Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I've been to enough concerts to understand that sometimes we
get starstruck and we fool ourselves in to making the show or
performance better than it actually was.
This strikes me as such an odd comment to make in the context of overall concert experience. If you're there and enjoying the show (because you're "starstruck" or otherwise), then why does it matter if the performers miss a note here or there? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't limit my enjoyment. It's a natural part of seeing a live show.

If the suggestion is that they're off-key and missing notes throughout the entirety of the show, that's incorrect.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You can set your secrets free. See what I did there?
Don't you whisper in my ear, cuz I don't won't lay down for free.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
This strikes me as such an odd comment to make in the context of overall concert experience. If you're there and enjoying the show (because you're "starstruck" or otherwise), then why does it matter if the performers miss a note here or there? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't limit my enjoyment. It's a natural part of seeing a live show.

If the suggestion is that they're off-key and missing notes throughout the entirety of the show, that's incorrect.

First off let me thank you for being part of one of only nineteen posts in the
nearly seventeen years you've been here. I feel special.

Unless you're going to a magic show where you intentionally suspend belief in
truth or reality to be able to enjoy the show, one should enjoy (or not) the show
they're witnessing based on that particular performance and nothing else.
That's hard to do for super fans. It clouds our judgement most times.

Missing a note here or there? I guess it's according to how many times that
happens during the show to whether or not you can judge it as acceptable or
not. I don't think anyone on this message board has suggested that complete
concerts are like that on this Buckingham McVie Tour.

Some are acting like you can't judge at all what the recordings devices are
capturing on this tour, as imperfect as these devices are. Even knowing the
limitations of the recording equipment used you can still hear for yourself
what I've written about in previous posts.

The only natural part about seeing a live show where the performers are
nearing seventy years old is knowing beforehand that they can't possibly
be as good as they were in the distant past. And in accepting that, I believe
one can still enjoy a performance all things considered.

Remember this is coming from someone who wishes success for them. I
wouldn't have the new CD and vinyl if I weren't a fan.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I wonder if he could actually do that?
now THAT would be some talent!! He might have to have some help from a pre-recorded track.....
Old 07-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've posted my review of the Boston show on the Christine forum and also on my own website at http://www.nicepace.net/concerts/201...628buckvie.htm .
Old 07-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I've posted my review of the Boston show on the Christine forum and also on my own website at http://www.nicepace.net/concerts/201...628buckvie.htm .
i really enjoyed reading your review - thanks for sharing!! loved you description of what they do for GYOW.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Boston Globe review of the Boston show: https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/mus...lfO/story.html

A little more than halfway through Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie’s sparkling set on Wednesday night at Blue Hills Bank Pavilion, Buckingham recounted the process that led him and his Fleetwood Mac bandmate to record their own album (“Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie,” which came out earlier this month). “More often than not,” he said, “it’s hard to regain the moment you once had.” But McVie, who took 15 years off from performing with Fleetwood Mac before returning to the fold in 2014, and Buckingham, who stuck with the band, wound up connecting because of their being on similar paths during their time apart — not “chasing the brand and painting themselves into a corner,” as Buckingham put it, but following their muses. (Or, to borrow a phrase, going their own ways.)

“Our individual journeys brought us back together in a surprising and beautiful way,” he said. The pair and their backing band then launched into “Love Is Here to Stay,” a chiming track from their new album that revels in the way the two vocalists’ timbres brush up against and play off one another — McVie has a lilting alto, while Buckingham’s voice is all angles, with an upper register that adds searing exclamation points to his more impassioned moments.

The opening segment of Wednesday’s show, during which Buckingham and McVie performed without accompaniment, put that push-pull front and center. The duo shifted the tempo of the glittering “Rumours” track “Never Going Back Again” ever so slightly, keeping the animating acoustic guitar line intact while implying hesitancy; “Wish You Were Here” was sighing yet resolute. The pair’s low-lit album, which splits its 10 tracks between Buckingham compositions and songs written by both, explores that tension even further; longing permeates the gently swaying, duo-penned “Feel About You,” while the windswept feel of Buckingham’s crystalline “In My World” echoes its lyrics about missed chances and lost opportunity. The new songs got the full-band treatment, and while at times the sound mix felt a little off, burying the Buckingham/McVie dynamic in overdriven backing vocals and massive drums, the slightly off-kilter pop sensibility of tracks like the shuffling “Sleeping Around the Corner” and the hushed “Lay Down for Free” still stood out.

Fleetwood Mac have been part of pop’s DNA for decades now, with tracks like the charging kiss-off “Go Your Own Way” and the lightly effervescent “You Make Loving Fun” inspiring scores of musicians on multiple levels, from vocal arrangements to guitar technique. Their influence still reverberates at pop’s highest echelons, as evidenced by the country’s current No. 1 album, Lorde’s “Melodrama”; her vocal style owes more to Buckingham’s than some might realize. But the gusto with which Buckingham and McVie approached the night animated both their new material and classic cuts like “Hold Me” and “Little Lies”; the menacing Mac cut “Tusk,” in particular, allowed Buckingham’s guitar heroism and all-in stage presence to shine. Buckingham and McVie are responsible for some of the last half-century’s best-known albums, but Wednesday night showed that neither is content to sit back and let familiarity do the heavy lifting.

With The Wallflowers
Old 12-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bootleg from this show. It's a direct download.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12ixj7

Let me know if you can't download it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 12-02-2017 at 01:20 PM..