The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interviewer asks her when she returned to FM, "what did you miss?" all the years she was gone.

"Apparently not much, I'm told," she says, then looks at someone off camera. "I know that Stevie and Lindsey were fighting like cat and dog the whole time. It was in actual fact the Buckingham Nicks show backed with Mick and John. They were tearing each other limb from limb I believe"
Old 09-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Footage of her surprise appearance with them

Stevie "It was great to have her back. It's that feminine thing. When you're the one girl it's a boys club. And for me that was not fun"
Old 09-20-2019, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Went to studio. Cut 6 tracks.

She loves Carnival Begin. It's about rejoining the band.

"we are a carnival"

"initially we wanted it to be a FM album if possible. But Stevie didn't want to do it she was doing another project,. So we thought let's carry on, do it as a duet album."
Old 09-20-2019, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Show video of headlines about firing LB

"I think it saddened everybody. But I just don't think there was any other solution. I love Lindsey. I love him-- I always thought he was one of the most fantastic people to work with. [Shrug]. But, you know....... it happened.
To be honest with you, I'm having so much fun with the people that are in the band now. We have a great time onstage every night. There's no tension, there's no animosity, no panic."

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 10:17 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Video of Neil badly singing Don't Stop

Mike says, "Why keep doing it at this age? Because we love it. It fulfills something in your heart that nothing else can do."

Chris.. touring gets under your skin but it took the 15 yrs off to realize.

Mick says she's the most annoying one in the band now, asking when are we going to be working?

Chris "we're giving so many people so much pleasure" and that gives us pleasure

John says "She's my oldest friend" then dry, straight faced says "oh wait, not saying she's the oldest person just saying she's the oldest... she's one of the oldest people....well, she's good friend!"

Stevie shows off diamond ring Chris gave her before she left. She wore it every day for the next 16 years to feel like Chris was there.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-20-2019 at 10:18 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'I'm back where I belong. It took me 15 years of not being with them to realize it"

copyright on the film is 2019.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Tango. Rarely saw Stevie. She went to rehab. Stevie tells psychiatrist klonopin story. Christine filled in a lot of the female energy. Lindsey could work with her more than Stevie. Chris loved working with him, he brought great ideas to her songs. His guitar on Everywhere he played slowed down then played back a right speed. Lindsey began using a Fairlight.

Stevie is the first one to say she isn't a writer of singles, so "thank god for Chris"

Chris says "I'm the hook queen". I don't know any other way to write. Little Lies. Mike likes it.
Stevie say the barn in the video had no door on the end, they were on the second story. "Lindsey would weirdly walk to the opening like he was going to go out of it. Very weird."

He tells them he's leaving even though tour booked. He was just stone faced. Stevie in her "tranquilized euphoria" chased after him. Chris chased after them saying "If you're going to kill each other please don't do it here" And Lindsey peeled out at like 90 mph
Quote:
Stevie, Chris told me "I'm not sorry. I'm not sorry. I'm finished. I don't want to fly anymore, I don't like it. I don't enjoy watching you and Lindsey batter each other."
Quote:
Interviewer asks her when she returned to FM, "what did you miss?" all the years she was gone.

"Apparently not much, I'm told," she says, then looks at someone off camera. "I know that Stevie and Lindsey were fighting like cat and dog the whole time. It was in actual fact the Buckingham Nicks show backed with Mick and John. They were tearing each other limb from limb I believe"
Quote:
Show video of headlines about firing LB

"I think it saddened everybody. But I just don't think there was any other solution. I love Lindsey. I love him-- I always thought he was one of the most fantastic people to work with. [Shrug]. But, you know....... it happened.

To be honest with you, I'm having so much fun with the people that are in the band now. We have a great time onstage every night. There's no tension, there's no animosity, no panic."
I'm sorry but I never believed for a second that Chris wanted out once she found out Lindsey was fired. If she was so tired of their constant fights, she couldn't have been so mad about the solution.

They clearly wanted him gone for a long time. They just couldn't find a way to get rid of him. They're disgusting people. And now I hope he never joined them in the first place.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I'm sorry but I never believed for a second that Chris wanted out once she found out Lindsey was fired. If she was so tired of their constant fights, she couldn't have been so mad about the solution.

They clearly wanted him gone for a long time. They just couldn't find a way to get rid of him. They're disgusting people. And now I hope he never joined them in the first place.
well it's hard to gauge because in some cases it was Stevie saying what Chris said at some time in the past and we all know that Stevie likes to embellish.

And curiously Chris couched several of her comments with sort-of disclaimers like "so I've been told" and "I believe" indicating she's taking other people's word for it.

So it does raise the question, was she fed some biased info when she got back? She knew how they were in the past so they told her it was the same while she was gone. Maybe in fact it was.
But what pisses me off no end is if it was all so awful, she and LB were tearing each other apart, why go so extreme in your marketing of yourselves with the hand holding and lovey dovey bullsh*t and all? Mick was all in on it too. Freaks.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just as I thought the abuse garbage is rearing its head on social media. Instagram user named Stevienicksnation (not sure of the exact username) made a posy under the tusk tour video clip of him talking about the incident they bring up where he threw a guitar at SN on stage and then add why wasn't he fired then. I can only imagine what the Facebook groups are like.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Just as I thought the abuse garbage is rearing its head on social media. Instagram user named Stevienicksnation (not sure of the exact username) made a posy under the tusk tour video clip of him talking about the incident they bring up where he threw a guitar at SN on stage and then add why wasn't he fired then. I can only imagine what the Facebook groups are like.
Oh, but she “loves” him! That’s why she mentioned the guitar incident. I’m sure there are equally colorful anecdotes about Stevie’s temper, but she conveniently forgot to mention them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 09-21-2019, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well it's hard to gauge because in some cases it was Stevie saying what Chris said at some time in the past and we all know that Stevie likes to embellish.

And curiously Chris couched several of her comments with sort-of disclaimers like "so I've been told" and "I believe" indicating she's taking other people's word for it.

So it does raise the question, was she fed some biased info when she got back? She knew how they were in the past so they told her it was the same while she was gone. Maybe in fact it was.
But what pisses me off no end is if it was all so awful, she and LB were tearing each other apart, why go so extreme in your marketing of yourselves with the hand holding and lovey dovey bullsh*t and all? Mick was all in on it too. Freaks.
So “she was told” and yet she chose to believe them and stayed on Stevie’s side. She’s no better than Stevie and Mick.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is such BS garbage. If things were so bad for the past 15 plus years why did she (SN) stay? Why was nothing much said about this besides the usual fluff they said in press interviews?

I feel so bad for him and his family right now. He is trying to get better and all they can do is constantly get their digs in. I wonder if his wife will react on Social Media or not.

It is so obvious that the PR machine is working overtime to paint him as a this horrible human being and that he had to go. You know they are grasping at straws when they have to tout how many tickets they sold this year or how many T- Shirts they have moved. They sold a million tickets this year? Great but I am sure the last tour was just as successful if not more so.

I never thought I would say this but I hate them all. The way they have treated him this past year is beyond disgusting. They are bunch of gutless cowards. Things were so bad yet they couldn't tell him that in person but instead embarrass him on TV.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Money that's why. They all know the drama sells. Mick will do anything for it judging by how he goes along with anything as long as it makes him money.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's been a goal of the chiffon cult, among others led by that teenager from England (with his stevienicksnation pages) for more than a year now. he's cutting out and highlighting parts that suit his narrative.

but actually this doc is very balanced and makes it very clear that what chiff cult has been pushing is a lie. if violent behavior is something that precludes people from being in today's version of FM, John would be the first one to be thrown out (i was actually surprised how much of his violent drunken behavior they aired, but i guess makes sense in doc about Christine), and Stevie would be thrown out together with Lindsey because the 2 of them were always fighting and screaming at each other. so much so that in 1987, Christine was yelling after them to get out of her house if they intend to kill each other.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-21-2019, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is so obvious that the PR machine is working overtime to paint him as a this horrible human being and that he had to go. You know they are grasping at straws
i read general people comments on twitter when this was airing. i think we are all very sensitive and read into every word or clip. in general, the doc makes it clear to a neutral observer that Stevie and Lindsey just didn't get along for decades and that was bringing bad blood when they were in the same room. any neutral observer would be left with the impression that they'd be just as happy (but less rich) if Stevie was thrown out. throughout the doc the 2 of them are made equally to blame.

of course, we know Lindsey was actually biting his tongue and willing to work it out for the band ("i will stand with my band") while Stevie has been thriving on drama and unhappiness (and some weird revenge for dumping him?) and still seems to be. she doesn't look happy at all.

Christine looks like she's trying too hard to justify to herself why she went with this betrayal of the person who she "loves to bits" and who is her "favorite person to work with" - she's doing it all oh so altruistically for the "pleasure" of the audiences, which in turns gives her "pleasure". she is trying too hard to appease Mick, Stevie, Managers - whoever is insisting on taking digs at Lindsey. having BuckVie clips in there and seeing clearly how happy, fulfilled, and relaxed they all were when Stevie was not around? makes the point all the more clear who is to blame for all the unhappiness going around.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"