Old 04-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
She's almost 71. She will retire soon.
She just said that she is not planning on going anywhere until at least 80

Old 04-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Courtesy of Kak125 and posted in the thread about the RRHOF on the Stevie side. It addresses a forgotten thank you a few people wondered about in a couple of the posts above:

Just saw this posted on Stevie’s fb page

Last Friday I was very honored to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I decided to speak from my heart and not from a teleprompter, and in my excitement I forgot to thank one of my best friends since 1971. My partner in crime, my musical director and lead guitarist, Waddy Wachtel. Waddy, you mean the world to me! #rockhall2019 #waddywachtel
Old 04-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there were several people she forgot to thank.

I am very surprised she didn't thank the fans who stuck by her thru the bad days. Writing a speech would have been a very good idea. How hard is it to thank the people who have helped you in your solo career? She talked only about Fleetwood Mac and the start of Bella Donna.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post

Did she thank her grandpa?

I listened to her speech once (and that was enough).
I just can't remember if she mentioned him.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post

I am very surprised she didn't thank the fans who stuck by her thru the bad days. Writing a speech would have been a very good idea. How hard is it to thank the people who have helped you in your solo career? She talked only about Fleetwood Mac and the start of Bella Donna.
If she had spoken from her heart, she wouldn't have forgotten about Waddy and many people linked to her solo career. She lost a great opportunity because she can't let it go. She used her solo induction speech as a way to rub Lindsey in his face (once again) that she won and he lost. And she will continue doing it again and again.

She should "move on", right?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Like perhaps the next realm.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Like perhaps the next realm.
ain't happening anytime soon..she will be the last to leave..the last to be gone

Old 04-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
ain't happening anytime soon..she will be the last to leave..the last to be gone
I know. It is true, that only the good die young. Old hag is gonna outlive all of us!
Old 04-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Courtesy of Kak125 and posted in the thread about the RRHOF on the Stevie side. It addresses a forgotten thank you a few people wondered about in a couple of the posts above:

Just saw this posted on Stevie’s fb page

Last Friday I was very honored to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I decided to speak from my heart and not from a teleprompter, and in my excitement I forgot to thank one of my best friends since 1971. My partner in crime, my musical director and lead guitarist, Waddy Wachtel. Waddy, you mean the world to me! #rockhall2019 #waddywachtel
Thanks for the update. I’m glad the omission was addressed and, to some degree, corrected.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She lost a great opportunity because she can't let it go. She used her solo induction speech as a way to rub Lindsey in his face (once again) that she won and he lost. And she will continue doing it again and again.

maybe if the band and Stevie would have moved on and stopped trashing Lindsey, the hordes of their disappointed fans would finally be able to move on too.

and maybe then we would stop having trolls derailing every thread by their negativity and commanding others to "move on" like nothing is happening.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe if the band and Stevie would have moved on and stopped trashing Lindsey, the hordes of their disappointed fans would finally be able to move on too.

and maybe then we would stop having trolls derailing every thread by their negativity and commanding others to "move on" like nothing is happening.
Hordes of fans are disappointed? As opposed to the hundreds of thousands paying top dollar to see the new band! One of whom is the first woman inducted twice into the RRHOF!

While on the topic of trolls, what are we doing about those who pop up in every thread to about "hag," or "goat," or, a favorite here which is untouched by monitors, "twat?"
Old 04-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
"twat?"
FOR the record, the whole reason I used that word is that there was a band playing at a bar I go to, called "So and so and the Twat Biscuits". It was on posters everywhere, on Facebook in multiple posts(with no one bitching about it), so perhaps you're being a bit hypersensitive here. I laughed and laughed when I saw it, and told my band that I was renaming us The Twat Biscuits!

Life is short. Lighten up.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Life is short. Lighten up.
Or maybe move on?

If I were them I'd be enjoying that so deserving double! triple! quadruple! induction. And I'd stop worrying about those nasty Buckaroos.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Hordes of fans are disappointed? As opposed to the hundreds of thousands paying top dollar to see the new band! One of whom is the first woman inducted twice into the RRHOF!
you and i probably agree on way more than we disagree - you are a very smart woman, and know exactly what i'm saying. fans do not equal general audiences. and those general audiences paid for the legendary band singalongs, not to see the "new band" - they can't care less who is in the band.

now many chiffs who normally don't go see FM and always hated LB, fueled by Stevie's constant bashing of him over decades, did go see "the new band" - that's true. fans of the band are different than fans of a single member of the band.

btw did you join those "hundreds of thousands paying top dollar"?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you and i probably agree on way more than we disagree - you are a very smart woman, and know exactly what i'm saying. fans do not equal general audiences. and those general audiences paid for the legendary band singalongs, not to see the "new band" - they can't care less who is in the band.

now many chiffs who normally don't go see FM and always hated LB, fueled by Stevie's constant bashing of him over decades, did go see "the new band" - that's true. fans of the band are different than fans of a single member of the band.

btw did you join those "hundreds of thousands paying top dollar"?
They do care who is in the band, they go to see Stevie.

I am not a chiff, I clearly see Stevie's narcissistic personality disorder which has been on full display for decades. But it is entertaining nonetheless.

I do not hate Lindsey, I am just totally indifferent to him and do not miss him.

Going to see the band this weekend. Not so much for singalongs, and for the record my last FM concert was Unleashed, I got really bored thereafter even with Chris's return.

I am not a woman. I am intelligent, you are right.