Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^
awesome.

I'm still stuck in this damn rut. I'm in Phase 2 of Southbeach and that makes life SO much better and easier. I'm trying to let go of the number on the scale and focus on getting more definition and a smaller waist in inches.
Good idea cuz the rut is in your head not on your body! You've worked so hard, nicely done.

I'd like to lose 13 more lbs, I lost that 15 but I'd love to get down another jean size to an 8. But I don't know if it's realistic because of finding the time to add more workouts and me being such a foodie. I'm not sure that last 13 is worth it. Yeah it is, I just have to find the right way to motivate myself.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I know how you feel Suze, you really have to decide how badly you want it. I don't kill myself exercising, but I remember months ago when Amber told me I may have to do cardio longer & more often, and I balked at that. Well, that's exactly what I had to do & it worked (along with tracking my diet more carefully & tweaking my WW points.) I just get up 15 minutes earlier than I used to & do cardio for at least 30 minutes (usually 45) 6 days a week. It's become routine now, not a planned event - wake up, get dressed, work out, eat breakfast, shower. Automatic part of my daily routine.

Jimmy - next run is the 20 minute one. Hopefully I won't keel over.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone still alive? I'm hanging in there, but several free gourmet meals (you know I won't pass up free food, esp. when it's realy good food) & a trip out of town have taken a slight toll - I'm up about 2 pounds. No big deal, I'm just putting myself back on track & keeping up with the exercise routine.

I hit another snag in the Cto5K routine - tried the 20 minute jog last week, but I got a nasty cramp barely 5 minutes in. Tried to walk it off & start the jog again, but my body wasn't having it. I think I've figured it out - if I have a meal that's larger than usual the night before, I can't run the next day. It's odd, and I don't like it. So, another excuse not to overdo it I suppose.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I'm the same. I got into a bit of trouble hanging out with Aunt Flo - she's such a bad influence, I don't know why I hang out with that c*nt. Anywhoo, has anyone tried the ben n jerry's called...californialicious or something? It is fudge covered waffle cone pieces with caramel, in vanilla ice cream. So Aunt Flo is all "Hey, Amber, look at that! Don't you love fudge covered waffle cone? You've never tried that kind, you should get it! Then, you should eat it all within a few minutes!"

B*tch.

nah, so, basically, I'm doing fine. I haven't gained, but of course I need to get back on the losing track.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I've met Flo. She's a whore.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HAHAHAHA Aunt Flo.

Ive hit a little bump in the road, eating wise, but it was my college orientation and I was nervous. I needed some food to cling on to.

Tonight I am doing the 28 minute run for the couch to 5k. Wish me luck!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just had a 45 minute Pilates work out. I am beat. Even getting my ass in the shower is too much to ask right now, my abdominal muscles are on fire.

Still on 16 pounds lost, still need to lose about 6 more.

B&J's is my enemy right now. They've just released their low fat Chocolate Brownie ice cream over here, and it keeps calling my name. Haunting me in my dreams even. Low fat ice cream is still bad, bad, bad, but oh so tempting.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ I've met Flo. She's a whore.
I know, you totally warned me, but I hung out with the slag anyways. Oh, man, you should see the trouble they get me into when she hangs out with any of the Doobie Brothers. They really feed off each other, I want to slap them.

Oh, and good luck Jimmeh!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 06-21-2007 at 04:05 PM..
Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Just had a 45 minute Pilates work out. I am beat. Even getting my ass in the shower is too much to ask right now, my abdominal muscles are on fire.

Still on 16 pounds lost, still need to lose about 6 more.

B&J's is my enemy right now. They've just released their low fat Chocolate Brownie ice cream over here, and it keeps calling my name. Haunting me in my dreams even. Low fat ice cream is still bad, bad, bad, but oh so tempting.
Wow, that is really good! Pilates is hard. 45 minutes, uh! 16 pounds is a lot, so it is worth it. I'm going to pretend I never heard of ice cream from now on.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not that anyone really wants to hear me complain about those damn 4 pounds again, but I'm still fighting them. getting much better tone in my shoulders that I noticed this week. I was taking my tshirt off to get in the showers and happened to glance at myself (not like that pervs) and saw that the top of my shoulders are getting some good definition. my stomach is getting really flat. now, to work on the obliques. I'm wearing a 32 size pant and could probably squeeze into a large 30.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
30-32 is pretty darn small. I don't mind you complaining about your 4 lbs. We all have our goals. Just don't be upset if it turns out you aren't supposed to lose that weight. I thought 32 - 30 was the smallest boys could be. And if you are getting toned, really toned, with awesome muscles, those four pounds will mean nothing. Yes, I think muscles and tone are more valuable than non fattitude, but still. 4 lbs is pretty much non fattitude. So get that tone up, rely on your new musclyness to get rid of those lbs, and/or disguise them, and if it doesn't (which I think it will), then totally realize that four lbs coupled with super tone and muscles is pretty much a non entity. If your muscles are popped, that four lbs won't even show. If you still find you can't lose those four lbs for awhile, just pop your muscles out more, do more weights. Trust. Either you will lose the lbs, or no one will be able to tell. Because muscly fat looks goodish.
Muscles. Rule. Pop.

Good job, MopKickah!!!! I wish I could sees you now. Even though you looked fine/beautiful before. Admittedly, though, you didn't look that muscly before. Now you probably do. Jazhands!

Last edited by amber; 06-28-2007 at 12:58 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
lol. thanks.

mopkickah! lol.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
getting much better tone in my shoulders that I noticed this week. I was taking my tshirt off to get in the showers and happened to glance at myself (not like that pervs) and saw that the top of my shoulders are getting some good definition. my stomach is getting really flat.
I wonder how that happened......

And I'm with Amber - maybe you're supposed to weight 4 pounds more than you planned.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder how that happened......

And I'm with Amber - maybe you're supposed to weight 4 pounds more than you planned.
god, I feel stupid cause I don't get the first part of this.

I do think you're probably right. I'll never weigh 155. boo. that's what I wanted to weigh.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No offense, but your original goal weight was probably a number you just pulled out of your ass because it sounded good. I'm with Amber and Paula on this one... it's not about the numbers. It's about the way you look and feel (and feel to others too! ). I would much rather be toned/defined and heavier than be "skinny fat," i.e., thin but soft. Muscle weighs more than fat, and if you are changing your body's composition, you have to take that into consideration.