The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Stew_Matthews's Avatar
Stew_Matthews Stew_Matthews is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rye, NY
Posts: 675
Default Fleetwood Mac too expensive for Glastonbury

Fleetwood Mac played their shows in the Uk just before Glastonbury started. For those unfamiliar with the festival - it is the largest outdoor music event during the UK summer. Every significant artist has played over the years and there has been speculation that Fleetwood Mac would play. But it seems (not surprisingly) that they are more interested in the cash rather than adding their names to the long list of bands that have headlined the festival.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/micha...y-2020-2518723
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 PM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 653
Default

Lucky Glastonbury audience!
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2019, 03:23 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 943
Default

Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.
Coldplay received just £200,000....it is not about the fee.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.
Coldplay received just £200,000....it is not about the fee.
They absolutely don't get it. They are so far removed from EVERYTHING. It would be a colossal disappointment, if, on the off shot, Mick "my next alimony payment is due" Fleetwood, actually does agree to cut "their" fee, and it's not the Rumours 5 that plays Glastonbury. I don't think they will ever do it. Festivals aren't their thing. Pink Pop was awful (based upon the videos I saw and the reviews I read) and Isle of Waite wasn't great. To be fair, Isle of Waite happened in the middle of a tour, but they all sounded tired and off.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2019, 04:03 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
They absolutely don't get it. They are so far removed from EVERYTHING. It would be a colossal disappointment, if, on the off shot, Mick "my next alimony payment is due" Fleetwood, actually does agree to cut "their" fee, and it's not the Rumours 5 that plays Glastonbury. I don't think they will ever do it. Festivals aren't their thing. Pink Pop was awful (based upon the videos I saw and the reviews I read) and Isle of Waite wasn't great. To be fair, Isle of Waite happened in the middle of a tour, but they all sounded tired and off.
They wouldn’t dare do Glastonbury without Lindsey....would they????
Although, Mick has no morals, and the others aren’t far behind.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2019, 06:26 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
They wouldn’t dare do Glastonbury without Lindsey....would they????
Although, Mick has no morals, and the others aren’t far behind.
Ha, I wouldn’t put anything past that grifter Mick.

I love that it’s not enough money for them. But, The Rolling Stones did Glastonbury and whatever fee they got was good enough for Mick and Keith.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2019, 06:34 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
They wouldn’t dare do Glastonbury without Lindsey....would they????
Although, Mick has no morals, and the others aren’t far behind.
Based upon Mick's latest round of interviews, they will never work with him again so.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:16 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Kyle Minogue just reached number one in the Uk Album charts, a week after performing at Glastonbury.
Fmac never understood ...you don’t play Glastonbury for the fee, but for the kudos.
Coldplay received just £200,000....it is not about the fee.
Hahaha this band will never understand that concept. They wouldn't fart in a jar for free.

Think about it, they somehow managed to turn an awards show that was nothing but kudos to them, into some giant breakup spectacle.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM pictureSTAR TREK MICK FLEETWOOD OF FLEETWOOD MAC +VL+ BGS GEM MINT 9.5 AUTO 10
$265.0
STAR TREK  MICK FLEETWOOD  OF  FLEETWOOD MAC  +VL+   BGS  GEM MINT 9.5   AUTO 10 pictureMICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12" DRUMHEAD
$249.99
MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC 12MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC RUMOURS LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM +JSA COA
$219.99
MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED FLEETWOOD MAC RUMOURS LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM +JSA COA picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved