User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
This tour has been put back and put back and put back some more already. I'm sure it was originally slated for 2017 but it was put back to late 2018 due to Stevie's plans. Would it have hurt to delay it a bit more? For the articles to say Lindsey wanted to focus on his solo work rather than a Fleetwood Mac tour skews things a bit. He's been open for some time about releasing a solo album early this year. Unfortunately he obviously hasn't been able to get it finished and released as early as he would have liked. I don't think he's said he wont do a FM tour- just sounds as if he asked for a short delay.
Well, they just got off the road in 2015 after two back-to-back tours. I think a break was needed especially since it’s not like there was going to be any new material for this next one.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Well, they just got off the road in 2015 after two back-to-back tours. I think a break was needed especially since it’s not like there was going to be any new material for this next one.
Why on Earth does a band need more than two years off?????
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film.
And that's why they're the most iconic band in the world. No one will ever be better than The Beatles. And I'm not even a Beatles fan.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Why on Earth does a band need more than two years off?????
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film./QUOTE]
The Beatles broke up after just 10 years.
This was a decent article, but some facts were skewed, such as "Tusk" being a #1 single. It was a top 10 single, but didn't crack the top 5, let alone #1.
Regardless, I think they should simply disband. How can they do a "farewell tour" without Buckingham? I am not going to buy a ticket.
I'll wait until the next solo Stevie Nicks tour.
I know everyone is assuming it's Stevie and Mick's fault. But we really don't know for sure what happened. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!
This is, as I said in another thread, the end of an era without a finale.
It sux.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1222363]
Quote:
The Beatles would have written, recorded and toured 4 albums in that time....and made a film./QUOTE]
This was a decent article, but some facts were skewed, such as "Tusk" being a #1 single. It was a top 10 single, but didn't crack the top 5, let alone #1.
Regardless, I think they should simply disband. How can they do a "farewell tour" without Buckingham? I am not going to buy a ticket.
I know everyone is assuming it's Stevie and Mick's fault. But we really don't know for sure what happened. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!
It sux.
well, can anyone realistically imagine it is due to John or Chris??

Besides, the insider sources who've been quoted have said that Stevie decided she could not work with him anymore and gave the band an ultimatum -- it's me or him.

He could have given them some kind of ultimatum too, but all the other tidbits say it was disagreement related to music for the tour.

Would she have wanted to do Stand Back and he said nope no more solo songs? Like wtf?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sux.
there were stories flying around for the last 2 months. everything that came out, whether leaking or in yesterday's statements, confirmed pieces of what we've been hearing.

they were negotiating the tour and how to do it, specifics, what we've been hearing goes. our 2 known explosive exes kept pushing each others' buttons. Lindsey was gonna tour solo in between Fleetwood Mac dates, the way Pretenders had some dates in between their shows with Stevie. they had entangled negotiations how, when, why, who like maybe how to advertise two tours. Lindsey was counting on Mac tour to help sort out his solo tour logistics. eventually after push and pull it ended up Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. she told Mick - it's him or me. Mick washed his hands of any guilt and went to promoters to ask whether they'll make more money of Lindsey-less or Stevie'-less tour. case closed of course! there was no option of the whole 5 tour on the table. they should have worked it out. instead they threw Lindsey out and went with the money.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1222400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post

there were stories flying around for the last 2 months. everything that came out, whether leaking or in yesterday's statements, confirmed pieces of what we've been hearing.

they were negotiating the tour and how to do it, specifics, what we've been hearing goes. our 2 known explosive exes kept pushing each others' buttons. Lindsey was gonna tour solo in between Fleetwood Mac dates, the way Pretenders had some dates in between their shows with Stevie. they had entangled negotiations how, when, why, who like maybe how to advertise two tours. Lindsey was counting on Mac tour to help sort out his solo tour logistics. eventually after push and pull it ended up Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. she told Mick - it's him or me. Mick washed his hands of any guilt and went to promoters to ask whether they'll make more money of Lindsey-less or Stevie'-less tour. case closed of course! there was no option of the whole 5 tour on the table. they should have worked it out. instead they threw Lindsey out and went with the money.

I feel silly even getting involved in this speculation, but why would Stevie have a problem with Lindsey doing solo shows? Why would she make it it's either him or me over him wanting to do some solo shows between the Fleetwood Mac tour? I don't understand the thought here. There has to be more.

I'm hoping we hear more when they start promoting the Fleetwood Mac tour. Unless they totally sidestep these obvious questions, we should find out more information within a few months. All this speculating does is spread more hate and anger.

Jamie
Old 04-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm hoping we hear more when they start promoting the Fleetwood Mac tour. Unless they totally sidestep these obvious questions, we should find out more information within a few months. All this speculating does is spread more hate and anger.
Jamie, I agree. Perfectly stated.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and more from a year ago. before everything became more clear.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
It sux.
Great post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’d say they need more than two years off when they’re only doing cash grab hits tours back to back and no longer producing new things. If it were the opposite (as in 1975-1982) I would totally agree.