest days of the band, the band members can never be blamed for ANYTHING even when they deserve it.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
They've now got more in common other than just being ex-Fleetwood Mac members.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is shameful and tacky beyond words for two women that were once considered the classiest in rock. I concur about sodascouts post too. I don't always agree with her but she nailed it this time.
And Stevie dedicated the show to someone in the audience ….. Christopher Cross. Because, you know, they have known each other for more than 50 years….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Stevie dedicated the show to someone in the audience ….. Christopher Cross. Because, you know, they have known each other for more than 50 years….
You know I hate her, but did you know that Christopher Cross was the opening act on the Tusk Tour?
Old 02-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Thanks for posting that.

It did sound heartfelt...

....but I thought it was telling that he waited until Stevie, Christine, etc. had left the stage before he made the statement.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Really?
If Stevie dedicated Landslide to Lindsey, it would have been the most superficial dedication ever. She blackmailed the band that she would NEVER appear on the same stage with Lindsey again. As bad as she is, she does have shame. If she said something, she would have no shame.

Stevie: Its fine that you say something Mick, but make sure I am off the stage and in my dressing room so I cant hear it.
Mick: You got it Stevie.

Mick on stage: Starts saying goodnight and mentally counting (Mississippi 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7,8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20). Stevie is safely backstage and Mick mentions a speedy recovery to Lindsey Buckingham. Good night all!
Old 02-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know I hate her, but did you know that Christopher Cross was the opening act on the Tusk Tour?
For part of the tour and before that he was their limo driver ..the things he mus have seen.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But it’s the song’s message that is important to the dedication and Christopher Cross has much more to do with Landslide than Lindsey.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
For part of the tour and before that he was their limo driver ..the things he mus have seen.
Probably MOUNDS AND MOUNDS of blow. Lucky guy...
Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I hope Stevie cares. I hope her biggest concern about the prospect of Lindsey dying isn't whether or not it would necessitate a photo montage that would threaten her Petty tribute's prominence in the encore.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it played fine.

what he said was fine, if a bit perfunctory.

Shame the rest of the band didn't stick around onstage whilst he said it. Cold. (to me anyway).

Good on Neil for at least having the class to say something *during* the show.

I'm sure Stevie and her people don't want her anywhere near any mention of him because they want to protect her from any negative questions or boos or whatever. Can't upset the Queen. Remember, from the earliest days of the band, the band members can never be blamed for ANYTHING even when they deserve it.
What did Neil say during the show? Is there a video of it? I can't find a mention of this anywhere.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BBC radio still plays “Arthur’s theme” and “Sailing” both big hits for Christopher Cross...
Old 02-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine also recorded with him, and he did some type of crew work, maybe for a venue, when Peter Green was in the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins