The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default IMAX - Adventures in Wild California (2000)

English | 720p HDTV | MKV | x264 1280×720 4000Kbps 23.976fps | AC3 384Kbps 6CH 48KHz | 00:41:21 | 1.27GB

Whoa! Dude, this is so rad you won’t believe it! It’s a 42-minute IMAX movie made by MacGillivray Freeman Films, the same guys who made that Everest film, and it is awesome. They filmed all kinds of cool stuff that people do in California–you know, like skysurfing, extreme surfing (dude, wait till you check out the size of these waves!), climbing monster sequoia trees, and walking up to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge. There’s a piece about Walt Disney and the first Mickey Mouse cartoon, too. And even if you don’t have an IMAX theater in your house, you can still see how amazing the film techniques they used to shoot this stuff are (in fact, there’s a 24-minute documentary explaining how they did it). And to top it off, the narration is read by Jimmy Smits, and there are a few tunes by Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. Man, this is sweet.

http://ragyn.com/blog/unclassed/imax...lifornia-2000/
Old 09-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be very interesting to put this in my Netflix queue just to read the credits.

They do GYOW, SYHA and Twist of Fate. The big question is whether the song is called Twist of Fate in the credits. If it is, I just want to shake Lindsey until his teeth rattle.

Actually though, I think RPTF is the better title. Michele
Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Actually though, I think RPTF is the better title. Michele
Well, if that's the case (and Lindsey clearly thought so), then why couldn't he do any better than leave the original recording ("Twist of Fate") intact? It was called "Twist of Fate"- this is a FACT. He (apparently) just assumed his vocals were sufficiently muddled enough that no one would notice the difference. I don't think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here. What artist gets away with changing the lyrics of a song without re-recording it to reflect the difference?

It would be nice if someone had the opportunity to ask him this question one of these days. Even though Lindsey would absolutely initially respond with his patented dumb guy "wha? I had no idea!" (as a fan in 2006 experienced when they point blank asked him about "Twist Of Fate"), maybe this time said fan would have the temerity to back it up with a few facts.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No one cared when he changed "plow your own hay" to "go your own way," so he thought it would be ok this time.

Michele
Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
No one cared when he changed "plow your own hay" to "go your own way," so he thought it would be ok this time.

Michele
hahahahaha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 09-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Registered

There you go. Concrete proof.

If only someone would leak the Sarah McLachlan duet version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twistoffate.jpg (43.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 09-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
OMG is that for real????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a major revelation. I honestly thought it was just a mix-up from the bootlegs.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perfect, Luke! We only got a half minute of it in Wild California, so I wasn't sure it would be listed, but I suspected.

Honestly, Lindsey would be so shocked if he was talking to a fan and they mentioned this to him.

Michele
Old 09-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post

If only someone would leak the Sarah McLachlan duet version
CRAZY! I effing love this song! I prefer the demo version to whats on GOS!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Finally, the mystery of why he wore that stupid straw hat in 1982 is solved.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There was never any question in my mind that "Twist of Fate" was the original title. I didn't just make it up. I have no idea why he changed the title later.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be lovely to see him perform this in concert, just to see how he'll handle the words. Or is his plan to mumble so much that the exact lyrics will be indecipherable? Well, I suppose his plan is never to do this in concert.

Michele
Old 09-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone think it's possible he was just annoyed that his GOS demos were leaked and he changed the title as a petulant gesture? We knew Twist of Fate and the others before the IMAX movie came out correct?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Does anyone think it's possible he was just annoyed that his GOS demos were leaked and he changed the title as a petulant gesture? We knew Twist of Fate and the others before the IMAX movie came out correct?
I don't think so just because I know a fan asked him about the song, around UTS I think, and he couldn't even recall it.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I don't think so just because I know a fan asked him about the song, around UTS I think, and he couldn't even recall it.
Yeah but there was a question about whether or not he really didn't remember it or was pretending not to, and if it was already released for the IMAX film I'm sure he would have remembered the song! Of course I'm just speculating.