Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Better yet - you will vote for W

I'll assemble a step ladder and gather some rope before that happens.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I for one have always found Carne's posts to be informative,amusing and entertaining. Granted, I can see how some maybe have perceived his debative style to be somewhat abrasive, but to me, in this strange,contorted way have always found it to be part of his dare I say it, charm He's actually complimented little old me on some of my post's contents, which I thought was actually very sweet of him... Nevertheless, this board is owned by Mary & Fam, and
"controlled" by the moderators. While I may not "agree" with some of their decisions, I'd have to say that I "respect" them. By the same token, if there IS in fact something going on, I think it is fundamentally THEIR concern. Who knows, maybe Carne went on vacation or something? At any rate, I would look forward to seeing possible future posts from him
Old 09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sure "His Royal Majesty" is reading this forum as a guest and simply beaming at how much of a stir he is causing, even in death - OOPS!!! - I mean purgatory....

Oh, we wuv you Carne... what's life without a gadfly devil's advocate, anyways???

You can't have good without evil! I oughta know!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Typo :(

Shucks! My computer is freaking out and won't let me go back and edit! Typo - we all know it's MARTY NOT MARY! Sorry MR.Penguin!
PS: Please don't strike me for any kind of gender-biased content!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uh, power really sucks, I think.

You have to handle all of your troubles with care and so on... And perhaps at one point or another Carne broke some of the rules that happen to make this place what it is... a Message Board and nothing more than that.

I feel the pain of the moderators - it's not really easy to ban anyone or whatever... I used to be a moderator in another Forum I was in, and I had to quit because they wanted to ban a friend of mine. It's a hard labour, but someone has to do it I suppose, especially if some people felt offended or something.

But anyway, I REALLY miss Carne's posts. I was wondering what was happening to him, too, since he was around these parts almost everyday, but now his comments are gone and he's a very important part of the fun that one can have around here. Mind you, even if his arguments sometimes were as empty as a George W.Bush's speech, they were at least funny to read. And even if I wasn't in agreement with him all the time, I'd still want him to come back because I think he's one of the people that you REALLY miss if he's not around.

Just a brief thought about the subject.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thanks, Johnny Stew

Thanks Johnny for giving Some clearance on this situation. I'm sure that you moderators will see things in perspective, I only hope that it does not take much time anymore. Will you keep us posted?

gerald

Old 09-10-2004, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just wanted to add my voice to those calling for Carne's return. thank you.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have not yet had the honour of a debate with Carne but look forward to it with great anticipation and it hope it happens one day so...I suggest we need Carne back, he may be a bit rude, but there is no doubt he is an exciting character and brings a noce bit of excitement. Of course thought we don't know the full story and I totally respect what ever decision King and Queen Penguin and the moderators make.

Tynan
Old 09-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

I got an email from a friend. He's not registered on this board, but said he was in the past. He was reading this thread and came to the conclusion that the guy you are talking about really appreciates the warmth of this thread. My emailed answer was "How can you say that, do you know him?" Haven't heard a thing since.

Old 09-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im with all of you guys on this one.....Bring Carne back!

~Alex

Old 09-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I say let him return but with squelch. I can picture him sitting in front of a computer bound to a chair. Muted with nothing more than a dim lamp in the corner. PB+J sandwiches being slid under the door and a toilet pan provided when he rattles his chains. It’s sad. Real sad. Removed from the world he once knew. It may be just what he needed to recognize he was walking in the valley when mountains are all around him. Show him the road to return but not without a clause. He must commit himself to a daily, supervised 12-step masturbation program. It’s the only way to rid the bad Karma. Don’t let him fool you with a sample from his dad or dog. If he fails to give you a sample hook him up to the pump. If he fails any of the 12 steps make him return to step one. If he fails 1200 steps consecutively he will probably be too blind to read the board anyway.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Hahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
Yeah I say let him return but with squelch. I can picture him sitting in front of a computer bound to a chair. Muted with nothing more than a dim lamp in the corner. PB+J sandwiches being slid under the door and a toilet pan provided when he rattles his chains. It’s sad. Real sad. Removed from the world he once knew. It may be just what he needed to recognize he was walking in the valley when mountains are all around him. Show him the road to return but not without a clause. He must commit himself to a daily, supervised 12-step masturbation program. It’s the only way to rid the bad Karma. Don’t let him fool you with a sample from his dad or dog. If he fails to give you a sample hook him up to the pump. If he fails any of the 12 steps make him return to step one. If he fails 1200 steps consecutively he will probably be too blind to read the board anyway.
OMFG