The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why is virtually every picture of Stevie Nicks?

are there no other members of the band???

Gail
Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
why the hell are we getting updates on how many page views this thread is getting? anyone who wants to know can look on the main page, just like for every other thread.

at this point, i really don't get the point of this thread at all.
From what I gathered, Mark generously taking us on the Tusk Tour-day to day and dowloading pics and boots if he has them...I think it's great-I happen to bew one of the "veiwers"....
Old 01-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...but we aren't talking about the tour. it's just random pictures and articles that are already in the BLA. a day-by-day, stop-by-stop breakdown of the tour is the idea, but this looks like it's just turned into one more opportunity to spam the fleetwood mac board with stevie pictures, "break" or not.

where's the discussion? where're mick, john, chris, and lindsey? i'm sorry, i'm really not trying to be rude, but this just looks like attention whoring with the post view count and what not. if nothing was going on with the tour worth talking about, why all the uselessness? why not just skip ahead to the next thing? i guess i just don't understand the need to follow it in real time. for all the shows that didn't have articles or bootlegs, what's the point in waiting for that day to pop up just to read what venue it was?

Last edited by Sarah; 01-09-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
LB loves to be in bare feet!!! lolol i love it
I like how creative people get with their footwear.

I can't tell what John's wearing....

And check out how close that cigarette is to Lindsey's Head/Hair. It reminds me of the Michael Jackson Pepsi accident.

Last edited by Betsy; 01-09-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blimey there are other members of Fleetwood Mac and not just Stevie!

Gail
Old 01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...but we aren't talking about the tour.
I'm trying to think of something to say about the tusk tour that I haven't said already at some point. I need some inspiration.

I took Baton Rouge 1978 MP3s with me to the gym the other day. The playing (the attack, the licks, the riffs, the vamps, the tramps & the champs), the mixing & the generally dry signals on all the mics (maybe that's just because of the soundboard) all remind me of the first leg of the tusk tour -- shows like St. Louis, Rochester, Providence, the Garden.

Makes sense, because only a smidgin over one year separated these tour legs. In fact, in many ways specific to sonics & performance, the 1978 tour is closer to the tusk tour than to the rumours tour proper (1977). Even Stevie's & Lindsey's voices are indistinguishable from August 1978 to October 1979. The big difference is -- as you all know by now -- that Christine's chunky, legato-free Hohner was replaced by the sustain-heavy Yamaha CP, which brought an entirely different ambience to songs like Rhiannon & Dreams. In fact, this is one of the rare examples where the keyboardist's actual riffs are dictated by the type of instrument: Chris played Dreams verses with a different riff in 1978 (on the Hohner) & in 1979 (on the Yamaha).

I also believe that Christine's personality changed around this time. She grew harsher, more anxiety-ridden, more prone to sudden fits of violence & disquietude.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
In fact, this is one of the rare examples where the keyboardist's actual riffs are dictated by the type of instrument: Chris played Dreams verses with a different riff in 1978 (on the Hohner) & in 1979 (on the Yamaha).
Hmm. That's interesting. I have the Baton Rouge mp3s... which other version of Dreams should I listen to when trying to hear the best example of the change?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is a great thread! Brings back wonderful memories. True, I have most all of these articles in their orig. form tucked away in a trunk someplace, but I love rereading them here. I wish ppl would post more pics from the Tusk era - imo the best of the Mac eras. If ppl don't like or appreicate this thread, don't read it.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
If ppl don't like or appreicate this thread, don't read it.
It's not too much to ask that a thread titled "Tusk Tour 1979 - 1980" be about - oh my freakin god, imagine it - the Tusk tour in 1979 and 1980! It's not called the "here's some pictures of Stevie during the Rumours and FM album tours" thread or "check out these articles that are already posted on this site" thread.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It's not too much to ask that a thread titled "Tusk Tour 1979 - 1980" be about - oh my freakin god, imagine it - the Tusk tour in 1979 and 1980! It's not called the "here's some pictures of Stevie during the Rumours and FM album tours" thread or "check out these articles that are already posted on this site" thread.
I myself have enjoyed the thread, and it has wandered off track, but even when it has, it's a way of keeping interest in it.
Fleetwood Mac wasnt onstage in Jan 1980, so there's nothing specific to post right now.
After all, many a thread has gone page after page when a few people decided to hijack it by bickering.
So if someone feels like the other band members are being ignored, why not start threads on those who are left out.
I dont mind Stevie being the focus of attention, and as someone pointed out- there she was center stage and pretty much the visual focus of the band since 1975. IMO.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chill out. Where are these articles on this site other than this thread? I can't find them.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
Chill out. Where are these articles on this site other than this thread? I can't find them.
I'm not unchill, so save yourself some trouble. I'm just making a point. There is a Stevie forum for Stevie based stuff. This is the group forum. It'd be nice to see some pictures of the group if a picture thread is what this is going to become. Again, not irrational.

Pretty much any article you could ever want to read about FM or any of its "components" can be found in the ridiculously extensive Blue Letter Archives. http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/

Last edited by Sarah; 01-09-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm. That's interesting. I have the Baton Rouge mp3s... which other version of Dreams should I listen to when trying to hear the best example of the change?
Check out Providence or Rochester -- any of them, really. The degree of the weighted action as well as the actual sound (& the absence or presence of the damper) are what account for the differences.

Do you agree with me that the style of playing in the band was most similar from the 1978 tour to the 1979 tour?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

318 people have read this thread in the last 24 hours! The most ever for this thread in a 24 hour time period!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not unchill, so save yourself some trouble. I'm just making a point. There is a Stevie forum for Stevie based stuff. This is the group forum. It'd be nice to see some pictures of the group if a picture thread is what this is going to become. Again, not irrational.

Pretty much any article you could ever want to read about FM or any of its "components" can be found in the ridiculously extensive Blue Letter Archives. http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/
But isn't Tusk the whole group? BTW, thanks for the link. I had no idea.