Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Funny moment on "The Dance" Video

I was watching the Dance tonight and during I'm So Afraid, I saw the funniest little moment. Like five or six minutes into the song and Mick and Lindsey are crazy and wild and powerful, Stevie is like so bored! The camera focuses on Christine and in the background you can see Stevie lazily banging her tamberine with this look on her face like "Is it time for MY song yet?" I just thought it was so funny! She like rolls her eyes while banging her tambo to the beat of Mick's drum! It is so funny! Someone watch it and tell me if I am making this up. On the dvd it is twenty-six minutes and fifteen seconds into the show.

Has anyone else caught some funny moments on this video?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Ledgie

Default Everywhere

Well, ACTUALLY, I happen to be watching The Dance right now. lol! And it happens to be on Everywhere. I think it's hilarious before the second chorus, Stevie's back there in her own little world shaking her tambourine and forgets to come up to the mic for the chorus, and she has to run up there. She looks so funny running up there with those boots on. And she looks like she's about to laugh. I think it's so cute!

By the way, I'm new!
Old 05-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm...I'll have to check that out...I love quirky little things like that...they're so fun to watch...
Old 05-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie goes off in her own little world a lot and forgets it's time to sing. The funniest thing is, for the most part, she always makes it to the mic at exactly the right moment. It's SO close you think she's definitely not making it back in time, but about 80% of the time it's dead on the moment. Keeping with The Dance, a specific moment is on The Chain right before "Chai, ai, ain, keep us together!" She's so funny sometimes.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't know exactly when it comes on, but during Lindsey's "My Little Demon" speech, the camera cuts over to Chris and Stevie. Stevie's in the background and she has this really "I'm going to kill him" look in her eyes. And she's pacing back and forth. My mom noticed it and had to point it out to me. It amuses me. :P

edit: I just checked, and it's right after he says "...learn from your mistakes" at 1hr 26sec.

Last edited by DeadliestPoison; 05-10-2004 at 12:07 AM..
Old 05-10-2004, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

DeadliestPoison, I love your screen name!! I must steal that for another site hahaha. Just kidding.

I haven't watched the Dance in ages. I am giving it a break. I wore straight through the vcr tape but the dvd hasn't even been touched. I should look into everyone's observations

Old 05-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default also

Also, does anyone know who Stevie does that shakey finger to? its about near the begining ish of the Chain, she looks so cool when she does it lo

xx
Old 05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnona Call
Also, does anyone know who Stevie does that shakey finger to? its about near the begining ish of the Chain, she looks so cool when she does it lo

xx
I think that that's just a play on line "Never break the chain (you bad boy)..."
Old 05-13-2004, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Sorcerer386]Stevie goes off in her own little world a lot and forgets it's time to sing. The funniest thing is, for the most part, she always makes it to the mic at exactly the right moment. It's SO close you think she's definitely not making it back in time, but about 80% of the time it's dead on the moment. QUOTE]

Though overdubs seem to do wonders dont they!!

I only just found this out last month, that the dance was overdubbed, which is obvious at the intro to Rhiannon.. "and he says rhiannon,, DONT GO" at this bit she flicks her head back around and the sound and visual dont add up... Really disappointing to me to know that the new dvd coming out it just overdubbed, to me whats the point.... GGRRR im getting angry just typing about it!! lol
Old 05-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hey there Jayne - haven't seen you on here for a while; glad you're still around.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JOE HI, no i haven't lost myself ...lol

I've jsut been really super busy at work... damn accountants! And i only use the internet at work so i've been stuck!

You remember me.. im so touched!!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Janis_no1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer386
Stevie goes off in her own little world a lot and forgets it's time to sing. The funniest thing is, for the most part, she always makes it to the mic at exactly the right moment. It's SO close you think she's definitely not making it back in time, but about 80% of the time it's dead on the moment. QUOTE]

Though overdubs seem to do wonders dont they!!

I only just found this out last month, that the dance was overdubbed, which is obvious at the intro to Rhiannon.. "and he says rhiannon,, DONT GO" at this bit she flicks her head back around and the sound and visual dont add up... Really disappointing to me to know that the new dvd coming out it just overdubbed, to me whats the point.... GGRRR im getting angry just typing about it!! lol
AND Stevie leaves the mic. in the last "RIIGGGHHHHTTTTTT" in BTLH

Not only that - but I think it is hysterical how Stevie Tambourine ribbons myteriously change colors a few times in many songs. I mean if they knew they were going to use footage from the three nights, couldn't the script supervisor have made sure Stevie played the same one every night. And, like other FM shows that were videotaped, some of the far shots are not of the same song. But, all in all, I forgive them for these flubs because it is a great concert

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Temporary One

My favorite "funny" moment from the Dance DVD is right when "Temporary One" starts. You can see Stevie coming onstage at the last second and Lindsey sort of chases after her with his guitar like "Hurry, hurry...! Get over to your mic!" It's pretty funny. reminds me of how he chased her around during Tusk on this last tour.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
My favorite "funny" moment from the Dance DVD is right when "Temporary One" starts. You can see Stevie coming onstage at the last second and Lindsey sort of chases after her with his guitar like "Hurry, hurry...! Get over to your mic!" It's pretty funny. reminds me of how he chased her around during Tusk on this last tour.
Hee Heeee - and he is still chasing her 20 or so years later - does anyone else see that irony

save the cheerleader - save the world