The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, her PR team is not shy about protecting their girl no matter the cost. So my bet is we haven't heard the last of this; Stevie's team is working out their response...... but given how long and coldly she waited to take her shot to oust him, her inevitable hit back at him may not come right away, but when she figures he's most vulnerable. Guarantee it. Maybe at her RRHOF induction speech. She'll put enough distance between his comments and hers to have plausible deniability that the two are related. (And her apologists will blindly believe her). But She will not let this stand as the last word.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-10-2018 at 03:16 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm most disappointed with Christine. I'd have though she'd have at least had some contact with him. Doesn't sound like it.
What a complete load sh!t
ESPECIALLY when the reasons for his firing are beyond childish and petty. When Mick eventually relayed the reasons and story to Chris about what went down...surely you would laugh out loud and go don't be so Bl&%dy ridiculous...lock them in a room and get them to sort this out...this is no reason to destroy the band.

You would DO SOMETHING TO STOP IT. He was your good friend.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can all the Stevie apologists now just give it a break for a while and see the wood for the trees?
Exactly...Sugar Mouse can you now stand up and admit that LB did not insist on a Nov 2019 tour delay?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there is more to the story than what Lindsey is saying. Always two sides to everything, it takes two to break a relationship. I'm not defending anyone here. But lots of details seem to be missing.
I can only think things between Stevie and Lindsey have never been that good. They both know how to push buttons. Lindsey comes across as an overbearing perfectionist that has to be right. Stevie who lives in a bubble is at times oversensitive and reactive.
They seem to feed off of each other at times. I bet Lindsey can be at least emotionally abusive, knows what will stir her up.
So after many years of this, I think Stevie had enough, whatever happened at music cares may have been the tipping point of years and years of tension.
Maybe in her old age, she simply didn't want to deal with all the negative emotions and fighting anymore. I can understand how she may have come to this conclusion.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
You would DO SOMETHING TO STOP IT. He was your good friend.
But they weren’t good friends. They were collaborators and had a great musical chemistry, but they weren’t especially close whenever they weren’t working. Christine has said this numerous times. She talked with Mick frequently throughout her retirement, with the occasional communications with John and Stevie, but never with Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I think there is more to the story than what Lindsey is saying. Always two sides to everything, it takes two to break a relationship. I'm not defending anyone here. But lots of details seem to be missing.
I can only think things between Stevie and Lindsey have never been that good. They both know how to push buttons. Lindsey comes across as an overbearing perfectionist that has to be right. Stevie who lives in a bubble is at times oversensitive and reactive.
They seem to feed off of each other at times. I bet Lindsey can be at least emotionally abusive, knows what will stir her up.
So after many years of this, I think Stevie had enough, whatever happened at music cares may have been the tipping point of years and years of tension.
Maybe in her old age, she simply didn't want to deal with all the negative emotions and fighting anymore. I can understand how she may have come to this conclusion.
Still....not the way you handle that situation as an adult. A 70 year old adult.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But they weren’t good friends. They were collaborators and had a great musical chemistry, but they weren’t especially close whenever they weren’t working. Christine has said this numerous times. She talked with Mick frequently throughout her retirement, with the occasional communications with John and Stevie, but never with Lindsey.
Speaking for myself, if I had known anyone for 4 decades and worked alongside them so much, I'd automatically consider that person a good friend, regardless of how often we may hang out and chat on our own. That's a long, long time to know and work with someone.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I stated earlier, this is the first Fleetwood Mac tour in 40 years (including TIME) that I HAVE NOT purchased tickets to. I have almost broken down 2 times and made the purchase. After reading this, I am really glad that I did not. I won't be contributing anymore funds to this dysfunction. NONE of these people are innocent....NONE.

The firing of Lindsey Buckingham is an outrage. However, this is not the only issue here. Before this writing, I had noticed Mick and Christine doing The Waltz during Stevie's speech--I knew exactly what they were referring to because she does ramble. I certainly have NOT been a Stevie defender, but mocking her behind her back onstage while she's giving a speech is toxic. What Mick and Chris were doing was worse that Lindsey's supposed "smirk".

Whatever the case, I won't contribute money to this toxicity in the form of ticket sales.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still....not the way you handle that situation as an adult. A 70 year old adult.

True, but when a person has had lots of trauma or abuse in their lives they kinda are stunted emotionally. So she doesn't seem to have the skills to work through issues that may come her way. So she just reacts.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post

She herself has said this is true of BOTH of them. She pushes his buttons and vice versa. So the blade could cut both ways on that one.

I bet most members of the band are tired of the ongoing emotional nonsense.

Your assumption is that it was perfectly reasonable for her to demand that the band choose between her or him. Would you feel the same if he was the one who had made the demand, and it resulted in her being booted? Coz she's done just as much. She just masks it better, and has always been far, far, far better at playing the press. Go back and read articles over the years where she was unhappy with something on an album and in order to get her way she would give the band an ultimatum "How's it going to look when I go to Rolling Stone and bad mouth this record?" Even Mick describes her doing this in his first book.

I was always a Stevie fan, and I think she's a turd for doing this. I'd feel the same if he pitched a fit and whined that Stevie talks too long onstage, I don't want to be onstage with her again. Come on.

And the rest of those money grubbers going along with it.

I mean, "Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again." WTF? Not even "Stevie doesn't want to be in the band together anymore".

Whatever happened to all of HER constant comments in interviews about "One of us will be 80 sitting on a bed alone when the other one dies".

What changed? He got married and had kids, that's a big thing. Once they were never, ever going to rekindle anything, she was done.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I am curious about the exact nature of the "outburst" over the music intro. Sadly there were no details about that.
Exactly. Naturally, the LB fan club here skips over that and focuses only on the smirk. It was obviously not just the smirk that lead us to this point. Note that the article says “including.” Not everything has been revealed about his behavior:

As Buckingham told Rolling Stone, a few days after the show he received a phone call from manager Irving Azoff, who proceeded to list various issues Nicks had with his behavior that night, including his complaints about their intro music being Nicks’ “Rhiannon” and that he may have “smirked” while she was giving her acceptance speech.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 10-10-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Maybe they weren't good friends, but I've no reason to believe they disliked each other. When you spend a year making a record with somebody and then do a tour with them there has to be some sort of relationship on some level. Unless they had a falling out on that tour (which I don't believe for one minute), her not being in contact after what went down is just bloody weird.
...Isn't that weird?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can all the Stevie apologists now just give it a break for a while and see the wood for the trees?
No. There is no reason to. He’s been an asshole for 40 years and she’s sick of it. She likes the remaining four members (now 6) so why should SHE quit?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Whatever happened to all of HER constant comments in interviews about "One of us will be 80 sitting on a bed alone when the other one dies".

What changed? He got married and had kids, that's a big thing. Once they were never, ever going to rekindle anything, she was done.
This.

He finally grew up and got a LIFE. She never did. She's still a child. She HATES that he got a real life, and she didn't.