Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart I have to express what I'm feeling

It's late and I'm a newbie to the Ledge - and yes, drink has been taken - BUT I'm lying here in the dark in my living room, after a night out with friends, sent the spouse to bed alone, and i'm listening -- really LISTENING to 'Tusk' for the first time in a good fifteen years and I have to say that the conclusion I'm coming to is that Stevie is head and shoulders a far, FAR better songwriter and singer than Chris or Lindsey. In fact, it's emabarrassing how piss poor Lindsey's lyrics are on this album.
'Sara' and 'Angel' are classics. In fact, given that 'Sisters of the Moon' and 'Beautiful Child' also grace this album, it's astonishing that anyone would find anything OTHER than Stevie's tracks in ANY way memorable.
She's the real deal. God bless her. xx
Old 05-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome! and i agree - but...why is this in the Post-Rumours thread?

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dude, I cannot agree with a single sentence in that entire post.

Also, you're in the wrong forum. This board is for the post-Rumours era line-ups of the band (Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason and discussions on the albums Behind the Mask and Time) not for just any album released after Rumours. You should have posted this in the Rumours forum.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default oops

sorry, i thought 'post-rumours' meant album-wise - so 'Tusk' was post-Rumours? glad to be steered to the right place
Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default having admitted to ****wittery

where the hell SHOULD i post my ramblings on this subject?
peace
Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Under the link/title of each forum is a description of what is supposed to be discussed there.

The description of the Post-Rumours forum is "Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, and Dave Mason."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
where the hell SHOULD i post my ramblings on this subject?
peace
As stated in my previous post, this should have gone in the Rumours forum. Since "Rumours" refers to the Rumours-era Line-up: Mick, John, Lindsey, Christine (though Say You Will discussions go in the Rumours forum as well), and Stevie.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 05-29-2010 at 09:22 PM..
Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks, miss Vicky
I will try to follow the rules
(kinda psyched that you're out there at all right now)
xx
Old 05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're welcome.

You should probably contact a moderator to have this thread moved to the appropriate forum. You'll get more replies once it's in the Rumours forum anyway, as the Post-Rumours era fans are few (though dedicated) and this forum doesn't get much traffic.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Dude, I cannot agree with a single sentence in that entire post.

Also, you're in the wrong forum. This board is for the post-Rumours era line-ups of the band (Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason and discussions on the albums Behind the Mask and Time) not for just any album released after Rumours. You should have posted this in the Rumours forum.
I totally agree! "Over & Over", "Think About Me", "Brown Eyes", "Never Forget Tonight", all not worthy of comparison with Stevie's songs on "Tusk"?????? Really??? I hardly think so.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
I totally agree! "Over & Over", "Think About Me", "Brown Eyes", "Never Forget Tonight", all not worthy of comparison with Stevie's songs on "Tusk"?????? Really??? I hardly think so.

Those are good songs, too, but I'm more of a Lindsey fan.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default second attempt at intercourse

yeh, um ...
well, i've been lurking on the board for a week r so and learned that a sexy subject line goes a long way
BUT point is: you have to picture the scene...
I used to play music for a living - briefly and without notoriety - but my old friend that i did this with rolled thu town last night and reminded me of how much i loved the Mac and Stevie in the 'old days', so here i am sitting up late with the headphones on ( sent the old man to bed) and I thought: 'I'm gonna listen to Tusk'.......
So anyway, I posted something on the 'post-Rumours' forum and got a very deep emotional connection from the lovely people there which basically amounted to 'YOU'RE IN THE WRONG FRICKIN PLACE, BONEHAD!' LOL!!
Anyhoo, feelin all warm n' fuzzy...
I jus LUUUUUUV Stevie's tracks on 'Tusk' - make me cry, make me smile, make me wanna go wake up my man and make out
peace, everyone
xx
Old 05-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
yeh, um ...
well, i've been lurking on the board for a week r so and learned that a sexy subject line goes a long way
BUT point is: you have to picture the scene...
I used to play music for a living - briefly and without notoriety - but my old friend that i did this with rolled thu town last night and reminded me of how much i loved the Mac and Stevie in the 'old days', so here i am sitting up late with the headphones on ( sent the old man to bed) and I thought: 'I'm gonna listen to Tusk'.......
So anyway, I posted something on the 'post-Rumours' forum and got a very deep emotional connection from the lovely people there which basically amounted to 'YOU'RE IN THE WRONG FRICKIN PLACE, BONEHAD!' LOL!!
Anyhoo, feelin all warm n' fuzzy...
I jus LUUUUUUV Stevie's tracks on 'Tusk' - make me cry, make me smile, make me wanna go wake up my man and make out
peace, everyone
xx
i'm starting to like you already! post some more - don't be shy!

I do agree: Stevie's songs were OUTSTANDING, but Linds and Chris had some of their stronger moments on that album as well: ("Save Me a Place", "Tusk", "Never Forget", Brown Eyes")

all in all, there really were no filler tracks - everything there was AMAZING!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Streetangel,
Thanks for your reply. Can u tel me whf i'm doin wrong here? I thought i'd gone to right forum n all? I cna't be arsed with gettin aggro from people. I just want to share a feeling.
Peace 2 u.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't help but agree that, on Tusk, the five Stevie songs wipe the floor with Lindsey and Christine's contributions.

Tusk is a brilliant song, and Think About Me is a brilliant song, but the star of Tusk is Stevie, in my opinion, every one of her songs is stellar. Christine and Lindsey both have a few filler tracks (Don't shoot me! xD)

Then again, I hate to be so negative about the other two, so on a positive note - everything Christine does on Tango craps all over Stevie's work on that album from a very great height, and nothing would have been possible without Lindsey's production.

In short. Stevie > Lindsey + Christine on Tusk
Christine > Lindsey > Stevie on Tango In The Night.

Then again, with Lindsey, I've always felt that song-writing isn't his strong point, it's all about the production. As for Stevie, she's a good writer, but she's normally only as good as the person she collaborates with, and on Tusk, her songs wouldn't have been as brilliant as they were without Lindsey's productions.

Christine's the most consistent member, but I feel she brought sub-par material, for the most part, on Tusk - and then wiped the floor with all of them on Tango.

/Ramble.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, you're entitled to your opinion of course, as am i
peace?