Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not a Good Week for Thrown or Steal

In its first week out NO AAA station added Steal Your Heart Away to its regular playlist.

NO AC or HAC station added Thrown Down.

This does not meant it was not played, but no stations jumped on it enough to add it to regular rotation.

To put this in perspective Peacekeeper was the most added AAA song the week it was released.

The songs could wind up on playlists. It may just take a while to build. Other things that would help Warner really working the singles at radio and a pretty good grass roots support effort from listeners.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Not a Good Week for Thrown or Steal

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
Other things that would help Warner really working the singles at radio and a pretty good grass roots support effort from listeners.
Or maybe if they'd make a video for once??? It's almost as if nobody but us, including the band itself and the record label, cares if the band is commercially successful.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't forget, Thrown Down and Steal Your Heart Away were released as singles on November 10th...today is the 12th. I live about 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia which is a major market so I suppose they felt they could play it early here if there was enough demand for it. The first time I heard the song was a few days prior to it's actual scheduled release. I think in the course of the next week, we might hear it more. The station here that's been playing it the most (a classic rock station, btw) has a "No Repeat Work Zone" which means no song gets repeated during the course of the day ever. I haven't been giving the other stations around here a listen but i'm sure they will be playing it soon as well if they haven't already played it.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's obvious the record label is not going to promote Thrown Down or any other single enough to get it out there...so it doest matter much to me...in the beginning everyone said well they shouldve released THROWN DOWN instead...and i hate to be negative, but I doubt these singles will do anything either...simply because thats how it is

Chris
Old 11-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Not a Good Week for Thrown or Steal

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
In its first week out NO AAA station added Steal Your Heart Away to its regular playlist.

NO AC or HAC station added Thrown Down.

The songs could wind up on playlists. It may just take a while to build. Other things that would help Warner really working the singles at radio and a pretty good grass roots support effort from listeners.
This is the week fans should officially be requesting the songs from radio. As for the grassroot campaign, I agree...it's going to take a lot of work to get these songs played, particularly since the album is off the charts and the band isn't even in the country! So every fan that reads and posts to these boards has to put in some effort. That's how the fans of all the junk artists get their songs played... Of course, their fanbase is much larger than ours, and most of them are teenagers who aren't embarrassed to request songs from radio stations.

I'll be satisfied if we can get the songs in the Top 20.

Here's the list of radio stations I posted earlier:

Thrown Down:
AC and Hot AC

Steal Your Heart Away:
Triple A

Keep requesting!

Daniel
sln-news.info
Old 11-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yes i agree fans should request..but unfortunately no matter how much you request sometimes they still will not play it...it's up to the Program Director
Chris
Old 11-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Not a Good Week for Thrown or Steal

Quote:
Originally posted by SpyNote
This is the week fans should officially be requesting the songs from radio. As for the grassroot campaign, I agree...it's going to take a lot of work to get these songs played, particularly since the album is off the charts and the band isn't even in the country! So every fan that reads and posts to these boards has to put in some effort. That's how the fans of all the junk artists get their songs played... Of course, their fanbase is much larger than ours, and most of them are teenagers who aren't embarrassed to request songs from radio stations.
I would advise everyone to make a request, but PLEASE don't go overboard. I've done work at three local radio stations (nothing special, just behind the scenes work that doesn't pay!) and the more a song is requested, the least likely it is to be played. DJs are assholes and the program directors are moreso, so keep that in mind.

Old 11-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The goal is not for a single person to request the songs several times, but for everyone to request the songs at least once. It's that easy.

Generally speaking, the folks over at AC and Triple A are mellow, down-to-Earth people who actually appreciate listeners who take the time to thoughtfully explain why they want to hear certain songs or artists. Most radio websites have form mail to fill out these comments.

There's no guarantee of Thrown Down or Steal Your Heart Away being a radio hit, but it's a lot more proactive than complaining or doing nothing at all.

Daniel
sln-news.info
Old 11-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want the singles to succeed as much as anyone else, but doesn't it strike anyone else as odd at best _ and absurd at worst _ that WE, the fans, should have to take responsibility for making the songs hits?
Fleetwood Mac is one of the most famous rock bands of all time, and they're signed to a major label. The band and their label should be picking up the slack here: i.e., make videos, schedule more promo appearances, wield their influence with DJs, etc.
Like SmthngOfADreamr said: It's as if we're the only ones who care whether the songs do well. If Mac and their record label won't get behind the product, why should we?
Old 11-16-2003, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I live where Marissa does and I haven't heard this song. Marissa, is it HAWK or WMGK?!

B101 is a great station for new music but they are doing only Christmas. I figure this to be one of the biggest stations in Philly, don't get why they'd do Christmas for a month and a half!

I just hope I hear it once. I have given up on the thought of the MAC having a hit single. They are not touring here anymore and it's out of site out of mind, esp with no video
Old 11-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WMGK...bless Debbi Calton. I haven't heard it on the Hawk yet and The Point isn't playing it. Mix 95.7 might...I haven't heard it on there yet either. So if you call and request it on WMGK and they haven't already played it, they will. B101 and Sunny 104.5 annoy me. I can't deal with all the Christmas music yet.

-Marissa

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
I live where Marissa does and I haven't heard this song. Marissa, is it HAWK or WMGK?!

B101 is a great station for new music but they are doing only Christmas. I figure this to be one of the biggest stations in Philly, don't get why they'd do Christmas for a month and a half!

I just hope I hear it once. I have given up on the thought of the MAC having a hit single. They are not touring here anymore and it's out of site out of mind, esp with no video
Old 11-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Not Good Week!!!

Geewhizz...Fleetwood Mac better cut
back on 737's and all fancy indulgences
and hire a publicist who knows HOW to
promote Say You Will! Warners Stinks!Sky