Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Unleashed 2009 album

Will there be an offically released recording of the Unleashed tour? According to the Discography on Wikipedia (but who trusts wikipedia) there will be. Sure hope so, but anyone know for sure?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Christcore! I'm certainly not a moderator or even close, but you'd probably have better luck asking your question over in the 'Rumours' Forum, where they focus on Stevie/Lindsey/Mick & John. In this quiet little corner of the Ledge, we're primarily focused on the guys (and one gal) who came after that line-up. (Although Mick news is usually posted here, but that's another story.)

However, I'm glad you posted here ---- with a tantalizing thread title like'Unleashed 2009 album', you brought a bunch of viewers scurrying over here who wouldn't have stopped by otherwise. Thanks!

About that Unleashed record -- or was it a DVD you had in mind? Who knows -- with this band, they might release it in 2018 as the Re-Mastered Re-Unleashed Classic Hits Tour Compilation Revisited. And there are plenty of fans who would buy it. However, there are so many Ledgie videos of the Unleashed tour, we could probably put together a pretty good DVD ourselves.

Let's see, Peter Green's song OH WELL is part of the Unleashed tour, isn't it? Well, here's a video of that song, done by a Fleetwood band. Not the band you're probably looking for, but a great vid, anyway.

Last edited by OldTimer; 06-06-2009 at 03:15 PM..
Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Hi Christcore! I'm certainly not a moderator or even close, but you'd probably have better luck asking your question over in the 'Rumours' Forum, where they focus on Stevie/Lindsey/Mick & John. In this quiet little corner of the Ledge, we're primarily focused on the guys (and one gal) who came after that line-up. (Although Mick news is usually posted here, but that's another story.)

However, I'm glad you posted here ---- with a tantalizing thread title like'Unleashed 2009 album', you brought a bunch of viewers scurrying over here who wouldn't have stopped by otherwise. Thanks!

About that Unleashed record -- or was it a DVD you had in mind? Who knows -- with this band, they might release it in 2018 as the Re-Mastered Re-Unleashed Classic Hits Tour Compilation Revisited. And there are plenty of fans who would buy it. However, there are so many Ledgie videos of the Unleashed tour, we could probably put together a pretty good DVD ourselves.

Let's see, Peter Green's song OH WELL is part of the Unleashed tour, isn't it? Well, here's a video of that song, done by a Fleetwood band. Not the band you're probably looking for, but a great vid, anyway.

why wasn't that on blue again?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks for the info. I will go post it over there, maybe a moderator can delete this one or something. I was pretty confused by the Rumours/Post-Rumours thing. I thought it meant the album not the lineup.
That said, I dont know if it was a record or a dvd...or both. That would be cool! I just hope they release something officially so I can have some way to remember that experience!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome video OldTimer!! Thanks for posting!! Rick rocks the house, as usual!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
why wasn't that on blue again?
I'm assuming it wasn't on "Blue Again" because Lindsey is doing it on the "Unleashed" tour. Probably trying to avoid over exposure.

That's an assumption on my part, but it makes sense.

I've always liked Rick's renditions of Peter's material. Totally blew me away in 1987 when I saw them at the Cow Palace in San Francisco and Rick did "I Loved Another Woman". If you watch the "Tango In The Night" video that was recorded there, during that track you get a nice shot of Mick at the drums. His eyes are closed and you can almost picture him going back to London or somewhere in 1968 during that song. They did a killer version of "Oh Well" on that tour also with Billy singing lead.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
They did a killer version of "Oh Well" on that tour also with Billy singing lead.
The version on the B-side of the "As Long As You Follow" single, recorded during that 87/88 tour is, to me, the best live "Oh Well" ever recorded by any incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

The original 2 part studio version from Then Play On is still "king of all OH WELLs", though.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The version on the B-side of the "As Long As You Follow" single, recorded during that 87/88 tour is, to me, the best live "Oh Well" ever recorded by any incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

The original 2 part studio version from Then Play On is still "king of all OH WELLs", though.
Which begs the question, does someone have that available to download?

Matt
Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ahh, I still don't understand that, Steve, when I bought that single back then and played it, I was shocked about the ugliness off that version. I remember screaming "oh no! Not with Oh Well!, this is unforgivable".

But I agree on the original 2 part studio-remark....

Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Which begs the question, does someone have that available to download?

Matt
Haven't got a clue as to download availability, but I would agree that the "Tango" tour version of "Oh Well", for me, ranks among the best live versions by any incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. Rick Vito's playing is the closest to Peter's on those songs of anyone since Peter left the group, hands down. I would also 100% agree with your comments on the original 2 part "Oh Well". It should be ranked as one of the greatest songs ever in my opinion.

I'm sure you've heard "Blue Again". Play any track of Peter's that Rick covered and then play Rick's version. They aren't that far apart. I guess that's why I don't understand some people's dislike of Rick while part of FM. It just doesn't make sense. I think it mainly comes from the fact that neither he nor Billy were Lindsey. The problem, I think, is that people just don't want to look at the history of the band and see that change is a constant factor with FM. The music takes on a certain style or feel when different people have been in the band. FM wasn't the same after Peter left. "Oh Well" sounded different when played by Bob Welch, I'm sure. Just as it sounds different when played by Lindsey or Rick, or Billy, or non FM versions from other guitarists.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Rick's. (Just admitting my bias.)
Old 07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
I guess that's why I don't understand some people's dislike of Rick while part of FM. It just doesn't make sense. I think it mainly comes from the fact that neither he nor Billy were Lindsey.
Exactly, sj. It's not surprising that Gerald is so negative about the Billy/Rick version. I sure don't hear the 'ugliness' of it - quite the opposite. I guess Mac fandom would be pretty damn boring if we all had he same tastes.....
Quote:
The problem, I think, is that people just don't want to look at the history of the band and see that change is a constant factor with FM.
Change is definitely one constant - the other is the unmatchable rhythm backbone of Fleetwood/McVie (although Fleetwood/Castellanos is a close second in my book! )
Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Exactly, sj. It's not surprising that Gerald is so negative about the Billy/Rick version. I sure don't hear the 'ugliness' of it - quite the opposite. I guess Mac fandom would be pretty damn boring if we all had he same tastes.....

Change is definitely one constant - the other is the unmatchable rhythm backbone of Fleetwood/McVie (although Fleetwood/Castellanos is a close second in my book! )
Took the words right out of my mouth old buddy!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

TOUCHDOWN. That's exactly why I'm here. I think I've only ever looked in this part of the forum once or twice before