The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Baby Grand, though Stevie singing Ray Charles part, I'm not sure if it would sound great.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw a setlist for Billy’s concert on FB yesterday, and it had Rock n Roll by Led Zeppelin as the encore.

Maybe that will be the song Billy and Stevie do as a duet?
Old 11-16-2022, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The more I think about it, Don’t Stop would make a ton of sense. Stevie sings Chris’s part and would naturally do her 2003-13 ad lib on the second verse. Billy would sing Lindsey’s part and play Chris’s keys.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The more I think about it, Don’t Stop would make a ton of sense. Stevie sings Chris’s part and would naturally do her 2003-13 ad lib on the second verse. Billy would sing Lindsey’s part and play Chris’s keys.
Stevie sang it for President Clinton
https://youtu.be/KFHp0fYkkGY
Old 11-16-2022, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie sang it for President Clinton
https://youtu.be/KFHp0fYkkGY
Wow, that was actually really good. Thanks for sharing that video, UnwindedDreams. When jmn3 first mentioned Don’t Stop as a possible song for Stevie and Billy to perform together, I thought he was crazy, but after seeing this video, I’m all for it. If Stevie and her band could perform it this well, I don’t doubt for a second that Billy Joel on piano and vocals would knock it out of the park!

Still, I can’t help but think that they should perform an actual Stevie song, too.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, that was actually really good. Thanks for sharing that video, UnwindedDreams. When jmn3 first mentioned Don’t Stop as a possible song for Stevie and Billy to perform together, I thought he was crazy, but after seeing this video, I’m all for it. If Stevie and her band could perform it this well, I don’t doubt for a second that Billy Joel on piano and vocals would knock it out of the park!

Still, I can’t help but think that they should perform an actual Stevie song, too.
Oh, definitely a little crazy, but this one just seems to fit perfectly. It hits a few things:
  • Extremely well known song
  • Setup for two vocalists to trade off
  • Fun, audience singalong song
  • And for the sinister among us: Stevie planting her flag on top of Fleetwood Mac mountain. I’m Stevie f’n Nicks - that’s my band, and I’ll sing any damn song I wish. Peter Green? Done. Christine McVie? Done. All while avoiding the potential for too much drama by performing a Lindsey penned song.

And of course, it’s a piano driven song from the outset and she’ll be on stage with the damn piano man.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Can you imagine Stevie trying to get the words to We Didn't Start the Fire right? She'd probably just riff her own autobiographical version, then halfway through give up and launch into one of her interpretive dances.

Desert child, Stephanie, you can call me Stevie
Arizona, Greyhound, moving to a new town
California Dreaming, shacking up with Lindsey
Fleetwood Mac, doing crack, letting all the fans down

Welsh witches, waitressing, cleaning lady, woe is me
Leaving Fritz, Rumours hits, I'm Queen of Rock and filthy rich
Tusk flops, Lindsey irks, why must he be such a jerk?
Bella Donna on the floor, I can't take it any more!

I didn't fire Lindsey
But my walls were burning
When he started smirking
I didn't fire Lindsey
But now he is gone
I can ramble on and on and on....
Absolutely hilarious. Thanks for the laugh Brilliant!!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-18-2022, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

With every tour we always think they are going to be creative and do new things. We are always wrong. So much speculation. My money is its going to be a typical Stevie set with no Billy and then Billy performing his set without Stevie.
And Stevie will pretty much do her 24k Gold set that she mostly did these past months.
NOTHING EVER CHANGES

Remember about 10 years ago when Stevie was preparing to play Vegas. She did interviews how she was going to possibly use a cordless mic because the stage was so big and she was practicing all sorts of songs that have not been done for a long time. What did we end up with? The same set she always does.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-18-2022 at 07:13 AM..
Old 11-18-2022, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
With every tour we always think they are going to be creative and do new things. We are always wrong.

Remember about 10 years ago when Stevie was preparing to play Vegas. She did interviews how she was going to possibly use a cordless mic because the stage was so big and she was practicing all sorts of songs that have not been done for a long time. What did we end up with? The same set she always does.
10 years ago? LOL. More like 17 years ago. Almost 18. It was 2005 and I was one of the suckers who believed her lies and flew to Vegas only to be highly disappointed with the same ole boring set. The only thing new she did do was introduce the video backdrop to her performances and has kept even some of those same videos today.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
10 years ago? LOL. More like 17 years ago. Almost 18. It was 2005 and I was one of the suckers who believed her lies and flew to Vegas only to be highly disappointed with the same ole boring set. The only thing new she did do was introduce the video backdrop to her performances and has kept even some of those same videos today.
the days go by like a strand in the wind.......
I begin again

Time makes you bolder, children get older and I'm getting older too

OMG yes, the older you get the less you realize 17 years ago seemed almost like yesterday

Sorry you were suckered to fly all the way to Vegas. In those days she was probably doing the worst set of her entire career which made it that much worse!

Nothing can be saved here.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh the Vegas debacle. She was on Jim Ladd's radio show for a big interview where she talked up the stage design being unlike anything she's ever done before...she talked it up for over an hour! The show kicks off and it's literally a black stage and two screens.

That was the beginning of the end for me. I quite buying solo tickets after the Summer 2005 tour. She redeemed herself a little bit in recent years with Crying In The Night/Bella Donna/Wildheart...but after her bullsh*t, refusing to work with Lindsey & Christine and then being pretty sour about the project, it was a hard pass for me. Last time I saw her was with FM in 2015.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Man, that sucks! I can see why you were disappointed. Sorry that happened to you.

Although Stevie (and FM, for the most part) tend to do similar set lists tour after tour, I do remember the Trouble in Shangri-La and Enchanted tours were fantastic. Not a great track record by any means, but at least the last FM and solo tours did have some pleasant surprises. With Covid still around, I suspect she and her band won’t change her set much at all, because they probably don’t rehearse as much, but I hope she does. She really needs to bring back Rooms on Fire, Talk to Me, Leather and Lace, and maybe something unexpected like Blue Lamp or even Battle of the Dragon. Also, keep the FM songs to a minimum- quit Gypsy and do either Rhiannon or Gold Dust Woman, but not both.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy Joel says he could sing Landslide..
And Stevie may be singing Just the way you are..

I wonder what the duet will be ?
Old 03-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Billy Joel says he could sing Landslide..
And Stevie may be singing Just the way you are..

I wonder what the duet will be ?
Just the way you are? They would have to pay me to listen to her croak that out now..ghastly.

Old 03-10-2023, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanna see Stevie sing We Didn't Start The Fire