Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s ironic she had a song called “Keeping Secrets” because she’s really bad at that.
The other 4 at some point in the 80's would ask her not to talk to the press when she was drunk because she would tell them everything. (esp about the coke stories) And then the band would yell at her and Christine would say, "But it's true!!"
Old 02-02-2021, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The other 4 at some point in the 80's would ask her not to talk to the press when she was drunk because she would tell them everything. (esp about the coke stories) And then the band would yell at her and Christine would say, "But it's true!!"
I think you're judging her too harshly.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think there should be a breathalyzer for cell phones for much the same reason. I got a few calls from management after a few days of drinking with the band I used to work for after talking about things that weren’t quite ready for public consumption.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-02-2021, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Mick would do ANYTHING for a buck.

And I do mean ANYTHING. Sex with men, sell a kidney, you name it. The old sleazy dirtbag would do it, IMO.
He will sell his feces in a jar. The autograph on the jar is extra of course. But he's throwing in a coupon for 10% off your next meal at his restaurant in Hawaii when of course its not being rented out for private parties.

Think of it as an investment. Just think how much it will be worth in 20 years time.

When is your birthday btw?
Old 02-02-2021, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After Lindsey is done working his upcoming solo album and the Crowded House tour ends, I see the possibility of a Fleetwood Mac offshoot with Lindsey, Mick, Christine, and Neil, maybe a cameo from Mike, maybe one from Rick. Maybe have Mitchell Froom on keyboards and co-producer. I don’t know if John would be interested in recording if it wasn’t Fleetwood Mac, but I think those four at a minimum could make an amazing album together. I’d much rather have THAT over an arena tour.
Since Mick spoke to Rock Cellar about taking the Peter Green celebration to a broader extent, what about with Jeremy Spencer on the album too? Or would they not want the Children of God affiliation to cast a dark cloud over the album?
Old 02-02-2021, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s also easy to assume Christine and Lindsey are on good terms. However, if Stevie isn’t on board, it’s simply not going to happen, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest she’d consider working with Lindsey again.
My feeling is that Chris and Lindsey are not on good terms because he publicly revealed that she emailed him that she had nothing to do with firing and that she believed Stevie in her heart wanted him to come home, after they settled the lawsuit. She probably hoped he would've kept that private.

Stevie said last year that she'll "probably never share a stage with Lindsey again."
Old 02-02-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think you're judging her too harshly.
Let's get on, let's get on, let's get on, let's get on, let's get on.
... with the shooooowwwwwwww.....
Old 02-02-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
My feeling is that Chris and Lindsey are not on good terms because he publicly revealed that she emailed him that she had nothing to do with firing and that she believed Stevie in her heart wanted him to come home, after they settled the lawsuit. She probably hoped he would've kept that private.

Stevie said last year that she'll "probably never share a stage with Lindsey again."
Are you speculating Christine is miffed from that LB interview? Or, have you read something?
Old 02-02-2021, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you speculating Christine is miffed from that LB interview? Or, have you read something?
Speculating, that's why I said my feeling.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Speculating, that's why I said my feeling.
I saw, I was just wondering if you read something that led you to feel that.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
He will sell his feces in a jar. The autograph on the jar is extra of course. But he's throwing in a coupon for 10% off your next meal at his restaurant in Hawaii when of course its not being rented out for private parties.

Think of it as an investment. Just think how much it will be worth in 20 years time.

When is your birthday btw?
He truly would.

If there's one thing in this world I'm NOT interested in, it's fecal matter. Anyone's. But even especially not interested in Mick's.

It's Dec 2nd. Don't mail me no sh*tty gifts!

David is the only Ledgie who has my address, and he no longer likes me.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-02-2021 at 11:48 AM..
Old 02-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw, I was just wondering if you read something that led you to feel that.
The revelation of Christine's email is what led me to feel the way I do.

Now that the tour's over, Mick's speaking positively about Lindsey. Stevie called Lindsey her great musical love on CBS last year.

If the new lineup won't make new music, a tour with Lindsey would be more fresh for me than a tour with Neil and Mike.
I did multiple shows in 2018-2019 and the performances were like copies of the master recordings and they dragged. With Lindsey in 2014-2015, I felt I could rock to things (Little Lies, Say You Love Me, YMLF, IKINW) because he'd be eyeing it up with Mick and John which in turn took stuff up a notch. Even though Gypsy got slower through the years, it just sounded better to me on the cocktail kit and with Lindsey playing/soloing.

Still don't think the Five will play together again. And it stinks.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The revelation of Christine's email is what led me to feel the way I do.

Now that the tour's over, Mick's speaking positively about Lindsey. Stevie called Lindsey her great musical love on CBS last year.

If the new lineup won't make new music, a tour with Lindsey would be more fresh for me than a tour with Neil and Mike.
I did multiple shows in 2018-2019 and the performances were like copies of the master recordings and they dragged. With Lindsey in 2014-2015, I felt I could rock to things (Little Lies, Say You Love Me, YMLF, IKINW) because he'd be eyeing it up with Mick and John which in turn took stuff up a notch. Even though Gypsy got slower through the years, it just sounded better to me on the cocktail kit and with Lindsey playing/soloing.

Still don't think the Five will play together again. And it stinks.
Very little about Christine's email (as reported by Lindsey) is really surprising. It aligns with her rehearsed comments on the televised group chat where Stevie's eyes were bulging out of her head while she held John McVie's hand.

Maybe the only piece that could have been an embarrassment to the band is Christine saying she believes "deep down" that Stevie wants Lindsey to return to the fold. I read that as wishful thinking on C McVie's part.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know this has been debated to death, but I was on a Facebook Stevie group where they were discussing the Mick article. I posted that Lindsey and Mick probably put everything behind them and were willing to work together again. If I was Lindsey I wouldn't, but that's just me. I also stated that it would be nice if Stevie would just come forward and tell her side of the story, but I was scolded by several people and told that she didn't owe us anything. After some thought, I believe she does, we are the fans who have paid a lot of money over the years and have kept this band going. We got that **** show on CBS, we got Lindsey's version and even an article with Brett Tuggle about it. Mick has mentioned talking to Lindsey several times lately since Peter Green died and Stevie even still mentions Lindsey in interviews. This has been a very polarizing event in Fleetwood Mac fandom. It was she who started this, she should formally say what happened before anything like an album or tour happens. This of course is all speculation, she may really mean it when she says she will never share a stage with him again, and maybe there will never be another FM tour, but am I wrong in thinking she should have told the press and her/Lindsey/FM fans exactly what happened? I don't even think Lindsey really understands why he was fired.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-02-2021, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
but am I wrong in thinking she should have told the press and her/Lindsey/FM fans exactly what happened? I don't even think Lindsey really understands why he was fired.
I’m sure a lot of what they said wasn’t the whole truth because they knew there was going to be a lawsuit. Even now, I think there are pages and pages of non-disclosure agreements for both side regarding the lawsuit. So, unless Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey are all sitting on a couch together and all spill the beans together, we’ll probably never know the full story.

THE Stephen Hopkins