Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Actually, dual diagnosis just means someone who is suffering from both a substance abuse and a mental health issue at the same time. One is not secondary to the other.

I agree with the rest of what you said, but I fear the person it was intended for did not get much out of your post.
Thank you...I re read what I had written and some acronyms and med names were changed by spellcheck.

As far as secondary I mean what you said but I guess I wasn't clear. Secondary is which came first...and also did the patient need the rx due to a depressive disorder, dysphoria, ocd...etc....or were they diagnosed after alcohol or drug abuse was present...OR were they a known documented alcoholic/addict.

A patient is classified as dual diagnosis if they are addict/alcoholic and suffering from mental illness...and lately I've been seeing dualies that self medicated during bi polar cycling...or borders just think the treatment was, well you know...and mostly in Spring are the highest admission rates...the usual mania thing but lately rapid cycling mixed states. I don't pigeonhole each person just to classify...each addict or abuser of substances, and whether they were self medicating for their illness or not. Today its just dual diagnosis...and often with budgets in the toilet...too many people are in such pain...after a 3 day spindly...programs don't allow someone to be studied closely. Itsan awful communication break down when someone sees a therapist once a week and the prescriber once a month for 10 minutes.

I am making no sense, Jannie. So, you are right. And right again on the intension.

I would never wish anyone...even bullies that kill...the kind of suffering to find the trial and error while getting worse...and on to another let's try this...its is hell.

Zoloft is one of the worst...especially for men.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 AM
SaidSomething
This message has been deleted by SaidSomething. Reason: posted twice for some reason
Old 11-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Phew, I joined Roller Derby last night. What a interesting night that was. I had never been on roller skates until last night! I skated around the arena once and was terrified. I was right wobbly & didn't know how I was gonna make it but I did, and by the second lap my coach was impressed cause I had already improved and could at least go around at a decent speed. They already think I'll be a jammer Hahaha oh boy.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Phew, I joined Roller Derby last night. What a interesting night that was. I had never been on roller skates until last night! I skated around the arena once and was terrified. I was right wobbly & didn't know how I was gonna make it but I did, and by the second lap my coach was impressed cause I had already improved and could at least go around at a decent speed. They already think I'll be a jammer Hahaha oh boy.
Badass!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Phew, I joined Roller Derby last night. They already think I'll be a jammer Hahaha oh boy.
Have you seen Drew Barrymore's movie Whip It?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm feeling better at the moment. I've been on Zoloft for about 2 years - it was prescribed for panic disorder. Major anorgasmia was the only side effect for a long time, but eventually that was joined by night sweats and nightmares where I would wake up screaming - loudly. So, I wanted off of it.

I've also got Adderall and Xanax prescriptions, which do help with the Zoloft withdrawal, but I don't have insurance and the Adderall especially is very expensive even in generic form. I really should be on that all the time, but I have to ration because I just can't afford it.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Hope you feel better Markolas.

My yard is full of deer.
And a few Hoot Owls.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I ordered my copy of Fleetwood:My Life and...blah blah blah.
And it was £2.00 or something and then I went back to the page again and there is a new copy going for £101.65!! I know it's out of print(?) but really!? 100 quid for a book written by Mick!?!?!?

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Have you seen Drew Barrymore's movie Whip It?
And Ellen Page?!! NO! But my friend & I are watching it on Friday.. it looks really awesome.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Ellen Page?!! NO! But my friend & I are watching it on Friday.. it looks really awesome.
I bet you'll like it.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On this day in 1979 I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert for the first time. Here's a pic someone took that evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new haven-.jpg (4.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a little bit in love with PJ Harvey.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS, that whenever I see a picture of Dance Lindsey compared to Now Lindsey I always get this feeling that he was shorter during The Dance, he just kinda looks shorter then.
He obviously wasn't, unless he's been getting taller all of a sudden but I always think that.
Had to get that off my chest, I've been pondering that for quite some time.

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Somebody on Facebook somehow has gotten the impression that I know Lindsey Buckingham personally. Oh, the facepalms! Seriously? If I knew Lindsey, would my profile seriously have so much fandom of him on it? Would my profile be such a squealy fandom if it were my Uncle who were that famous? No. Well, because he's a Prick, but that's besides the point. It'd be just like "Nah...That's just Paul, doing what he does". .

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
JTIS, that whenever I see a picture of Dance Lindsey compared to Now Lindsey I always get this feeling that he was shorter during The Dance, he just kinda looks shorter then.
He obviously wasn't, unless he's been getting taller all of a sudden but I always think that.
Had to get that off my chest, I've been pondering that for quite some time.
I think he looks a little shorter because he was a bit pudgier back then. The weight to height ratio was a little less even. I don't think he's that tall in real life anyway, really. The fact that he's so lithe creates that illusion.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
If I knew Lindsey, would my profile seriously have so much fandom of him on it? Would my profile be such a squealy fandom if it were my Uncle who were that famous?
I think it would considering how much you show off the cute black cat you have. And he's related to you, no?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is! You will love it.