User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Thanks for the page Neil and for posting the link macfan57. The pictures of Christine in "the garden" look great. Anybody else think that Chris doesn't have a stitch of clothing on under that coat?!

You couldn't see from the b&w photo that she's wearing jeans?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>>BTW - I would assume that Forgiveness is about John? I really like the lyrics.>>>

I don't know. I think those lyrics are a little too mean spirited to be directed at him at this stage. I mean, the name 'Johnny' appears there but I don't think she'd be that literal.

IMO-- the lyrics to 'Friend' *scream* John. Being that I am still writing my John/Chris relationship epic (it's very slow going, but it's turning out pretty good! :-P), I hear all these quotes swimming around my head, all the really lovely things she has said about him and their friendship. They were pretty tight.

The whole 'sailing' reference-- obviously a passion of his. The 'rising sun' line, where else have we heard that? 'Why' was pretty much written when things were starting to fall apart for them. But the first stanza really hits me, sort of in a "Before I wrote all those hits for FMac and was a multimillionaire, there was somebody who loved me" way.

I'm not saying she wants to 'get back together w/ him' (will leave those discussions to the S/L boards LOL) and i would hate to see his 26 yr marriage go down-- but maybe it's as just as simple as missing her friend, someone you feel a closeness to and have a history with. Missing someone who knows and loves the real you, who isn't interested in your enormous bank account, or using you to further their own pathetic musical career. Someone who knows your family, and makes you laugh, and went through the best and the worst of times right there beside you, someone who loves to cook and and can even swap recipes with you. Unfortunately, whereas they used to be a few minutes away from each other, they're now on 2 different continents.

Does no one else see that in those lyrics or am delusional?? :-)

I'm probably delusional.

--Lis
Old 05-11-2004, 01:51 PM

Lis,

I've known you for a long time and you're far from crazy! I think you're right on! And I even almost got a tear when I realized the rising sun ref!

Old 05-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Friend

I think Friend could be about John or maybe Forgiveness or both.

She said in the Making of Rumours video that they had spent a lot of time "forgiving each other" and that John was "more like a brother to her, a good brother"

In the wider sense Friend could be about Fleetwood Mac and missing all of them.

I think some of the songs are definately about her marriage to Eddy breaking up - Bad Journey, Calumny, Sweet Revenge and Liar. There are some more optimistic ones - You Are and Givin' it back sound a bit more cheerful. Maybe she's got a love interest again.

In So Sincere I wonder who owns the 'Funny Little White Car with the broken lights'?

Then again maybe we're all wrong and all twelve are complete fabrications!

Gail

PS In five of the 12 songs she uses the word Darling
Old 05-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I completely agree about "Friend". That's got to be about John. I think maybe "Forgiveness" might be about Eddy Quintela. A few of these songs could be about the new man in her life(like "You Are"). I believe a few years ago, Stevie mentioned in an interview that there was someone new. And, all of these angry songs have got to be about the break-up of her marriage.

I really love these lyrics and there are some terrific song titles here too.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I believe a few years ago, Stevie mentioned in an interview that there was someone new.
Hunch time: Anybody think it might be Ken Calliat? Look at her past...Curry Grant, Martin Birch, etc...she's always had a thing for Fleetwood Mac's tech crew.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hunch time: Anybody think it might be Ken Calliat? Look at her past...Curry Grant, Martin Birch, etc...she's always had a thing for Fleetwood Mac's tech crew.
Interesting theory. He would be a guy she could trust (I would think trust must be a huge issue for her right now) and a guy she has some history with.

I don't think she has ever gone w/ a guy who didn't have a beard and/or mustache though LOL. She's a 'facial hair' kinda girl. :-P Maybe Ken grew a beard??

-Lis

Last edited by ThePenguin; 05-11-2004 at 06:02 PM..
Old 05-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Ken had a beard back "in the day" of the Rumours & Tusk sessions, so I don't think it would take much nudging for him to grow one again.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/album...backcover.html

Quote:
chiliD:

You couldn't see from the b&w photo that she's wearing jeans?
Well you know at first glance, I really thought she was bare legged. Maybe my eyes were more focused on the devilish grin on her face and then my mind began to wander. How sexy would it be for Chris to be wearing nothing but a coat while roaming around the gardens of her estate, playing "tag" with an "inspired" male suitor. Thanks, I think, for keeping me in check.

Last edited by jwd; 05-12-2004 at 08:18 AM..
Old 05-12-2004, 01:52 AM

It's ruined for me too! thanks a lot chili
Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Note to self- Try to grow beard.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

hi everyone having had a close look at the photo it is obvious that chris is wearing a cow neck top and jeans
this should come has no surprise as chris has always been a woman of great class and style

also i dont think it is fair that people are speculating that chris and ken are having an affair

eiter chris or ken may read it and find it not funny and as far as i know ken is a married man
Old 05-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
songbird anne:

hi everyone having had a close look at the photo it is obvious that chris is wearing a cow neck top and jeans
this should come has no surprise as chris has always been a woman of great class and style
I happen to be someone who thinks that you can wear a coat with nothing on underneath and still be classy, in the right circumstances of course. I am in no way advocating dirty old men lurking on street corners and alleys, flashing horrified, innocent passersby.

Last edited by jwd; 05-12-2004 at 08:55 AM..
Old 05-12-2004, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird anne

also i dont think it is fair that people are speculating that chris and ken are having an affair

eiter chris or ken may read it and find it not funny and as far as i know ken is a married man
I think affair is a little harsh. Some members were speculating if she had a new love in her life based on some of the lyrics, they were not speculating if she was banging the co-producer.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some members were speculating if she had a new love in her life based on some of the lyrics, they were not speculating if she was banging the co-producer.
I'm Chris' biggest fan, BUT, she has had affairs before. I hate to type anything bad about her, but the truth is just that.
Chris.