User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.
Yes. It was supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac album, of course. Lindsey spoke an alternative truth

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.
Originally, in May 2015, when Christine and Lindsey's collaborations were reported in Billboard and then in Rolling Stone, the language was that the participating four hoped this would be a FM album. However, even from the start there was the caveat that "in one way or another" the new music would come to light. So, I'm guessing the band already knew it would only be a FM album if Stevie participated. If she didn't they wouldn't (couldn't?) call it Fleetwood Mac. This has angered a lot of people, myself included, in no small part because it has prioritized the participation of one member over all others, a member whose actual knowledge of music and ability to shape musical direction is decidedly less than the others. In the words of one of my friends, "Fleetwood Mac is not a going concern without Stevie Nicks." I hate this statement but it is, alas, true for the overwhelming majority of the public. Even when Christine or Lindsey hit it out of the park, Stevie gets some credit. Another friend repeatedly tells me her favorite FM song is "Little Lies" because "Stevie Nicks sings it so well." Well, either my friend is talking about one phrase repeated three or four times in the song or she assumes all singing, no matter what it sounds like, is done by Stevie. Ridiculous. Sad, but true: for most people, Stevie is the epitome of the group. When I enthuse about the LB/CM album, some friends say, "it was boring" (really? more boring than Say You Will? I loved Say You Will but if either is going to be boring THAT would qualify a little more); other friends say, "I'm mad they did the album without Stevie" even when they KNOW Stevie REFUSED to participate.

I ramble.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

you know better than that, as you said in your second paragraph. read his and Chris' and Mick's interviews BEFORE the album became BuckVie.

he was covering for Stevie and Mick, to appease Stevie. i wonder if he regrets it now?

oh, i don't think it was record label. it was Mick. he wanted his cashcow. hope it blows up in his face.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Originally, in May 2015, when Christine and Lindsey's collaborations were reported in Billboard and then in Rolling Stone, the language was that the participating four hoped this would be a FM album. However, even from the start there was the caveat that "in one way or another" the new music would come to light. So, I'm guessing the band already knew it would only be a FM album if Stevie participated. If she didn't they wouldn't (couldn't?) call it Fleetwood Mac. This has angered a lot of people, myself included, in no small part because it has prioritized the participation of one member over all others, a member whose actual knowledge of music and ability to shape musical direction is decidedly less than the others. In the words of one of my friends, "Fleetwood Mac is not a going concern without Stevie Nicks." I hate this statement but it is, alas, true for the overwhelming majority of the public. Even when Christine or Lindsey hit it out of the park, Stevie gets some credit. Another friend repeatedly tells me her favorite FM song is "Little Lies" because "Stevie Nicks sings it so well." Well, either my friend is talking about one phrase repeated three or four times in the song or she assumes all singing, no matter what it sounds like, is done by Stevie. Ridiculous. Sad, but true: for most people, Stevie is the epitome of the group. When I enthuse about the LB/CM album, some friends say, "it was boring" (really? more boring than Say You Will? I loved Say You Will but if either is going to be boring THAT would qualify a little more); other friends say, "I'm mad they did the album without Stevie" even when they KNOW Stevie REFUSED to participate.

I ramble.
This cracks me up so much. It explains the behavior of most chiffons.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Another friend repeatedly tells me her favorite FM song is "Little Lies" because "Stevie Nicks sings it so well." Well, either my friend is talking about one phrase repeated three or four times in the song or she assumes all singing, no matter what it sounds like, is done by Stevie.
it's the second. i cannot count how many people have told me how much they love Stevie's song Go Your Own Way, and would not believe me that she didn't write that song. some in the general public consider it her signature song lol. or her song Songbird. that's why i'd love it if Lindsey prevents them from doing GYOW live. people would notice that. same if Chris prevented them from doing Don't Stop when she was retired.

she's the face of the band, and given credit for everything that others did. it is what it is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know better than that, as you said in your second paragraph. read his and Chris' and Mick's interviews BEFORE the album became BuckVie.

he was covering for Stevie and Mick, to appease Stevie. i wonder if he regrets it now?

oh, i don't think it was record label. it was Mick. he wanted his cashcow. hope it blows up in his face.
She is the reason FM exists. And that they have the fan base they do. And as much as I dislike her, Mick is the real douche in this horrible situation. Karma would be that idiot having to file for bankruptcy one more time. And never recovering from it, dying penniless.

Used to, there was no contest for whom I disliked the most. Man, Mick is really catching up!
Old 04-17-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I ramble.
And she's probably the new musical director of the band. Seriously. It cracks me up.

But she has more power in the musical industry than I care to admit.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^ I want them interviewed, want them to explain themselves. To tell me, why they are okay with no studio album, why the band is still called Fleetwood Mac when Christine or Lindsey are out, but not, when Stevie does not participate, why Lindsey is out right after Mike Campbell needs a new job. And why the heck I should take them serious after such a stunt.
YES TO THIS ALL DAY LONG!!! I have been saying Buckingham /McVie was as much if not more of a Fleetwood Mac album than Say You Will. I'll even argue it's as much so as Tango In The Night.

I believe the ugliness is just beginning. There is no way Stevie will be able to not comment about all this to Rolling Stone. I'm expecting Lindsey to stay quiet, disappear into his studio and come back with the best album of his career. Maybe he'll form his own band with some wayward big names. I kind of like the idea of Benmont Tench from the Heartbreakers on keyboards. In all seriousness, it would be cool to see him collaborate more with other musicians.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I wonder whether they'll need Neale. On the Shake the Cage Tour and Behind the Mask tour they only had Rick and Billy. Now they have Mike and Neil will they still go for a third guitarist? Having said that, Neil Finn is an accomplished keyboard player- do they even need Brett? Not wanting to talk them out of a job but I wonder if they need both of them. Otherwise, might Stevie want to bring Carlos back in?
Thank you for this information. I did not know about Neil Finn's abilities. I appreciate your response!

I considered the thought that Neale or Brett would be nominated as musical director for the upcoming FM tour. Elton's musical director is Davey Johnstone, who is not an original member of his band (As an aside, Elton's concerts are not always advertised as "Elton and His Band"). I think the Stones' musical director is Chuck Leavell, the keyboardist and background vocalist. I think The Who's musical director is someone other than Roger or Pete as well. My thinking was that the musical director/show designer for huge bands isn't always a member of the band (exception is Davey).

The possibility of Carlos returning hadn't occurred to me. Speaking of former touring musicians, Taku was in the MusiCares band in January. My prediction is Neale, Brett, Stevvi, Lori, and Sharon stay with no additional hires.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
YES TO THIS ALL DAY LONG!!! I have been saying Buckingham /McVie was as much if not more of a Fleetwood Mac album than Say You Will. I'll even argue it's as much so as Tango In The Night.

I believe the ugliness is just beginning. There is no way Stevie will be able to not comment about all this to Rolling Stone. I'm expecting Lindsey to stay quiet, disappear into his studio and come back with the best album of his career. Maybe he'll form his own band with some wayward big names. I kind of like the idea of Benmont Tench from the Heartbreakers on keyboards. In all seriousness, it would be cool to see him collaborate more with other musicians.
Lindsey and Benmont--how fantastic would that be. Have to assume Christine won't be handling keyboards anymore for him. No Buck/Vie II
Old 04-17-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dream would be a collaboration featuring Lindsey and Jeremy Spencer. I've always thought Jeremy circa Kiln House and Lindsey circa Tusk/Law and Order were kindred spirits. Together they could produce yet another "duo album" this time called Buckingham Spencer featuring a dead penguin somewhere on the cover with a BS logo on its chest.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just listening to the early version of Crystal that got released on the deluxe edition a few months ago. His voice on it is to die for and it made me all sad
Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 PM

I actually had a great experience with a friend.

He said he absolutely would not go see BuckVie because Stevie wasn't going to be there. I bought tickets anyway and forced him.

He could not shut up about how much he loved Christine and Lindsey together.
He was screaming during NGBA and by the time YMLF came on he was dancing.
** I also made him listen to the CD a few times. He loved it.

He made tons of videos and said if they ever come back he's there. He was front row center.

The sold out crowd was on fire. It was really an amazing show on a warm night outdoors at the beautiful Greek Theater in Los Angeles.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
My dream would be a collaboration featuring Lindsey and Jeremy Spencer. I've always thought Jeremy circa Kiln House and Lindsey circa Tusk/Law and Order were kindred spirits. Together they could produce yet another "duo album" this time called Buckingham Spencer featuring a dead penguin somewhere on the cover with a BS logo on its chest.
In all seriousness, this is a not-uninteresting proposition. It could be called JEREMY SPENCER AND THE ANGRIEST DOG.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

** I also made him listen to the CD a few times...
Now that's just mean!