User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSATX View Post
I see so much hate for Stevie about Lindsey being kicked out of the band, because people state that she just wants to be in control, etc, etc. Does anyone think Lindsey's past abuse of Stevie might have played some role in the decision to axe him from the band? We've all seen the accounts of Lindsey hassling Stevie on stage, and the other band members being pissed off about it. And when Lindsey left before the Tango in the Night tour, Mick alluded to the possibility of Lindsey hitting Stevie during their confrontation, since they had all seen it before. Makes me wonder how abusive to her he might have been when they were still together. And Carol Ann Harris details in her book the abuse she received from Lindsey, including awful things that happened right in front of Christine. Does anyone think maybe the rest of the band was happy to see him go because he was just a really big a-hole?
I seriously doubt it. And Carol Ann Harris has zero credibility within the inner circle of Fleetwood Mac. Her book is desperate money-grabbing gossip rag.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
I think I heard maybe he was fired because it was discovered he owned slaves. He had to go.
I heard he was fired because he suggested that they might purchase the babies of the poor in each city they visited on tour and cook them for dinner; he argued that this would not only save money on catering, but also help the economy by reducing the number of people on Welfare long-term in addition to the immediate cash benefit for the mothers.

He likes to do things concurrently.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-23-2018 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I seriously doubt it. And Carol Ann Harris has zero credibility within the inner circle of Fleetwood Mac. Her book is desperate money-grabbing gossip rag.
And yet her book stood up to a vetting process of her publishers attorneys and has been corroborated (certain parts) by others in the inner circle.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know - there's always something so pathetic and stalkerly about these people who were connected to the band, not for their talent, but because they were groupies who found a way in.
I've heard from a lot of credible people that her book is garbage and should have been in check out lines at mainstream grocery stores instead of book stores or on amazon.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=HejiraNYC;1241863] That being said, if, nothing else, the book seems to be meticulously researched.

Courtesy of America's most trusted news source, the New York Post.

Quote:
At a concert in Wellington, New Zealand, Buckingham tried to trip Nicks onstage and began imitating her moves. While Nicks was singing “Rhiannon,” the guitarist stopped playing and attempted to kick her.

The rest of the band was shocked, but only singer Christine McVie confronted him about it. Buckingham, who reportedly never apologized, has stated that he doesn’t remember the incident.

"Meticulously researched" -hahahaha, it is so poorly researched it makes my blood boil. This kicking incident for one was NOT in Wellington, NOT in Australia at all, but AUCKLAND...its very easy to find the correct location if you spend 3 seconds on Google.

And as for LB denying or not remembering this incident taking place, please refer to the interview below when Lindsey ADMITS how unprofessional his behaviour was and that Clapton was considered as his replacement. How can a journalist writing this book get it SO WRONG???

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...n-gang-243176/
Old 10-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Why was this thread created?
The "metoo" movement is about rape and sexual assault.
Even if Lindsey did indeed smack Carol Ann and Stevie around, it has nothing to do with the "metoo" movement.
This thread should be deleted.
Lindsey isn't a rapist.
I agree. I have little trouble believing he smacked Carol Ann around and possibly Stevie even after the New Zealand incident but I have never heard of a sexual assault allegation.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I don't know - there's always something so pathetic and stalkerly about these people who were connected to the band, not for their talent, but because they were groupies who found a way in.
I've heard from a lot of credible people that her book is garbage and should have been in check out lines at mainstream grocery stores instead of book stores or on amazon.
Probably some of the very same folks who claimed he never hit her at all... They and you know who they are.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSATX View Post
Does anyone think maybe the rest of the band was happy to see him go because he was just a really big a-hole?
Disagree about the metoo angle but his being an a-hole is definitely one a factor of him being fired, despite what others post here. Otherwise this would not have happened.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I heard he was fired because he suggested that they might purchase the babies of the poor in each city they visited on tour and cook them for dinner; he argued that this would not only save money on catering, but also help the economy by reducing the number of people on Welfare long-term in addition to the immediate cash benefit for the mothers.

He likes to do things concurrently.
This sounds like one of Lindsey's speeches.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread should be deleted because the me too movement isn't about domestic violence. That is a serious issue don't get me wrong, but that just isn't what the movement is really advocating about, they're very different issues.

And either way I don't think what he did back then has anything at all to do with this situation. They would've fired him back then if they really cared about that type of thing. Not when he's almost 70 and has been married for 20 years and has a bunch of teenage kids.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This thread should be deleted because the me too movement isn't about domestic violence. That is a serious issue don't get me wrong, but that just isn't what the movement is really advocating about, they're very different issues.

And either way I don't think what he did back then has anything at all to do with this situation. They would've fired him back then if they really cared about that type of thing. Not when he's almost 70 and has been married for 20 years and has a bunch of teenage kids.
I agree. It's obscene having his name associated with this thread. Was he ever an a**hole? Yeah. There's a HUGE difference between that and sexual assault.

But there are a few people here on a witch hunt, who don't mind dragging his name through the mud, all for the purpose of raising up their delusional queen.

This thread needs to be gone.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
"Meticulously researched" -hahahaha, it is so poorly researched it makes my blood boil. This kicking incident for one was NOT in Wellington, NOT in Australia at all, but AUCKLAND...its very easy to find the correct location if you spend 3 seconds on Google.
Nice try.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...ectid=10986356

Legendary New Zealand bluesman Hammond Gamble and his band, Street Talk, was the support act that night...
I gave Hammond a call this week... he remembered the important stuff.
"They were arguing among themselves," he said. "We were told to leave them alone and don't get near them." Hammond said the gig that followed at Western Springs was a good concert but Wellington was most definitely "meltdown night".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
And as for LB denying or not remembering this incident taking place, please refer to the interview below when Lindsey ADMITS how unprofessional his behaviour was and that Clapton was considered as his replacement. How can a journalist writing this book get it SO WRONG???

Again, nice try.

Quote:
Without quite denying such incidents, Buckingham looks genuinely a bit puzzled to hear them played back. “What I do remember,” he says, “is a show where I purposely sang much of the set out of tune. We got offstage, and everyone was irate, obviously. They were talking about firing me and getting Clapton. Very well-founded, because it was not a professional thing to do.”
Not a word about mocking Stevie, kicking Stevie or chucking a guitar at Stevie. So, yes, the biography was correct - he's still in denial. Also, I had no idea they considered replacing him with God, er, Clapton . I... just... couldn't imagine. I am in such awe of his incredible body of work. Admittedly, Clapton was completely f***ed out of his gourd on drugs and alcohol at the time, so even if they were able to line that up, it would have probably combusted at some point.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
"Whatsa menu?"
"Baby."
(beat)
"Whatsa menu?"
"Baby."
(beat)
"Whatsamenu?"
"... Baby! Baby!"
Old 10-24-2018, 03:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Worst thread ever! Please...smh
Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Ledgie

So who's the one with anger management issues?

"I think I got up and ran across the room and tried to kill him. I ran and attacked him." Stevie Nicks, Behind the Music