The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one. If the tour sells decently enough they'll probably end up playing most of the international shows they usually do.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Exactly, as fans who don't want to see FM without LB and no solo tour being announced we are losing out in every way.

However as LB doesn't tour outside the US, international fans are the ones who miss out on every level.

Obviously LB will do what he wants in the future to make him happy, but do you now understand why some fans 'selfishly' want him to return to FM some day as it may be the only chance they get to see him play again?
At the fundraiser event from a while back, a few fans who went said he told them he plans on touring in the fall. But considering that it's mid-July now and nothing has even gotten close to being announced, I think it's possible that situation has changed.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Unlike many, much as I love Lindsey, I am really excited to see the new line up. I was so excited that I bought a ticket for Sacramento with no thoughts as to how much it would cost me to get there from sydney Australia. So I don't think I will make it to Sacramento and there will sadly be an empty chair.
That's a bummer. I don't know what your budget is but have you checked out CheapoAir? Unfortunately the Sacramento date is around Thanksgiving and that can be a horribly expensive time to fly here.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Exactly, as fans who don't want to see FM without LB and no solo tour being announced we are losing out in every way.

However as LB doesn't tour outside the US, international fans are the ones who miss out on every level.

Obviously LB will do what he wants in the future to make him happy, but do you now understand why some fans 'selfishly' want him to return to FM some day as it may be the only chance they get to see him play again?
Hmmm, I was talking about losses on both sides of FM people, not fans.

I have no idea who you are but fans wanting Lindsey back on FM has nothing to do with their only chance of seeing him. As far as we know it could be the only chance for all of us, and I still say: "no, thank you".

Fans trashing Stevie and then waiting for Lindsey to return to FM so they could pay big bucks to see him and also her and Mick by association makes no sense to me. To you maybe, but not to me.

It has nothing to do with international fans. Many of them traveled last year to see Stevie but not Lindsey and Christine. And many of them won't see the band ever again, with or without Lindsey.

Why waste your time blaming Stevie and Mick if you will see them again in concert if Lindsey returns one day?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Unlike many, much as I love Lindsey, I am really excited to see the new line up. I was so excited that I bought a ticket for Sacramento with no thoughts as to how much it would cost me to get there from sydney Australia. So I don't think I will make it to Sacramento and there will sadly be an empty chair.

Do you think I will get the opportunity to see my favourite band in Sydney?
i hope they DON'T tour.
i don't want this sham band polluting my country with their karaoke
Old 07-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
With Neil Finn co-headlining, Aus and NZ sound like their best potential markets, so if profitability is an issue, maybe they should just pack up and relocate to Australia permanently.

Lots of wineries for Mick to run, apartments for Stevie to dance around, and coral reefs for John to sail. And less volcanoes and earthquakes for Christine.

I can already picture what Mick would say. "Fleetwood Mac has always been an Australian band, from day one."
SOLD TO AUS/NZ--You can have em.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That's a bummer. I don't know what your budget is but have you checked out CheapoAir? Unfortunately the Sacramento date is around Thanksgiving and that can be a horribly expensive time to fly here.
I think the iheart radio gig in September will be the litmus test for the real reception of the karaoke spectacle they look to be evolving into . if US ticket sales pick up post, there may be a shot at some international exposure. Otherwise, I really think this has the risk of being a one shot US only tour.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i hope they DON'T tour.
i don't want this sham band polluting my country with their karaoke
Absolutely! Karaoke indeed.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Absolutely! Karaoke indeed.
Any more karaoke than the LBCM tour, if we’re being honest?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-17-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Didn't like that Karoake either, but really don't want to see a fake FM. I bet if they do a concert video we will get those EXTREMELY cheesy Stevie closeups that were CRINGE inducing on the Shake the Cage tour. OMFG was it embarrassing. LB would have never let that happen, but happen it will with tambourine b/witch now in charge.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Didn't like that Karoake either, but really don't want to see a fake FM.
So don’t see Stretch.

Quote:
I bet if they do a concert video we will get those EXTREMELY cheesy Stevie closeups that were CRINGE inducing on the Shake the Cage tour.
Just like her Red Rocks video. Like we wouldn’t notice her hair, makeup, and wardrobe changed? I mean, if she’s the reason why they were popular, shouldn’t she also be blamed for why they became unpopular, these videos as primary evidence????

Quote:
OMFG was it embarrassing.
The worst.

Quote:
LB would have never let that happen
No, he just made a Fleetwood Mac album, let it be credited to a different entity, went along with the whole duet album story, used a ton of prerecorded backing tracks during concerts, and admitted he was just doing Fleetwood Mac shows for the money. Yeah, that’s way better.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably not. BUT,LB and CM ARE FM. And old.

Tom Petty's Crowded House ain't FM.

You love supporting this lineup. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it.

Btw, we get it.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, he just made a Fleetwood Mac album, let it be credited to a different entity, went along with the whole duet album story, used a ton of prerecorded backing tracks during concerts, and admitted he was just doing Fleetwood Mac shows for the money. Yeah, that’s way better.
Yeah, he probably should have lied like all those a**holes that used to be his bandmates. Maybe he would be in a better place right now.

And that different entity was courtesy of sweet liar Stevie. I bet she wasn’t expecting it and that’s the only reason why I still love LBCM.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Probably not. BUT,LB and CM ARE FM. And old.

Tom Petty's Crowded House ain't FM.

You love supporting this lineup. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it.

Btw, we get it.
Just like we really get you don’t support it. I’m just giving some balance. I don’t “love” it. “It” hasn’t even happened, yet. It could be awful. It won’t be, at least not because of the new guys. Bob Welch wasn’t FM in 1971 and Lindsey and Stevie weren’t FM in 1975. It becomes something, and my curiosity is strong.

What would the upcoming tour have had with Lindsey that would make it worthwhile without new material? “Let’s play THIS song from ‘Tusk…’" Unless it was a farewell tour, what compelling reason would there be to go? I agree it’s OGB’s fault, but I also get the equation. Old FM songs, maybe something new, perhaps my favorite pop song of the 80s, and a great guitarist. It could be much worse.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-17-2018, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, he probably should have lied like all those a**holes that used to be his bandmates. Maybe he would be in a better place right now.
Probably wouldn’t be out of a gig. But when was playing along with karaoke ever honest?

Quote:
And that different entity was courtesy of sweet liar Stevie. I bet she wasn’t expecting it and that’s the only reason why I still love LBCM.
She should have been fired back in 2005. I’m not a Stevie fan, and I get the feeling you think because my name used to be Steve MacDougall that your Stevie digs are somehow offensive to me. Rest assured, they are not. I am not a Stevie fan or a Lindsey fan. Mick, John, and Christine are my interests with this band.

THE Stephen Hopkins