The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is this true? Buckingham Nicks material being released?? WOW!

I can't believe my eyes...

Blurb From Billboard

Los Angeles, CA (Billboard Publicity Wire/PRWeb ) February 16, 2007 -- Four more titles, unearthed from Los Angeles' Sound City Entertainment, will be released by Sonic Past Music in the upcoming months. March 13 will be the launch date for J.P. Morgan: The Early Sound City Sessions and April 9 the release date of Rick Springfield: The Early Sound City Sessions and Les Emerson: The Early Sound City Sessions. An unexpected treasure, S&L (Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham): The Early Sound City Sessions will be released in May.

These artists are my friends, colleagues and family. Collectively we've spent decades together in the studio amassing hundreds of albums-worth of masters. In today's fractured music industry we don't have to be 19 and mainstream to put out our albums, it's okay to cater to a niche market.

J.P. Morgan's CD was produced by David Foster, with Bill Champlin and a host of other great session players of the '70s. Rick Springfield's Sound City recording is with Rick's band prior to the involvement of Keith Olsen's studio musicians. Les Emerson's CD (The Five Man Electrical Band) is entirely composed of previously unreleased material; and the early Sound City sessions of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks produced by Keith Olsen, showcase the duo as they were on the cusp of joining Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-11-2007 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, it's true. I think it was discussed on the Stevie board when the article first came out.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yep, it's true. I think it was discussed on the Stevie board when the article first came out.
Oh, well it's news to me! I must have missed that thread. When did the article come out?

Anyways, I'm a slightly more excited for this release than Crystal Visions, which contains more than a fair portion of songs that have been released and released...and released.