User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 'Time' to ... 'Dance' ??

The Time album is in 1995. Yet Mick got re-acquainted with Lindsey and recorded GOS with him around 1995. Surely John and perhaps even Christine were involved at that point.
Yet Mick still does a new album and tour with a whole new set of people. Around this time he would have been lobbying like a madman to get the original FM up and running again. So where's the sense in pushing for this new FM incarnation running at the same time. Was Mick not really thinking things through and sort of on autopilot/treadmill by having FM always running at whatever cost? I don't believe the prospect of Lindsey re-joining only sprung up in 1996.
I'm confused.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that Lindsey started recording Gift of Screws in 1995, but I think that Mick didn't get involved until 1996, after the Time tour & album were finished. Then John, then Christine got involved. I believe that Stevie didn't get in on things until early 1997. At least this is what I've heard.

Last edited by macfan 57; 07-25-2003 at 06:30 AM..
Old 07-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: 'Time' to ... 'Dance' ??

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
The Time album is in 1995.
Yeah, but the TOUR was from 1994 to mid-1995...Time was released in Oct 95, well after the tour FINISHED (one of the major factors it didn't sell...no promotion). It wasn't until after the tour was over that Mick got involved with Lindsey's project. Plus, Lindsey had already recorded a full album with his OotC touring band...submitted it to WB...was rejected...meanwhile Mick & Lindsey meet up, Lindsey asks Mick to help with some drum overdubs, things take off from there and the rest is history.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Actually, Stevie dipped her toe in the waters before 1997, when she, Lindsey, and Mick recorded "Twisted" in the early months of 1996.

I'm sure that was definitely a huge factor leading up to Stevie & Lindsey deciding they could get along well enough for 'The Dance.'
Old 07-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Actually, Stevie dipped her toe in the waters before 1997, when she, Lindsey, and Mick recorded "Twisted" in the early months of 1996.

I'm sure that was definitely a huge factor leading up to Stevie & Lindsey deciding they could get along well enough for 'The Dance.'
Let's not forget that Mick was involved in "Twisted", as well.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: 'Time' to ... 'Dance' ??

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Plus, Lindsey had already recorded a full album with his OotC touring band...submitted it to WB...was rejected...meanwhile Mick & Lindsey meet up, Lindsey asks Mick to help with some drum overdubs, things take off from there and the rest is history.
Warners are FOOLS, FOOLS, FOOLS

I wonder how different that album is from the leaked Gift Of Screws Unmastered Tracks and the Demos from the Village Recorder.

Also has this rumour about the supposed OOTC Touring Band album been substantiated, I thought it was just a rumour, can anyone clarify.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 07-28-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read it in one of the Guitar geek (because I AM one) magazine interviews around the time of The Dance, if I recall. Lindsey said that he'd recorded a full album with his touring band and the record company rejected it. I'm sure either in the Blue Letter Archive or the Second Hand News will have the article.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
I read it in one of the Guitar geek (because I AM one) magazine interviews around the time of The Dance, if I recall. Lindsey said that he'd recorded a full album with his touring band and the record company rejected it. I'm sure either in the Blue Letter Archive or the Second Hand News will have the article.
Wow that's news to me.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well there's a hundred and one articles up in the Blue Letter Archives from the 92-3 era, but even in the first one I chose at random, there were these words straight from Lindsey's mouth:

Quote:
Buckingham avoided hiring well-known session musicians. "These people are hungry and are enchanted by the idea of doing this and eventually taking this thing back into the studio," he said. "It really feels so much like a family."
Well I'll be. I guess I've been taking it for granted that if there's demos etc we get to hear them. We can only wonder what sort of stuff they were working on. How many turned into GOS songs? We may never know ..
Old 07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Off-subject, but I just have to say... Joe, the "Murrow" pic in your signature line is cracking me up!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default J.S. ...

I wanted to do it since I saw David R's new sig - the Red Rover one