The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

One more thing: near the show's end...did I catch Lindsey take a towel, wipe his face with it while looking at someone, and then give it to them!?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He gives out his sweat towels all the time.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey has vision problems too and has worn contacts for ages to counter them. Stevie seems to make eye contact. I don't know if she wears contacts too, but I think she can see the front rows. Like when someone threw a cap onto the stage once. I watched her follow the projectory of that cap with her eyes, flying from the audience, until it landed.

Michele
yes, i think Stevie can definitely see what she wants to see. noticed that in Philly. i may be imagining it, but have some reasons to believe she gave me and several others some inquisitive looks, several times

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
More than 45 years into a sometimes-tumultuous history marked by personnel changes and intra-band breakups and makeups, Fleetwood Mac has recast itself as more of an alternative band than, well, the album-rock juggernaut that so many bands were rebelling against in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers plan to release an EP – yes, not a full album – later this week, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham said last night on stage at Madison Square Garden. It will feature a new song “Sad Angel,” which is anything but sad, as it plays up the bounciness of the mighty Mac rhythm section of drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie and guitarwork that would be at home on an R.E.M. record. “Have you been conquered by the war?” ask Buckingham and Stevie Nicks in their trademark harmonies, while Buckingham pogos in place.
oh, LB would love to see this, i'm sure!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh, LB would love to see this, i'm sure!!
And I know a certain overseas fan that ate that part of the review. Yummy.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default First FM concert!

So last night at MSG was my first FM concert ever. I previously saw Stevie with Rod at MSG and one of her solo on the In your Dreams tour.

They came out at around 8:30 and you could feel the energy in the room when they started Secondhand news.

Chain was awesome, my only complaint is that I feel Lyndsey delayed his dynamic entry after John's bass part. After John's part he seems to toy around for a few too many seconds before getting right into it. It sort of screwed up the tempo for me.

Sad Angel was great, it was received well by the crowd but nothing amazing.

Not That Funny was cool. Lyndsey was loudest on this song, almost seemed like he was swallowing the mic.

Sisters was Epic. She took more risks towards the end of the song than she did in Ohio or Philly (from what I could tell from youtube clips). I would say a mini version of the crazy head shaking from the Mirage tour.

Sara was beautiful.

I was sitting side stage and it was nice to see Brett tuggle interacting with people shouting his name.

When Stevie and Lyndsey did their little bonding about angels and war it was funny because it seemed like Stevie initiated the convo, lLyndsey got close and cute and then Stevie was like Ok, go back to your place (or spot)

I know a lot of people dont like Stand Back being in the set, but it got people up and dancing. The crowd definitely loved it. That's why they keep it in the set tour after tour.

GYOW was awesome. Stevie looks great with her hat on.

Without You is sounding more and more like the demo youtube version which I love so much. After I saw the Columbus video, I was a bit turned off but they made it work nicely last night.

The encores were nice. Stevie did a great job on Silver Springs. Say goodbye is an interesting choice for the closer. I am OK with it as Stevie's harmonizing was just beautiful and made the song. However, there were some annoying drunks yelling about the song choice and wanting them to sing Leather and lace or Stop dragging my heart around LOL

The Top 4 highlights of the night:

Sara (like I said just beautiful)
Gypsy (her twirls were great, definitely more than usual)
Gold Dust Woman (Best performance of the night in my opinion)
So Afraid (Lyndsey's long guitar solo on this was just sick)

I will be seeing them April 24th in Newark, NJ! However, I will be sitting in the rafters this time around. And then who knows? Maybe I'll do Jones Beach in June??

Time will tell.

By the way, I've been reading these threads for over a year and this is my first post ever.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, i think Stevie can definitely see what she wants to see. noticed that in Philly. i may be imagining it, but have some reasons to believe she gave me and several others some inquisitive looks, several times
you walk a thin line, Elle!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
He gives out his sweat towels all the time.
That sounds um, nasty. But I'm sure some fans go crazy over it!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Killer reviews and photos, y'all. Thank you!
The tour DOES sound like it's getting better! And it was already pretty darn good.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
That sounds um, nasty. But I'm sure some fans go crazy over it!
Yes, some fans really love to get them
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Yes, some fans really love to get them
Lindsey threw one at me in Irvine once and this rabid chick-beast ripped it outta my hands. I was like, Jesus, ok - take it!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The New York Times Review

Doesn't say much, but a nice review from the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/ar...ref=music&_r=0
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE how they described Gold Dust Woman. "From sullen calm to bluesy ferocity; even the cowbell sounded meaner."

I enjoyed reading this review a lot! Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Thanks dontlookdown]

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/ar...ef=music&_r=1&

New York Times, By JON PARELES Published: April 9, 2013

Old Songs and Regret, the Anger Still Fresh

Fleetwood Mac at Madison Square Garden

The kid gloves were off when Fleetwood Mac performed its old songs at Madison Square Garden on Monday night. “Damn your love! Damn your lies!” Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks sang, bitter and enraged, in “The Chain,” from Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 album, “Rumours,” which has sold 19 million copies in the United States and was reissued in an expanded version this year.

One factor in the blockbuster success of “Rumours” is that it sounds much prettier than what the songs say. The lyrics are full of heartbreak and recriminations, reflecting the breakup between Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks and the failing marriages of Fleetwood Mac’s drummer, Mick Fleetwood, and bassist, John McVie (whose wife, Christine McVie, was also in the band). Yet the music was full of glossy guitar lines and companionable harmonies; it was radio-friendly California soft-rock.

The band didn’t ignore nostalgia. Between songs, Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks talked about what the lyrics meant, then and now. Ms. Nicks, as always, wore glittery shawls and had many ribbons dangling from her tambourine; at one point she wore a top hat. Mr. Fleetwood, when he stepped from behind the drums, was wearing jodhpur-like cropped pants and dangling spheres, as on the “Rumours” album cover. (The band’s North American tour runs through the summer, stopping at the Prudential Center in Newark on April 24.)

Three decades later, the surfaces are rougher, the passions less restrained. It’s not just that Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks both show wear in their voices: Mr. Buckingham taking on more rasp and bite, Ms. Nicks rationing her high notes. The absence of Ms. McVie, who retired from touring with Fleetwood Mac in 1998, has also shifted the band’s chemistry, since her alto voice offered some solace and her songs — like “Don’t Stop,” part of Monday’s set — provided some cautious optimism.

But Fleetwood Mac also sharpened other components of the songs. It started many of them with Mr. Fleetwood alone on drums, setting out the beat to reveal the music’s pounding, aggressive underpinnings. Mr. Buckingham’s guitar parts — fast, complex perpetual-motion patterns of thumb and fingers — pelted harder, more percussively, than they did in studio album mixes.

The band has reshaped some of its songs too: adding a slow introduction to “Tusk” that brought out its bitter verse — “Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?/Why don’t you tell me who’s on the phone?” — and shifting “Gold Dust Woman” from sullen calm to bluesy ferocity; even its cowbell sounded meaner. “I’m So Afraid” greatly expanded its lead-guitar coda until Mr. Buckingham was pummeling the fretboard with both hands.

Mr. Buckingham said that Fleetwood Mac had recorded new songs in the studio and would soon be releasing an EP, via its Web site; it played one of them, the countryish “Sad Angel,” with lyrics hinting at end-times revelations.

Yet what continues to stir Fleetwood Mac, it seems, is the Buckingham-Nicks romance, which ended after the duo joined Fleetwood Mac at the end of 1974. The band resurrected one of the pair’s songs from the 1970s, “Without You.” It’s a fond song that Ms. Nicks wrote for Mr. Buckingham when, she said, “We were really young and beautiful and in love,” and was lately rediscovered as a demo recording that had been posted to YouTube. And to end the concert, the two were onstage alone, singing “Say Goodbye” from Fleetwood Mac’s 2003 album, “Say You Will.” As his fingers flew through one more virtuosic picking pattern, Mr. Buckingham sang, “Once you said goodbye to me/Now I say goodbye to you.” But they were still together onstage.

Fleetwood Mac’s North American tour continues through July 6; a schedule is at fleetwoodmac.com.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, the EP is going to be released through www.fleetwoodmac.com? Hmmm.

Michele