User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry That's the PROBLEM!!

Anyway, the other major point made was that I left Lindsey Buckingham off my list. I like Mr. Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac and think he has a real nice pop feel, but I rarely think of him as the guitarist one must listen to and, in any case, readers should have noticed the preponderance of punkers on the list.
So, my ruling is that Mr. Buckingham is a real good guitar player probably technically better than some on the list but he doesnt make the list because it is MY list.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?B...&PAG=461&rfi=9

I think this guy wrote about the RS list of top guitarists and who would be on HIS list....of course, he heard from the LB fans and this is his response. Heh. That is the PROBLEM tho...nobody LISTENS to Lindsey...I mean LISTEN. Maybe this dippo should LISTEN to Lindsey more often and other dips need to as well.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:16 AM

Dude strikes me as an illiterate dork. (And I'm trying to be nice.) For starters, the headline says "whole," but he's talking about a "hole."

You ask me, he's the "...hole." (No longer trying to be nice.)
Old 09-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Carne...

You are a trip!!

Yeah, I read that headline and was like "What the?" LOL

Hey, we have good taste and that's all that matters, right? Hehe.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sent him an email asking him if he listened to anything other than Rumours before making his judgements. My guess is that he didn't. He probably thinks Out of the Cradle is a lullaby.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LMAO! He sent me an email back! My opinion is "meaningless."

"Hendrix is a hack. OK. Clapton is a hack. OK.
Your opinion officially is meaningless."

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 1:55 PM
To: hkalet@pacpub.com
Subject: Lindsey Buckingham

Respectfully, you have pretty poor judgement when it comes to guitarists. To say that Buckingham has a "nice pop feel" but don't see him as one that should "be listened to" is unbelievable. The man is a guitar genius and he blows overrated guitarists like Hendrix and Clapton out of the water. He is a genius. Put him and Clapton in a room together and see who has more talent; it's pretty obvious. The man lives and breathes his guitar and it shows in his music. Maybe if you listened to some of his stuff instead of "Rumours" you'd be able to make more of a judgement. Just a suggestion...

Old 09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Well...

NOBODY'S opinion is meaningless.

If anyone's a hack, it's THIS guy.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LMAO again! He's his latest email to me:

"I have listened to most of the FM catalogue and I find Buckingham to be an interesting player -- I like Peter Green better, but that is irrelevant. This conversation, and much of the mail I've received made it seem as if I despise Buckingham. That's absurd. He's fine, an outstanding guitarist and all of that. I just like the other dozen or so I listed more, plus probably another dozen I didn't list. That's the way it is with taste. You like who you like.

Here's my question: Why such rancor from Buckingham fans? Why take it so personally? Why not get a life?"

Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: Lindsey Buckingham

You still haven't said anything worthwhile either. What have you listened to other than Rumours? A couple of tunes like Gypsy, Landslide, and Tusk on the radio? Not much to base an opinion on, huh?

So, Lindsey fans, why such rancor? Can't wait to hear from you, Christy!

Old 09-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And...drumroll...the last one:

"Fair enough."

Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: Lindsey Buckingham

In a message dated 9/10/2003 3:20:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, hkalet@pacpub.com writes:

Here's my question: Why such rancor from Buckingham fans? Why take it so personally? Why not get a life?

I don't know. I can only speak for myself and it's because I haven't heard another player ever who sounded better than him; he's a genius. I haven't taken it personally, I simply showed my support for his abilities.

As for getting a life, I would ask the same question to the person who replies to the emails that come from the people who have no lives.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Get a life?!

LMAO!! Dang, he is getting the Wrath of Khan with LB fans, huh?

People (Joe Schmoe) don't RECOGNIZE Lindsey ENOUGH. That is my MAIN beef....he's OVERSHADOWED. He is kinda like a secret you wanna share with the world, but yet, it's cool to have that lil secret, ya know? We Buckingham fans are pulled both ways.

The reason LB fans pounce on these people is because we are PASSIONATE about Lindsey and his music, we want him to be recognized and praised, we feel he is WORTHY of it. Clapton's and Hendrix's fans are that way too, we all want our faves to get the recognition we feel they deserve.

I'll say this...if Lindsey were not in the group, he wouldn't get ANY recognition (we already know that, unfortunately), so I can't complain about him being in FM and not getting recognized as much, at least he DOES get props every once in a blue moon. He was voted Best Rock Guitarist (thanks to Seteca for this info):

Fourteen celebrated Guitarists picked up 1998 Gibson Guitar Awards today at a stellar celebration at New York City's Hard Rock Cafe. Winners included Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, pop songstress Sheryl Crow, slide queen Bonnie Raitt as well as hit maker Dave Matthews and newcomer Johnny Lang. Gibson Musical Instruments CEO Henry Juszkiewicz presented Rock icon John Fogerty the Orville H. Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award.

"This is a tremendous honor for me," Fogerty said. "In recent years I've spent a lot of time honing my skills as a Guitarist, which shows that the learning process is an ongoing one."

The award is determined each year from nominations by editors of leading guitar magazines with the winner in each category chosen by music critics from around the country. Proceeds from the award ceremony benefit the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Foundation, which aids severely handicapped children through the use of improvisational music.

Best Rock Guitarist - Male Lindsey Buckingham
Best Rock Guitarist - Female Sheryl Crow
Best Acoustic Guitarist - Male Dave Matthews
Best Acoustic Guitarist - Female Shawn Colvin
Best Blues Guitarist - Male Luther Allison
Best Blues Guitarist - Female Bonnie Raitt
Best Jazz Guitarist - Male Mike Stern
Best Jazz Guitarist - Female Leni Stern
Best Country Guitarist - Male Lee Roy Parnell
Best Country Guitarist - Female Anita Cochran
Best Bassist - Male Sebastian Steinberg (Soul Coughing)
Best Bassist - Female Me'Shell Ndgeocello
Les Paul Horizon Award (most promising) Johnny Lang
Orville H. Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award John Fogerty

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-10-2003 at 02:41 PM..
Old 09-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down The Problem!!!

Saying Lindsey has a nice pop feel...
...an outstanding GUITARIST butttttt...
oh, you mindless ignoramous...give me
a break!!! Lindsey IS a great talent...he
is just not OUT THERE ENOUGH...sooo you
go pick the blues boys...I Pick Lindsey!

To quote my friend John ..." Lindsey B.
is a Sophisticated MUSICAL ARTISAN
of FANTASTIC MUSIC ABILITY ... who...
Pleases the ABOVE Average FAN !!!"

The Lindsey B. Appreciation Society!

ps...I could be vulgar and tell this incompetent
musical pretender where to put his head!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Here's my question: Why such rancor from Buckingham fans? Why take it so personally?

[/B]
I agree with him here.

Between this post and the post about Rolling Stones top 100...
Old 09-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'M a bit pissed at ya for calling Hendrix & Clapton "overrated hacks"...YOU obviously DON'T know crap about guitar...or anything about Hendrix or Clapton. Buckingham falls well short of both; but that doesn't mean Lindsey's any less of a guitar player.

Clapton and Buckingham HAVE been in the same room...Lindsey played on Eric's Behind The Sun album. Lindsey's virtually inaudible. And, remember, too, after Lindsey's melt down in the "down under" in 1980, Mick was on the verge of replacing Mr. Buckingshorts with the "Almighty" Slowhand hissownself.

The only guitar player who surpasses Clapton is Peter Green. Read, learn, get over it.

But then, I consider the source.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
I'M a bit pissed at ya for calling Hendrix & Clapton "overrated hacks"...YOU obviously DON'T know crap about guitar...or anything about Hendrix or Clapton. Buckingham falls well short of both; but that doesn't mean Lindsey's any less of a guitar player.

Clapton and Buckingham HAVE been in the same room...Lindsey played on Eric's Behind The Sun album. Lindsey's virtually inaudible. And, remember, too, after Lindsey's melt down in the "down under" in 1980, Mick was on the verge of replacing Mr. Buckingshorts with the "Almighty" Slowhand hissownself.

The only guitar player who surpasses Clapton is Peter Green. Read, learn, get over it.

But then, I consider the source.

I never said they were "hacks," I said they were overrated. I prefer Lindsey to the others, so shoot me.

And I don't believe for a second that Mick could ever have wooed Clapton to join the Mac. EVER.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
And, remember, too, after Lindsey's melt down in the "down under" in 1980, Mick was on the verge of replacing Mr. Buckingshorts with the "Almighty" Slowhand hissownself.

What do you mean? I think Lindsey is better than Clapton, by far. Hendrix is the only one I think is better than Lindsey, on the electric. Was he even anything special on the acoustic?
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow dissention...

I believe chilid was talking about the news dude, not you since he is the one who called Clapton and Hendrix hacks.

The whole list crap is ridiculous anyways...I mean, who has the right to say ANY GUITAR PLAYER is better than ANY OTHER GUITAR PLAYER...it's all about who your FAVE is...and who MOVES you.

Sure, we get worked up over RS leaving off LB and people not recognizing him, but in the end, it doesn't matter. We know who we love the most....who gives a frick what anyone ELSE thinks.