User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Good point! Do they know what albums are?
I just don't get why people keep bringing up buying albums as a problem- in actual albums bought, whether physical or download, they are #6 in the US.

The problem is that streaming now counts too. So if you really wanna compare to 2015 and before in sales you need to take just albums bought category where again, they are apparently #6 here and #5 in the U.K. Either way, people are buying this album and even some promotion for the tour now kicked in, so all that is pretty great!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Good point! Do they know what albums are?
Why are we talking about BUYING albums? In albums bought they are apparently #6 here and #5 in the U.K. Which sounds pretty great to me. I guess if you wanna compare to pre 2015 / pre streaming counting releases, those are the numbers to use.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry about double post my phone locked up and looked like the first post didn't go through.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The reason I had/have high hopes for the success of this album is that I want Fleetwood Mac to morph into Buckingham McVie.

We now know with certainty there will never be another Fleetwood Mac album thanks to Stevie.

However, if BuckVie had been/were to be more successful this entity could give the Mac and Lindsey/Christine the incentive to continue under this new brand.

Based on these Sales, I'm betting this will be the last BuckVie album.

However, it is interesting to conceive of Mick and John supporting Christine's solo album.

-John

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

#22 in the U.S. is better than I was expecting. Buckingham McVie is a non-proven entity. The sound may be familiar, but the name is not. Compare this ranking to a Buckingham or McVie solo outing, and I think they have reason to be proud and recognize the relative appeal of collaboration.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
#22 in the U.S. is better than I was expecting. Buckingham McVie is a non-proven entity. The sound may be familiar, but the name is not. Compare this ranking to a Buckingham or McVie solo outing, and I think they have reason to be proud and recognize the relative appeal of collaboration.
Exactly!! Stevie Nicks has been a known name for many years.
Who knows who BUCKVIE are?? First outing. Very shocked and surprised in a good way that they charted. Good job, BuckVie!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The reason I had/have high hopes for the success of this album is that I want Fleetwood Mac to morph into Buckingham McVie.
that's interesting concept... i was thinking the last few days that this album is actually getting their 2 names more known and associated with FM - so who knows?

also -

Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, it is interesting to conceive of Mick and John supporting Christine's solo album.
The Fleetwood-McVie Blues Band
Mick Fleetwood
John McVie
Christine McVie
Rick Vito

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-19-2017, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Outsold Katy perry in the Uk in her first week. Wow.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

We now know with certainty there will never be another Fleetwood Mac album thanks to Stevie.

However, if BuckVie had been/were to be more successful this entity could give the Mac and Lindsey/Christine the incentive to continue under this new brand.

Based on these Sales, I'm betting this will be the last BuckVie album.

-John
Have sales ever stopped Lindsey from producing music before? I don't get the feeling he's really that in it for the money when it comes to the actual production of the album. Say You Will and most of his solo stuff are proof of that.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 06-20-2017, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Have sales ever stopped Lindsey from producing music before? I don't get the feeling he's really that in it for the money when it comes to the actual production of the album. Say You Will and most of his solo stuff are proof of that.
No. However I believe it would stop them from continuing as a duo.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Debuting at #17 on the Billboard 200 is pretty solid. Good for them.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Debuting at #17 on the Billboard 200 is pretty solid. Good for them.
#6 on Top Album Sales and #17 on Bilboard 200. That's much much better than what we fans were expecting (and what non fans wanted )
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
#6 on Top Album Sales and #17 on Bilboard 200. That's much much better than what we fans were expecting (and what non fans wanted )
That's insane for a duo that not many people know. Good for them!
Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the UK they have 4 albums in the top 100;

Buckingham McVie #5
FM Greatest Hits #36
Rumours #45
Very Best of FM #94

A (very quick) scan of the charts tells me they are the only artists with 4 albums in the top 100.

FM have consistently had 2 or 3 albums in the top 100 for several months. A lot of it is down to the Rumours anniversary. However, I think quite a lot is also a bounce coming from Buckingham McVie.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood