The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bad Mac experience in Green Bay...

I have to say, I had such an extraordinary experience in Madison, that I foolishly thought that Green Bay would be of the same calibur. While the music was great at the show, I have to say that the crowd at Green Bay was the worst I've ever seen! You can't call yourself a fan if you don't know the songs (other than Rumours)! I had to sit down more than I stood because the morons in the crowd didn't know the songs and I had to sit down during my favorite, Beautiful Child, because otherwise I get things thrown at me (yep, that's right!) I makes me so mad!!! The replacement of Don't Let Me Down Again with Goodbye Baby also upset me! I wanted my friend to hear it because it's one of my favorite songs. I also seriously injured my foot at the show somehow and now it hurts when I walk...If I ever go to another show, it'll be front row or nothing because then I can enjoy everything and not worry about flying objects
Old 05-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry That bites!!

Sorry to hear about your foot and horrible audience (not fans) experience.

This is one reason that today I feel like first few rows or NOTHING because people look at you like you are an alien (*ahem* Dallas) if you scream and jump up and down. You can't enjoy the show unless you can do what you feel, within reason, of course. Those lamos need to be up in the upper balcony if they wanna sit and be bored.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Man...

that sucks major league ass that fans seem to only stand when the ol' Rumour songs are played (Hope ya didnt hurt yer foot too badly, I am STILL suffering pain from my fracture from last February)...

FM should've played OKC instead of Green Bay (Hehehehe!!!) because the fans were hella appreciative of ANY of the songs (Even for Mick's slobber-fest drum solo during "World Turning"!!!) and stood throughout the night, Unlike those darn SPOILED Texans in Dallas

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-14-2004, 04:32 PM

Princess, I know exactly what you mean.

I went to a Rush concert on a Friday night in San Fran and the crowd was standing the whole time. There was an energy in the air that was intoxicating! And it's all on the fans to pump up the band and vice versa!

Bummer..
Old 05-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That really sucks! I've never had too many problems with people, other than one woman behind me at the Buffalo show who tapped my arm & said "Could you sit down?" I looked at her, smiled and calmly said "Sorry, no."

It's just really ****ty that THAT's the main thing you'll remember about the GB show. Maybe you'll have to go to another show to make up for it

Paula
Old 05-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only show I went was at TD tour, Thanksgiving 1997. Madison Sq.G., NYC.
People near me were very lazy, so it was hard to me to stand up. Though a group of girls few lines ahead were really enjoying, they danced a lot specially during Gypsy. But MSG crew asked them to sit down, it was kind of forbidden to stand up or dance.

It was my first and only concert I have been, I enjoyed anyway.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:19 PM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac "fans" are notorious for being assholes, if you enjoy the concert to any degree..they assume that everyone should sit down, shut up, and listen to them blabber about their friend who came over...

That's why I put "FANS" instead of FANS

Losers

All you can do is hope you get lucky and get with a good group in the crowd

Chris
Old 05-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see how people get so worked up over thwe crowd, look that's measure of how good the concert was, how good the crowd was. I've never gave a rats ass about how the crowd was, if the band is rocking that's all that matters. I don't care if Suzie and John from row 14 are rocking or if Hoimer and Marge Simpsong up in the higher levels are rocking, I just care if Stevie and Lindsey and John and Mick are rocking up in front of the first row.

He Will Burn You Down

Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-14-2004 at 09:15 PM..
Old 05-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This happened at one of the UK shows when I was front row but not directly in front of Stevie's mic. Only a few seats along tho. So I positioned myself in fron of the mic and was tapped on the shoulder by a bloke who pointed out this was his area, that he planned to sit and watch the show and that no-one would be allowed to stand in front. We had a few words and I tried to point out the bands request about people standing and then I begrudgingly moved along a little. They tried to get security to get us to sit (everyone was standing by now) but security knew that the band wanted people to stand. This poor sap from security almost pleaded with me to stand in front of my own seat and I said I would if he removed the other people that were there. Not a chance! Everyone was standing apart from around 6 people who kicked and poked anyone who stood in front of them. Unbelievable. This area in front of Stevie's mic remained empty until virtually the end.

Pip