The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rumours of Fleetwood Mac doing Caroline and TITN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nEllcalkQ0

I gotta give these folks major credit. They're doing Warm Ways, Caroline, and TITN. Not your standard tribute band and they don't make me wince/cringe like all other FM tributes.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

I gotta give these folks major credit. They're doing Warm Ways, Caroline, and TITN. Not your standard tribute band and they don't make me wince/cringe like all other FM tributes.
They also do Hold Me
Did you see the other thread discussion about this band? There are countless Rumours bands and Mick gets a cut of their profits and sanctions the bands.

I have always heard fantastic Mac cover bands. I think Tusk is better than any Rumours band I have seen.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

Yea, but are they doing I'm Not Me tracks?
Old 03-22-2024, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They also do Hold Me
Did you see the other thread discussion about this band? There are countless Rumours bands and Mick gets a cut of their profits and sanctions the bands.

I have always heard fantastic Mac cover bands. I think Tusk is better than any Rumours band I have seen.
Really? Are you saying there are countless Rumours of Fleetwood Mac bands? Really? I thought there was just one. It’s a franchise???

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-22-2024, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Really? Are you saying there are countless Rumours of Fleetwood Mac bands? Really? I thought there was just one. It’s a franchise???
There are several. At least.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes and they are promoted and blessed by Mick which implies he shares in the profit of the bands. There is at least one Rumours band in Europe, a few in the United States, and a cruise ship contract for several of them on Norwegian Cruise line ships.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm…..sorry guys. I’m really not convinced by this. I’ve seen Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and really enjoyed their show. It was slick.
I am aware they tour all over the world. Their website has dates in the UK, US and Europe. But none of those dates conflict. I know they have an arrangement with Fleetwood Bac to split their uk touring so neither band are doing uk shows at the same time.
I can only see one website and only one band on that website. I just think they are very active and tour all over. Just one band I really think.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-24-2024, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmmm…..sorry guys. I’m really not convinced by this. I’ve seen Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and really enjoyed their show. It was slick.
I am aware they tour all over the world. Their website has dates in the UK, US and Europe. But none of those dates conflict. I know they have an arrangement with Fleetwood Bac to split their uk touring so neither band are doing uk shows at the same time.
I can only see one website and only one band on that website. I just think they are very active and tour all over. Just one band I really think.
There are multiple bands Rumours. But they distinguish themselves by being called Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, tribute to Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tribute show. I could go on and on. In addtion there are several Rumours bands on NCL cruise ships right now. Some of these bands go back to the late 1990s. I believe not all of them are blessed by Mick. But I am suspect of that because they all use the official Fleetwood Mac lettering and other things. I dont think broke Mick for a second would not try and profit from the success of these bands. They have one in Ohio, Georgia, etc and they all tour the states. Their websites show all different members. Can you imagine the contract for over a year and hundreds of shows on several cruise ships at once? No way Mick is not profiting from such a deal. Long story short, there are countless bands call Rumours who perform concerts as Fleetwood Mac.

https://www.rumoursoffleetwoodmac.com/

https://rumoursband.us/home

https://www.rumourstributeshow.com/about

https://exploreclay.com/event/fleetw...-tribute-2023/

http://www.moremusicgroup.com/artist...-tribute-band/

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-24-2024 at 11:58 AM..
Old 03-24-2024, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope….there’s absolutely no link here. They may carry the moniker….rumours, but that doesn’t mean they are linked. At the end of the day, they all need to find a Fleetwood Mac linked name….that isn’t Fleetwood Mac.
None of these bands have websites linked to each other. There is no corporate identity. THE Rumours of Fleetwood Mac band is the only one that features Mick. None of the others do.
Honestly, I think the only reason they do is to boost their credibility. They feature Rick too and I saw him play with them.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope….there’s absolutely no link here. They may carry the moniker….rumours, but that doesn’t mean they are linked. At the end of the day, they all need to find a Fleetwood Mac linked name….that isn’t Fleetwood Mac.
None of these bands have websites linked to each other. There is no corporate identity. THE Rumours of Fleetwood Mac band is the only one that features Mick. None of the others do.
Honestly, I think the only reason they do is to boost their credibility. They feature Rick too and I saw him play with them.
Where did Rick play with them?

Rumours ATL is the one I've seen in both Tennessee and Indiana.
https://www.facebook.com/share/1M9uL...ibextid=qi2Omg
Old 03-24-2024, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one said ALL of them have one corporate identity. That is what I pointed out. Some of them have been touring during since the Dance era. Even if they were they would never be linked by website. They are different bands in different parts of the world. We have NO idea when Rumours started in the 1990s if the real Fleetwood Mac shared in any of the profits or gave their blessing. We dont know that. What we do know is Mick does bless and promote one of them. Its impossible for me to believe that several Rumours bands are performing thousands of shows (several a week just on one ship) and have a huge NCL cruise contract that Mick or the band does not get some profit.
The original thread asked the question, How many Rumours bands are there? The answer is countless. With such a profitable cruise contract for multiple ship entertainment I would put my money on that Mick or the band gets something. Depending on the country, tribute bands do pay royalties. Generally speaking it can be 4.8%. So it seems the more Rumours or tributes bands, the more money the original band can make.

This is cut and paste from an entertainment lawyer:

If they play covers for money, the venue has to pay a licensing fee to the licensing agencies, ASCAP and BMI being the big ones in the US. All clubs that feature music pay these fees, which are distributed to the member songwriters.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-24-2024 at 01:31 PM..
Old 03-24-2024, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought exactly as you a few weeks ago which is why I started that other thread. I assumed there was one Rumours band who probably trademarked the band name. But when the Norwegian Prima debuted it announced Rumours as part of their entertainment lineup. I thought thats cool. Then the Norwegian Viva debuted and also had a Rumours band. Rumours is on other NCL ships too. This is why I started the other thread asking how many of them exist and how they profit the Mick and the band. Cruise line entertainment is HUGE bucks. The cruise line buys the rights to a production Broadway shows how like Hairspray, Beetlejuice, Legally Blonde, etc. Thats huge dollars right there. Then they have to pay the cast and pay for training for the performers. The contract runs several years. Clearly this Rumours contract with NCL is huge and makes money off the likeness of Fleetwood Mac. These bands may not have even existed and someone (the cruise line, or an agent for Fleetwood Mac) went and developed several more Rumours bands to perform on their ships. We will never know how much Mick or the rest of the band got paid. But its impossible for me to believe Mick or agents for the band were not involved in such a lucrative deal. But we all cant help be curious.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On my cruise, Norwegian Breakaway, there was only one night of Rumours. They did two shows, 8pm and 10pm. And the shows were only about an hour. They ONLY did Rumours, in the record song order, then did Silver Springs as an encore.

They were a different band on the other nights of the cruise. Just a mix of 70's and 80's rock. They did throw in Stop Draggin' one night, and Eo17 another. They were "The Prom Band" on the last night of the cruise. So the cruise lines aren't paying them to be FM for the entire cruise. I saw them 5 nights of the cruise. I'm guessing they had the other two nights off.

And on the itineraries of other cruises I've seen, there has only been one FM night.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Where did Rick play with them?

Rumours ATL is the one I've seen in both Tennessee and Indiana.
https://www.facebook.com/share/1M9uL...ibextid=qi2Omg
I saw them with Rick a few years ago. Beck Theatre in Hayes in West London. As far as I’m aware that’s the last time he’s played with them, though he’s joined them quite a lot in the past….some times playing strings of shows.

https://www.rumoursoffleetwoodmac.com/

Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-25-2024, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I dont think broke Mick for a second would not try and profit from the success of these bands.
That may be true. My, how times have changed. Sounds like the tribbie band world has been corporatized. I’m not keen on that change. Part of the fun of tribute bands originally was that they were not affiliated with Big Entertainment — and they were often free or played for a door charge. It’s creepy that Mick would dip his sticky hands into this last vestige of garage band independence to corporatize it. It’s so different from the olden days, when you went to Beachstock or the Beaumont Cherry Festival and saw a bunch of tribute bands.

moviekinks.blogspot.com