User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default My Madison/Champaign birthday experiences! Part 1

Yes, I have to divide this up into sections. I am so tired! Here is what I have so far:

Ok I guess when I found out that we were being served Wheat Thins on the plane from Providence to Chicago I knew that it was
going to be a great trip.
I arrived Friday night and just keep to myself and waited until the next day to meet Alex at the airport. saturday comes and
I go to meet Alex and we head for the car rental place which was quite funny. Alex helped me picked out a silver car which
was nice. He picked it because it had a CD player.
We head out for out trip to Madison. We were tipped off as to where the band was staying We decide to head to our hotel and

then head to their hotel ASAP!We get to Madison and head to the hotel and Alex and I sit in the restaurant and look at a
menu. Alex takes a walk and then kind of calls me but I am too busy looking at the menu. I was not feeling very well the
entire trip and that was not good. I look up and see John Mc Vie walking in the lobby with a few other people. I stare at the
menu again while hoping that I see Lindsey but no sign of him.

I am very stressed out on Saturday about many things! However today was my birthday and I should be happy but I wasn't. I had bought the Platinum package as a b-day present to myself. I had to be at the venue at 5PM.

That did not give me much time to
get ready. Poor Alex had to leave early with me even though he did not have a platinum package. Just one more thing to add to
my stress!

Ok I get to the venue at 4:59 and call the tour guide to say that I am on my way. We wait outside and Mick Fleetwood's limo
pulls up. He steps out and says hello to all of us shacking hands. That was nice of him.
OK they show us backstage which not too exciting but I did find out that they film every show.
Just what they do with them
is a mystery however.
We are lead on to the stage which was the best part! Taku and Brett were already there warming up!
I went over to Lindsey's mic and look at his foot pedals. I know I need help. I looked out at the seats just to see what he
sees up there. Of course he is taller then me so he can see more. LOL We had our photos taken in front of Mick's drum set but
I did not care I wanted to take a photo of LB's set up. We were not allowed to take photos.

We are now ecsorted to the other end of the floor. Mick and Lindsey are now on stage! However all I see are dots casue I
can't see far too well. Then about 5 minutes later Stevie comes up on stage with curlers on top of her head! We are now told
we have to leave. Bummer! We are now brought outside where we get our already signed tour books. No big deal.

I head up to the car to meet Alex, Jan and Christie. We chat for a while and they find out I have a copy of the set list that
was given to us. Well it speads all over the net like wild fire. So boys and girls it was me who was responsible for the set
list info on Saturday.

I wait outside while takling to a few nice fans. I am SO nervous about so many things that I am pacing back and forth.

Finally the doors open up and I get in with my digital camera! Yea one hurdle down! I head to my front row seat which is way
off to the side. I start to claim my spot in front of Mr. Buckingham! It was nice I had the stage as a shelf to put my purse
and camera. Nobody told us to sit which was great the spot in front of Lindsey was mine! I did not move at all from there!

Yes another hurdle down! I felt better! A bunch of fans from different boards stopped to say 'hi' and to wish me a happy
birthday! That was so nice of them! I felt so special! That made my night and I was feeling better already!

The time seemed to go by fast and then the lights went down! My heart was pounding with excitement! It was so long since I
had seen them. I was roaring as the Mac took stage.

As they played the Chain I was fooling around with my new digital camera. I had no idea really how to work it. I was trying
hard to remember the directions. It sounded the same as it did last year.

Next was Dreams even though this was the song that made me fall in love with Stevie I could skip it in concert.

Next was I Know I'm Not Wrong. A nice change because it is a fun song. It got me moving. Peacekeper and SHN were next.
Nothing really different.

Destiny Rules WOOHOO!!! I loved it! This is one of my favorite songs on SYW. It was great to hear it done live.

NGBA I got some nice shots of Lindsey!

Rhiannon still rocks.

COME!! OMG Lindsey starts to sing it and then he points at ME!! I was the COME girl! I was so happy! I thought that he would
point at another female next but NO he was focused on me. He sang the song to me and I was so thrilled because it was my
birthday and I could not think of a better present! It was almost as if he knew it. But he did not yet.

Part 2 tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

oooo how exciting.... Stop it.. it hurts..lol

You cant end your post with... "It was almost as if he knew it. But he did not yet."

Too cruel!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
WHAT A FABULOUS B/DAY PRESENT, you must of been so happy when you saw the date for the first show!!! Now im getting excited just thinking of it! LOL
Old 05-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis_no1
oooo how exciting.... Stop it.. it hurts..lol

You cant end your post with... "It was almost as if he knew it. But he did not yet."

Too cruel!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
WHAT A FABULOUS B/DAY PRESENT, you must of been so happy when you saw the date for the first show!!! Now im getting excited just thinking of it! LOL

Yes Janis I was flipping out when I found out it was on my birthday. I HAD to be front row!

Cruel, me? No, just want to keep you coming back. LOL
Old 05-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exciting stuff Pattie! Looking forward to hearing more!

Pip
Old 05-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok I am not going to go through the set list for various reasons. I will just say that Sara was a highlight. Stevie had on a red cape and big drop earings. I have some photos posted on the Ledge. I snapped some nice ones when she went over to LB's mic.

During one of the songs LB had guitar problems that Ray had to fix. While waiting LB and SN improvise. LB did some sit ups and push-ups to which SN proclaimed "I didn't know he could do that".

The rest of the show was great. OK after GYOW I let Lindsey know it was my birthday and I asked a favor. He was very happy when he found out! Well, after WT I believe it was he threw the white towel at me. I was kind of slow and did not realize it at first. A fellow Ledgie kind of caught it with her left hand and said that it was mine cause it was my b-day. I was so happy that I met a nice person! Some mean person might have tried to take it from me and me being so slow they would have!

Ok after the last song LB came over to me so I could receive that favor. Well, he came down to the ledge where he comes down for GYOW. He signed a few autographs but he made sure that he came right over to me. He looked in my eyes and I made zero effort to reach up to him. He was squatting down as much as he could and he could only reach my forhead. OK I got a kiss there! It all happened so fast that I don't remember.

Ok now it was time to leave and I said bye to a few friends and some new people. Alex and I try to decide if we should go to eat at IHOP or try and go back to the hotel that we know they were at earlier.
I decide that we are going to try the hotel. IHOP can always wait.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

OK I head for the hotel with Alex. It is pouring and lightning out. I go to pull into the hotel garage but there is a limo with the doors open blocking my way. I have a bit of a temper and I was not too happy. I was letting out some choice words. Then while I am ranting I then realize that the limo is from the same company as the ones that pulled up to the back of the arena. It is a band member I say to Alex but just who?

About a minute later guess who gets out? LINDSEY! OMG I get so excited I hit the gas! Yep I almost run over Lindsey. Ahh Rhode Island drivers. OK so Lindsey was not really in my way lucky for him. Alex and I yell out something but he does not really hear it. He is now in the lobby. I go to park the car ASAP.

Ok Alex and I head for the bar and try to find a nice place to sit down. No sign of any band members. So we wait . I see Neal come down at sit at the bar and I tell Alex but he doesn't think it's him. It was.
Then we see, Brett, Taku and a few others come down. Alex goes to take a walk in the lobby. He is gone about 5 minutes and then I see coming in Mick. Alex has a big smile on his face and tells me that he had a photo taken with Mick. That kid works fast!

Maybe a half hour later Ms. Sharon Celani heads to the bar. Alex asks for a photo with her so I take one. I then ask her for a photo together and Alex takes one with my digital. I thank Sharon and then look at my camera to see the photo. It is not there! I was not too happy! I don't know if my card was filled or what.

We wait and then I see a short blonde. I get up and tell Alex I am going for a walk. OK it is STEVIE at the elevators. She is holding her dog and there are a few people with her and security is there and says something to me. I ingore him totally! She gets in the elevator and I make eye contact and tell her great show and thanks for making my birthday so special. She is very gracious and says thank you.
OK my birthday was made complete! I still waited around for Lindsey to show up but he never did.

Alex and I head back to our hotel in the pouring rain to rest up for our big drive to Champaign the next day
Old 05-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG - P - I cannot I was so exhausted after the concert I just went to bed. I shoulda gone to the bar!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-14-2004, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
OMG - P - I cannot I was so exhausted after the concert I just went to bed. I shoulda gone to the bar!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey now you had your DINNER already!
Old 05-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Hehehe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I stare at the
menu again while hoping that I see Lindsey but no sign of him.
You was hoping to order Lindsey from the menu???

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-14-2004, 08:24 AM

Dude, why all the stress? Sounds like a decent time to me.

Also, did you just coin the term "Come Girl?"
Old 05-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Dude, why all the stress? Sounds like a decent time to me.

Also, did you just coin the term "Come Girl?"
These crazy women ( ) have been using it since the Fall

Old 05-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK I head for the hotel with Alex. It is pouring and lightning out. I go to pull into the hotel garage but there is a limo with the doors open blocking my way. I have a bit of a temper and I was not too happy. I was letting out some choice words. Then while I am ranting I then realize that the limo is from the same company as the ones that pulled up to the back of the arena. It is a band member I say to Alex but just who?

About a minute later guess who gets out? LINDSEY! OMG I get so excited I hit the gas! Yep I almost run over Lindsey. Ahh Rhode Island drivers. OK so Lindsey was not really in my way lucky for him. Alex and I yell out something but he does not really hear it. He is now in the lobby. I go to park the car ASAP.

Ok Alex and I head for the bar and try to find a nice place to sit down. No sign of any band members. So we wait . I see Neal come down at sit at the bar and I tell Alex but he doesn't think it's him. It was.
Then we see, Brett, Taku and a few others come down. Alex goes to take a walk in the lobby. He is gone about 5 minutes and then I see coming in Mick. Alex has a big smile on his face and tells me that he had a photo taken with Mick. That kid works fast!

Maybe a half hour later Ms. Sharon Celani heads to the bar. Alex asks for a photo with her so I take one. I then ask her for a photo together and Alex takes one with my digital. I thank Sharon and then look at my camera to see the photo. It is not there! I was not too happy! I don't know if my card was filled or what.

We wait and then I see a short blonde. I get up and tell Alex I am going for a walk. OK it is STEVIE at the elevators. She is holding her dog and there are a few people with her and security is there and says something to me. I ingore him totally! She gets in the elevator and I make eye contact and tell her great show and thanks for making my birthday so special. She is very gracious and says thank you.
OK my birthday was made complete! I still waited around for Lindsey to show up but he never did.

Alex and I head back to our hotel in the pouring rain to rest up for our big drive to Champaign the next day
Good memories Pattie!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
These crazy women ( ) have been using it since the Fall
Being a 'come' girl is quite an experience!

Pip
Old 05-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay - so it is time for my Madison embarrassing Come story

Right before Come starts, I setermine I MUST have a Diet Coke - so I go to leave and the guy behind me who I had been chatting with about the setlist goes "you do not like the next song?" I responded AND I QUOTE "No - I just love Come - but would rather a Diet Coke right now" Ba boom ba boom!!!!!!!

He and his wife just sort of stared at me LOL

It took me about three seconds to realize what I had said and then

Old 05-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ok I guess when I found out that we were being served Wheat Thins on the plane from Providence to Chicago I knew that it was
going to be a great trip.

I know those moments in life...