Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
The track listing for Anthology is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-Antholog...gham+anthology

Looks pretty comprehensive, although I wish his solo version of "Steal Your Heart Away" (from that '97 Best Buy CD) was on there. And a couple more from "Law and Order" would've been nice. Great to finally get a remastered version of "Holiday Road"!
Stephanie made the cut! Love the live tracks and remastered OOTC tracks.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I live in the US and I'd never even heard the name Neil Finn before in my life and neither had loads of my friends. I asked someone I know who is very music minded and he told me that Neil/Crowded House is more of an Aussie thing and they've had some popularity in parts of Europe.
Thanks, exactly my point
Old 08-14-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Such great news about the tour and Anthology.....I can't wait to listen and so exciting to get some new music at last with two new tracks - Hunger and Ride this Road. Great work Lindsey.
yes!

FANTASTIC NEWS, all of it - anthology, song choices, live stuff, new songs, getting CDs with tour tickets, ticket prices, meet and greets - all of it!! perfect venues and perfect pricing too.

come over to LB forum and discuss all this music with us (i know you cannot fly in for the tour), no reason to stay here with a bunch of people still bickering.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not going to sit here and diss Finn's solo works and downplay his status internationally but considering Fleetwood Mac has been 'Americanized' since the 70's, outside of Crowded House Finn is pretty much a non-entity here. I know roughly of Crowded House and Don't Dream It's Over but when they announced he was joining the band me and pretty much all my friends and family had to google him to be frank because the name didn't ring a bell.

If we are going to go one step further, Buckingham has had 5 Top 50 albums on Billboard. As far as I'm aware, Finn has 0 though he has made the Heatseeker chart twice. Now that has nothing to do with artistry obviously but I'm using that to gauge name recognition and popularity in the states.

Now, even though I've stated how I feel about the incarnation of the band and how I loathe how they've gone about this and the utter destruction and implosion of their greatest line-up (and to that point their on-going legacy), I like this guy Finn. I like his attitude about the whole affair. I like how he's reached out in the media and downplayed the term "replacement" when it comes to Lindsey. I like his respect for the band and the legacy. I like him in general. And I have no doubt he will contribute a good deal to the band if this era continues past this tour.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes!

FANTASTIC NEWS, all of it - anthology, song choices, live stuff, new songs, getting CDs with tour tickets, ticket prices, meet and greets - all of it!! perfect venues and perfect pricing too.

come over to LB forum and discuss all this music with us (i know you cannot fly in for the tour), no reason to stay here with a bunch of people still bickering.
Thanks Elle, I've been to the Lindsey forum of course to express my delight. I have to confess that I have been foolishly hanging here because I get too much FOMO hearing about everyone's ticket purchases. Its even worse when people complain about them not coming to their state specifically or that they have to drive 4 hours or something relatively short to get there.... I mean seriously!
Big love to you
Old 08-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Elle, I've been to the Lindsey forum of course to express my delight. I have to confess that I have been foolishly hanging here because I get too much FOMO hearing about everyone's ticket purchases. Its even worse when people complain about them not coming to their state specifically or that they have to drive 4 hours or something relatively short to get there.... I mean seriously!
Big love to you
So excited for this 12/4 in NYC--Cannot wait.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
So excited for this 12/4 in NYC--Cannot wait.
Enjoy, I hope you get or got great seats...show Lindsey all the support he deserves
Old 08-15-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
He should stay sacked, fired whatever.....he looks great, relaxed and sexy.
Agreed. Watching him during the BuckVie shows was so enlightening. He was relaxed and quite free.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
The track listing for Anthology is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-Antholog...gham+anthology

Looks pretty comprehensive, although I wish his solo version of "Steal Your Heart Away" (from that '97 Best Buy CD) was on there. And a couple more from "Law and Order" would've been nice. Great to finally get a remastered version of "Holiday Road"!
Yes the tracks are incredible but missing Loving Cup which is my favorite Lindsey solo song. It has a great hook and showcases his amazing guitar work. Not sure why this song gets overlooked. In 1984 my local rock station had it in major play for about a month.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. Thank you.

Buster called me a "f*cking pathetic loser", and that was allowed. "Stupid" is a walk in the park, compared to that. But I'm certain that JohnL doesn't see it that way.
It wasn’t really allowed, I got a 10 day ban. But I don’t regret saying what many people in this board think. Yes, I will claim to speak for others just like you do.

For someone who spends hours each day taking shots at people but keeping the language just tame enough to keep under the mods radar screen, you have ridiculously thin skin. And you are the primary reason few people want to engage on this forum. You can’t let 90% of posts go without comment, it’s an absurd obsession. You also have to steer discussion into the direction you want. And you’re a misogynist.

Try taking a breath once in a while when you read a post you don’t like. Try expressing your feelings about Stevie Nicks using adult words. Try to avoid needing to rally people to your side like you’re in high school. Let this be a true discussion board - where people are allowed to express themselves without getting pounded on the head by you each time. Just some advice.

Last edited by Buster; 08-15-2018 at 02:27 PM..
Old 08-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Enjoy, I hope you get or got great seats...show Lindsey all the support he deserves
Yes. This will be the first FM tour I have missed since 1982, but I will definitely be in DC to support Lindsey in October.
#IStandWithLindsey
Old 08-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It wasn’t really allowed, I got a 10 day ban. But I don’t regret saying what many people in this board think. Yes, I will claim to speak for others just like you do.

For someone who spends hours each day taking shots at people but keeping the language just tame enough to keep under the mods radar screen, you have ridiculously thin skin. And you are the primary reason few people want to engage on this forum. You can’t let 90% of posts go without comment, it’s an absurd obsession. You also have to steer discussion into the direction you want. And you’re a misogynist.

Try taking a breath once in a while when you read a post you don’t like. Try expressing your feelings about Stevie Nicks using adult words. Try to avoid needing to rally people to your side like you’re in high school. Let this be a true discussion board - where people are allowed to express themselves without getting pounded on the head by you each time. Just some advice.

I realize that it's no holds barred here these days, BUT PERSONAL ATTACKS LIKE THIS ARE UNACCEPTABLE.

That's why Elle rarely comes here anymore.

All YOU need to do is block me, yet you won't.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I realize that it's no holds barred here these days, BUT PERSONAL ATTACKS LIKE THIS ARE UNACCEPTABLE.

That's why Elle rarely comes here anymore.

All YOU need to do is block me, yet you won't.
With the exception of the M word, that was certainly not a personal attack but more offering some personal advice on how to make this forum a better, more positive place for everyone that hasn't been driven away. It's never a bad idea to work on personal improvement.

And you are certainly not in a position to speak on behalf of Elle, she is more than capable enough to do this on her own if she so chooses. If she is fed up with the constant bickering on the Rumours forum then one only needs to look at who is at the centre of this problem every time and realise THAT is the actual issue.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. They're staying hidden so that people won't know that it's a karaoke band now.
It’s been a karaoke band since 1997…

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
IF they were that committed to forming a new band, why are they waiting until August to even start rehearsals? (and they have their first gig in September!)
That’s how it was in 1987. Lindsey quit on Aug. 6 and the first show was Sept. 30. It’s Rock and Roll, not rocket science.

Quote:
In my opinion, it's pretty clear they are doing the bare minimum to hobble everything together for the next 8-10 months of touring. All talks of possible new music? that sure ended quick and now looks to be replaced with yet another greatest hits/box set for their 50th anniversary. Who saw that coming? LOL...
Who’s to say that there won’t new music on the box?

Quote:
They've had plenty of time to...record a single song.....
How do you know they haven’t?

Quote:
Lindsey IS the creative force that made our band who they are. They'd have died 30 years ago without him.
They could have died 31 years ago because of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If you're implying neil finn as not a flop of a solo artist, well that's just as subjective as you saying Lindsey was a flop of a solo artist.
Finn and Lindsey are cut from very similar cloths. They’re both the type to place art over commercial viability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But that's anecdotal evidence, not factual. Facts involve verifiable statistics such as album sales & tour revenue. There's no way that globally, Finn/Crowded House/et al outsells Fleetwood Mac, end stop.
Nobody suggested they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I really dislike the entitlement of Neil Finns fans who run aroung proclaiming him and Crowded House world famous against all evidence of the contrary.
He is. Verifiably. Maybe not a megastar, but he’s internationally famous. Finn was awarded an OBE (Officer of the British Empire), a couple of steps below knighthood, for his contributions to music. So clearly he’s achieved some level of noteworthiness.

Quote:
He was a 1 hit wonder 3 decades ago, and Rumours alone sold 4 times as many copies as his combined life's work. It's no mystery why he has no name recognition.
He had more than one hit, and the last time FM had a hit was 28 years ago.

Quote:
I was simply responding to Sugar Mouse, who has been trying to sell Finn to us for months as this miraculous living legend. I’m just not buying it. Even if he WAS, I wouldn’t give a damn.
I don’t know if he’s miraculous, but he was awarded an OBE (Officer of the British Empire) for his contributions to music.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-15-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you...Got Amazing Seats--2nd row off centerish with a meet and greet!