User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
So what exactly were La Nicks and CM disputing in those articles, as well as others like this one from Hit Parader (1983) - where she is cagey about it
Strandy, you are cruisin' for a bruisin' ... you are trailin' for a flailin' ... you are chuggin' for a muggin' ...

Strandy, with your impeccable logic, your command of rhetoric, & your crack research abilities, I would say that you have won this debate.

But now it's Miller time.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Strandy, you are cruisin' for a bruisin' ... you are trailin' for a flailin' ... you are chuggin' for a muggin' ...

Strandy, with your impeccable logic, your command of rhetoric, & your crack research abilities, I would say that you have won this debate.

But now it's Miller time.

I preferred it when you were slapping the newspaper loudly in your hand to correct the bad act.

Of course, I defer to Miller time any time

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You remember nothing of the sort, strandford. There was no rumor that the band had split in 1983.
I agreed with you on all your points except this one David. In 1983 Stevie did a now famous MTV interview with Mark Goodman. At 3:48 in this interview Stevie says, " I loved being in Fleetwood Mac because it was a Band." And rumor should Always be spelled rumour.And thank you for teaching me how to embed videos.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thanks for posting the article. I enjoyed reading their exchange. Very normal with no unnecessary drama...wish their fans could get to that place as well...they seem very comfortable with each other, buttons and all...
I would like to see that again in 2009 perhaps. If not, well I did get to see one of my other favorite couples come to terms with their differences: After all, Cher gave an excellent eulogy at Sonny's funeral. Guess I can always look forward to that in Macland.

Michele
Old 05-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actualy, La Nicks is mostly correct here. All of the rags at the time indicated FM broke up after Mirage. I mean TITN was five years later and in that time La Nicks released two solo records and did two or three world tours. LB was working on his third record and seemingly had no interest in FM until =, for whatever reason, he deceided to morph his solo record (presumably GOS) into TITN. But, accroding to most of the press and his own opinion later, he did not go willingly and in fact later backed out because the craziness was starting. So, for him to say he was totally committed to FM until he left in 1987 is not that accurate.

And people got all over La Nicks for her "enjoy my celebrity" comment - LB equates himself and his band to a sovereign If La Nicks had said this, she hardly would be given a free pass and instead would be called all kinds of names

I LOVE that she called him honey. I also think the Australians seem to get the best interviews.

Finally, wouldn't you just love to read Stevie's journals in 1987. Thank goodness she wrote it all down so she can reference it when she finally writes that book.
Stevie is full of crap. She was so out of it she wouldn't even remember. Lindsey, John, Mick, and Christine worked on TITN. Stevie came in for a few days sang some subpar songs and was on her way. She had nothing to do with that record IMO. Lindsey deserves the major credit on that one. I love that TITN was FM's second highest selling record because it proves to me that the lineup minus stevie could have succeeded without her.

Just some food for thought.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie is full of crap. She was so out of it she wouldn't even remember. Lindsey, John, Mick, and Christine worked on TITN. Stevie came in for a few days sang some subpar songs and was on her way. She had nothing to do with that record IMO. Lindsey deserves the major credit on that one. I love that TITN was FM's second highest selling record because it proves to me that the lineup minus stevie could have succeeded without her.

I do not think you are responding to my statement, though you quoted it. I do not think I ever said La Nicks deserved any credit for TITN. In fact, I said LB did most of the work on TITN, though I suspect CM had a significant say as did Richard. I simply said that I think La Nicks was somewhat correct in asserting LB had left FM after Mirage, though he came back (begrudgingly?) for TITN (which was his solo record at the beginning) and then officially left

As for TITN being a success without her - that is not really a comparison or conclusion you can correctly draw IMO. She was on the record, albeit in a sub par fashion save for 7W IMO. She has routinely said that LB and the band worked on her songs on the prior records when she was not around, mostly because she does not play an intrument like they do. She also was a far larger "star" (which equated to commercial success which is what you are talking about) than LB or CM (though both IMO have more musical talent) at the time and even now. In the end, FM sells best when it is the five and IMO, the use of the individual talent (via competition perhaps) escalates when the five are together, which results in a better musical product and, somewhat separately, commercial success.

Interestingly, I often wonder what La Nicks was thinking around the TITN sessions. History demostrates that she was not as present for the other records as LB, CM or the rest of the band. Maybe she thought they don't want me there anyway. Who knows. I personally think she would have liked to have been there for all of it but could not because of obligations and the rehab, which she clearly needed. Is that her "fault?" I suppose the answer is yes. But, what was she supposed to do, not put out RAL on the hope that FM (read LB IMO) would get back together and release a record three years later. To me, that is an unreasonable expectation to place on her. I mean LB apparently was going full steam ahead on his solo record, but morphed it into TITN. Are we to fault him for proceeding with a second solo venture since Mirage? True, he morphed it into a FM record, but the reasons he did that IMO are business reasons. Conversely, Wild Heart sold around two or so million records and produced three hit singles ("Stand Back" (Billboard #5), "If Anyone Falls" (#14), and "Nightbird" (#33). So, though I think she would have liked to go back and record with FM, she had no reason to use FM in IMO the way LB did, albeit to brilliant results and success.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-18-2008 at 12:18 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post

Well, then you have the Petty and Dylan tour she went on as well, which took her further away.

Of course, Lindsey needed FM so much that he waited three years after his solo album to work with them again and then decided not even to tour on the group album, although touring is where he would have made most of the money. But thinking about him not touring, that refutes the argument that if Christine recorded she would have to tour (which I suppose needs no refuting, because they all know it's a stupid argument).

Michele
Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 PM
strandinthewind
This message has been deleted by strandinthewind.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would like to see that again in 2009 perhaps. If not, well I did get to see one of my other favorite couples come to terms with their differences: After all, Cher gave an excellent eulogy at Sonny's funeral. Guess I can always look forward to that in Macland.

Michele
OMG...I hope we don't have to wait for a palm tree fatality for their press to change from terms of enderament to settling terms of differences...that would be too depressing. How about we get new publicists? Maybe Sheryl Crow joining is not a bad idea - then they can spout how Sheryl and Lindsey hate each other and clash all the time and Stevie can be the innocent go-between trying to keep the peace. And, they can finally make that Rumours II album...
Old 05-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, then you have the Petty and Dylan tour she went on as well, which took her further away.
Which, incidentally, Stevie did while Fleetwood Mac were recording TANGO, & which, incidentally, had nothing to do with publicity for her own album. Her own people were more than a little confused as to why she took off with Dylan & Petty instead of getting her own tour under way. (She didn't start her own tour until the second week in April, about five months after her album was released.)

I would imagine that the other members of Fleetwood were a little peeved when they found out about that. Strandford, I want you to figure out a way to explain how jetting off to the southern hemisphere was an example of Stevie's "loyalty" to Fleetwood Mac at the time. But hang on -- let me grab a chair & get comfortable.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which, incidentally, Stevie did while Fleetwood Mac were recording TANGO, & which, incidentally, had nothing to do with publicity for her own album. Her own people were more than a little confused as to why she took off with Dylan & Petty instead of getting her own tour under way. (She didn't start her own tour until the second week in April, about five months after her album was released.)

I would imagine that the other members of Fleetwood were a little peeved when they found out about that. Strandford, I want you to figure out a way to explain how jetting off to the southern hemisphere was an example of Stevie's "loyalty" to Fleetwood Mac at the time. But hang on -- let me grab a chair & get comfortable.
I need an exact timeline of events. When exactly did FM (as a unit) go into the studio to start to record TITN as opposed to some of the members lending help as Mick did on WH for La Nicks. When exactly was La Nicks concert booked for RAL. Also, if Mick was so pissed about it, then why was he at the Red Rocks concert?

Then again, I kind of no longer give a shiitte. If you want to think La Nicks had no loyalty to FM, so be it. I am entitled to my opinion and it has been expressed enough. So, unless something new is said, everyone please see this thread and the other threads on this topic.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I need an exact timeline of events. When exactly did FM (as a unit) go into the studio to start to record TITN as opposed to some of the members lending help as Mick did on WH for La Nicks.
They went to Lindsey's house to record TANGO in January 1986. There was no helping-hand situation with regard to TANGO. There was a helping-hand situation in 1985 with regard to Christine McVie's track for the soundtrack for A FINE MESS.

Quote:
When exactly was La Nicks concert booked for RAL.
The tour didn't start until April 1986, five months or more after the release of the album.

Quote:
Also, if Mick was so pissed about it, then why was he at the Red Rocks concert?
Mick played congas at dozens of Stevie's shows on the West Coast, too. That was almost half a year after Stevie's fling Down Under with Petty & Dylan. My strong hunch is that all the others (not just Mick) were a little perturbed with Stevie when she took off in February for no apparent reason other than to have a little fun. Her decision to do that does not indicate loyalty or commitment or professionalism.

Quote:
Then again, I kind of no longer give a shiitte. If you want to think La Nicks had no loyalty to FM, so be it.
Stevie had great loyalty to, love for, & professionalism for Fleetwood Mac throughout much of her association with them.

But not in 1986.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My strong hunch is that all the others (not just Mick) were a little perturbed with Stevie when she took off in February for no apparent reason other than to have a little fun.
And she knew it too. I can recall at least two instances where she brought up how she was pretty sure the band were probably tapping their feet wondering where the heck she was. She sounded rather blase about it, but I'm sure that was an act.

But like I've said before, that was her Escape Trip.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

why would she pass up touring with bob dylan and tom petty? It was a crazy time for all of them, so i dont think she was wrong for doing that. There's not much else to do in the studio for her, and that's what she does best-performing live! just my rambling drunkin thoughts..
Old 05-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her memory is another matter, but we'll get to that later.

oh my how

that kills me
Old 10-16-2017, 05:43 AM

Iain Shedden: music writer, drummer dies at 60

When he interviewed Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham in the early 2000s, things got testy. “The two of them were sitting together on a sofa in a Sydney hotel,” Shedden told The Lismore Echo in 2011. “I knew they had a fiery relationship: the album Rumours was about their breakup. They seemed fine and were chatting away, when Lindsey said something about which month it was when he left the band. Stevie said ‘No, that’s not right’ and it set them off. For 10 minutes, the two of them were hoeing into each other while I waited for it to subside. Eventually she said ‘Sorry, we’d forgotten about you’.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts...f7fa3cdd204907