User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Philadelphia, PA #2 - 10/29 Wells Fargo Center

Hi!

Just checking in to see who else is going to Philly's second show tonight? I went to the first one, but never wrote in about that (yet).

Wonder if I will see any familiar faces?

Can't wait!!!!! Will be my last local show......until perhaps the 2nd leg!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Me

I will be there, & I am know that I'm not a familiar face I will be in the first level, on Christine's side but almost @ the top of that first level. I don't think it'll be that bad though, but I may not be able to see John or Mick except maybe on the big screen. I've been looking forward to this since April. Can't believe it's FINALLy here.

Have fun everyone!

Lee
Old 10-29-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I will be there, & I am know that I'm not a familiar face I will be in the first level, on Christine's side but almost @ the top of that first level. I don't think it'll be that bad though, but I may not be able to see John or Mick except maybe on the big screen. I've been looking forward to this since April. Can't believe it's FINALLy here.

Have fun everyone!

Lee
Hope it's amazing!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Make sure to come back and give us all a detailed review
Old 10-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be there, almost same seats as last time, Christine's side, first level. I'm bringing a friend this time so I'm really excited for him to see them. I don't think he's seen them since the tusk tour! This is my fourth show (so far) but I still get butterflies!!! Will be sure to report back with my findings.

Everyone else going have a great time!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fantastic show! Band seems to be relaxed and settling into the touring groove. Stevie was 100% improved over the last Philly show. SOTM is getting better and better...she really nailed the ending...was totally into it! The Gypsy story is getting longer and longer...but tonight it was spot on and very touching, about realizing your dreams. Lindsey's speech before IKINW is a little different too.

The crowd was far more subdued than the last Philly show, yet seemed very appreciative of the music and the band...in a refined sort of way. Not many bathroom breaks, thankfully.

Will post more later.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got home from the show. Got great pictures and videos from the 4th row center, will post tomorrow. The crowd really sucked. I was on the floor in front row for the first Philly show and the first MSG show, and had way more fun at those ones. Tonight venue security was over the top insane. They policed the aisles keeping them completely clear and I watched them physically grab and move people just for walking up into the aisle to take a picture. Nobody but row 1 was allowed to stand at the stage. Even if you were second or third row, the guard sitting in the aisle would force you back into your seats if you tried to stand or go near the stage. It was very quiet and boring up there. Nothing but one row of very old, seemingly bored people who barely clapped and walked away every few minutes for drinks. There's something to be said for the fans who rush to the stage and the "Lindsey girls" they bring up, even though most of you hate them. When huge fans and young excited people are up there, it's like a totally different show. All the yelling and dancing and interaction make it so much more exciting and special. The bored vibe of tonight really wrecked the show for me. Most of the front floor sections sat down the entire show. I felt like I was at a karaoke bar and nobody even cared about what was going on.
But besides the totally lame crowd and totally nasty security, it was a really good performance and I had a blast.
However I find it ironic that security didn't even do bag checks. It's sad that it would've been easier to sneak in drug or weapons than it was just to get a picture in an aisle. I feel bad for the people like me who spent ridiculous amounts of money for seats in the first few rows just to be yelled at and forced to sit down the whole show.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default concerts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Just got home from the show. Got great pictures and videos from the 4th row center, will post tomorrow. The crowd really sucked ......The bored vibe of tonight really wrecked the show for me. Most of the front floor sections sat down the entire show. I felt like I was at a karaoke bar and nobody even cared about what was going on.
Sounds like a DC crowd. Seriously, I don't know if it's because DC is a political town with so many comp seats and people wanting to be "seen" at the current "big" show in town. I'm in section 119 tomorrow night at Verizon, and I hope the folks around me are into the show.. like you said, it so makes a difference.. or they can kick back and watch me, because I WILL be doing "The Dance." :-) I'll never forget when I had floor seats at the 2003 SYW show, and the people next to me just kept going in and out of the row. When "Landslide" started, some young women said "She is the only one who should sing this song," then she left to get a beer. Just talking as I am getting excited about seeing my favorite band on Halloween. I hope everyone around me tomorrow night is just as excited!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Awesome Show!

No security where I was, just people that didn't stand up. And I couldn't stand because I'd block their view, but I had a good time. I took video & pics & but I was up on the first level. It was kind of quiet up there.

I still couldn't get over the $25 to park! Last time I was there for a ball game, it was $15 I think & it wasn't that long ago. And yeah, with all the stuff going on in the U. S., I was surprised that no one's bag was searched.

The "Sisters of the Moon" T-shirt look cool, (I like the song.), but didn't get it; it looked way small, even the large, so I just got my keychain.

I thought they all sounded really good. You know, you just can't get the whole experience of the show just from YouTube. I mean, when they first come out, & the crickets are going... and then the crowd stands, (not our section), and the clapping. And then you hear that base, John, .... more louder clapping. It is just awesome. Nothing like a live show. I only had like 5 hours sleep & I'm going into work later. Well, you;ll see the videos. Oh & @ the end, Stevie makes a speech & I'm recording & my camera batteries start dying but I got her speech, but didn't get Mick's. But he did say that the Mac is definitely back. He is right!

Oh one other thing, I'm recording GYOW & people get up & leave! Who gets up & leaves during GYOW & especially when I'm recording it, Unbelieveable!

Lee
Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Just got home from the show. Got great pictures and videos from the 4th row center, will post tomorrow. The crowd really sucked. I was on the floor in front row for the first Philly show and the first MSG show, and had way more fun at those ones. Tonight venue security was over the top insane. They policed the aisles keeping them completely clear and I watched them physically grab and move people just for walking up into the aisle to take a picture. Nobody but row 1 was allowed to stand at the stage. Even if you were second or third row, the guard sitting in the aisle would force you back into your seats if you tried to stand or go near the stage. It was very quiet and boring up there. Nothing but one row of very old, seemingly bored people who barely clapped and walked away every few minutes for drinks. There's something to be said for the fans who rush to the stage and the "Lindsey girls" they bring up, even though most of you hate them. When huge fans and young excited people are up there, it's like a totally different show. All the yelling and dancing and interaction make it so much more exciting and special. The bored vibe of tonight really wrecked the show for me. Most of the front floor sections sat down the entire show. I felt like I was at a karaoke bar and nobody even cared about what was going on.
But besides the totally lame crowd and totally nasty security, it was a really good performance and I had a blast.
However I find it ironic that security didn't even do bag checks. It's sad that it would've been easier to sneak in drug or weapons than it was just to get a picture in an aisle. I feel bad for the people like me who spent ridiculous amounts of money for seats in the first few rows just to be yelled at and forced to sit down the whole show.
Thanks for your review. Too bad about security and the people who were in the second row, paid big bucks, and could not even go to the stage. Interesting that people sat down on the floor. In Pittsburgh everyone on the floor stood the entire show and most videos show similar things. I heard Lindsey say that this tour "everyone is standing and that is something that has never happened to us before."
Mac fans are sort of passive so the excitement for this tour is surprising everyone, especially the band.
Glad you had a great time!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw this video of gold dust posted on fb today. It's pretty damn good! I never get tired of the crackhead dance but one of these times she is going to like trip or something.

Last edited by kak125; 10-30-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
No security where I was, just people that didn't stand up. And I couldn't stand because I'd block their view, but I had a good time. I took video & pics & but I was up on the first level. It was kind of quiet up there.

I still couldn't get over the $25 to park! Last time I was there for a ball game, it was $15 I think & it wasn't that long ago. And yeah, with all the stuff going on in the U. S., I was surprised that no one's bag was searched.

The "Sisters of the Moon" T-shirt look cool, (I like the song.), but didn't get it; it looked way small, even the large, so I just got my keychain.

I thought they all sounded really good. You know, you just can't get the whole experience of the show just from YouTube. I mean, when they first come out, & the crickets are going... and then the crowd stands, (not our section), and the clapping. And then you hear that base, John, .... more louder clapping. It is just awesome. Nothing like a live show. I only had like 5 hours sleep & I'm going into work later. Well, you;ll see the videos. Oh & @ the end, Stevie makes a speech & I'm recording & my camera batteries start dying but I got her speech, but didn't get Mick's. But he did say that the Mac is definitely back. He is right!

Oh one other thing, I'm recording GYOW & people get up & leave! Who gets up & leaves during GYOW & especially when I'm recording it, Unbelieveable!

Lee
yeah a couple sitting in front of me left around 3/4 of the way through the show. Bizarre. The crowd was definitely way more chill than two weeks ago. A lot of folks were sitting the entire time, even GYOW didn't get them up.

John was sporting black converse sneakers. Are these new? Don't remember him wearing them before. They looked very cool.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
yeah a couple sitting in front of me left around 3/4 of the way through the show. Bizarre. The crowd was definitely way more chill than two weeks ago. A lot of folks were sitting the entire time, even GYOW didn't get them up.

John was sporting black converse sneakers. Are these new? Don't remember him wearing them before. They looked very cool.
The shoes are new or newish-I noticed those in a recent video and like the look.

Sorry about the crowd and sitters...shocked gyow didn't rally them.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I was in the third row for the Unleashed Tour & I really miss it & not just for the closeness, but for the crowd. They are more into it, thought it sounds like security was not as nice as the last time that I was there.

Yes, I noticed John's sneaks & I even commented to my husband about the Converse sneaks because we both had Converse sneaks growing up, even me being a girl. They were orange though, not black.

I really noticed John's bass sound more this time, don't know why, maybe because of his illness.

Noticed Lindsey being really close to Chris, just hugging her more than Stevie. Maybe because he really appreciates her being back.

Lee
Old 10-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tonight venue security was over the top insane. They policed the aisles keeping them completely clear and I watched them physically grab and move people just for walking up into the aisle to take a picture. Nobody but row 1 was allowed to stand at the stage. Even if you were second or third row, the guard sitting in the aisle would force you back into your seats if you tried to stand or go near the stage.
I wonder what the directions the venue gets from FM about this are. It definitely seems to have changed from Unleashed. I mean, even though some venues are more lenient than others, it sounds like security at the stage is tighter all the way around this tour, as compared to last.

I like the venues with a high stage. That way, even if people are standing in front of you, they aren't high enough to block your view of the band. That works out really nicely. Michele