Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The numbers are in!

So the album has debuted officially at #5 on the UK albums chart which is fantastic! I have to say that showing is slightly unexpected. The sales are also extremely strong on 19,147.

In the US though things are looking less rosy. According to reliable sources the album will debut at #22 on the Billboard 200 on sales of 20,443. This now includes streaming sales which account for just 454 of the sales. If the Billboard 200 still worked the way it used to without streaming, the album would be at #6 with sales of 19,989. In my opinion the Billboard 200 does not truly reflect what people are actually buying and so I think it is unfair. Anyway.
cool, thanks James!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
#1 is probably the biggest thing. The record buying public is young, and while they do have a segment there, the lion's share of their fanbase is probably 40+.
you got it completely wrong! look at James' post above and bolded parts. the record buying public is old. that's why they are #6 with record buying public in the US.

young people stream. and 1 stream of course does not equal 1 sale. if streaming was counted n the UK, they may have not been #5 there either?

do we know when the inclusion of streaming started on Billboard 200?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"