User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You're probably right. I wonder if they let each composer pick their songs to a certain extent.
I assume each composer initially brings list of songs they are considering. It's probably during rehearsals that choices and decisions are made.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I'm just trying to keep things straight, although I suppose it doesn't matter this close to opening night. I didn't think we knew about 7W until Stevie mentioned it. The first set list I saw didn't have it. The most recent list I remember seeing seemed definitive, but "Stand Back" was on it, and Mick said they are leaving that out. I can't help but think something is going to surprise us tomorrow night.
I didn't see Mick explicitly say no Stand Back. Unless I missed an interview.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I didn't see Mick explicitly say no Stand Back. Unless I missed an interview.
I believe what he said was "no solo material" but then it comes down to does the band consider Stand Back a solo song or a duel solo/Mac number? It's been done on every Mac tour since '88 if memory serves and was included on a Fleetwood Mac boxset so thats the question of the hour.

Of course, it's entirely possible they added it back in because Stevie wanted it in or wasn't happy about it not being in.

As far as the setlist goes, we also now have Blue Letter to consider. Seeing as that has no written proof in any articles, that's the real questionable entry.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
How is opening them up to a new audience more exciting to you than new music or seeing them live yourself?
I just love the band and know what a big deal this would be.
As things stand I feel they are in the twilight of their time together. However, I know they'd go down well at Glastonbury and bands that headline have such a boost in sales, popularity etc. If they play Glastonbury, far from being the end I think it would open a whole new chapter for them as a band.
I'm excited to see them perform with Christine. I'm excited by the prospect of a new album. But to watch them on TV at Glatonbury would be something I never thought I'd see. The media coverage of the Glastonbury festival in the UK is huge- if they play they'll be on the national news.
The Rolling Stones headline performance went down as being a legendary Glastonbury moment. I think FM have the potential to rival that. There are so many people out there that have no real concept of them as a live band- they are such a different entity live in comparison to their recorded music. Theres gonna be so many people sit up and take notice- we could get three more albums on the back of this.

I cant be the only one that gets a real kick out of other people discovering them.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:27 AM
Junior Ledgie

I am a relatively "new" fan, FuzzyPlum, having only really got into them over the past 2-3 years. I agree, if the many rumours are true and they do headline at Glastonbury next year, it will be HUGE news in the UK and will almost certainly introduce a whole new generation of music lovers to them. I think it will be bigger than the Rolling Stones actually, they are that iconic.

I have never seen them perform live but am off to NYC this week to see them at MSG. I have no idea what to expect but feel very lucky to be going!
Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
I believe what he said was "no solo material" but then it comes down to does the band consider Stand Back a solo song or a duel solo/Mac number? It's been done on every Mac tour since '88 if memory serves and was included on a Fleetwood Mac boxset so thats the question of the hour.

Of course, it's entirely possible they added it back in because Stevie wanted it in or wasn't happy about it not being in.

As far as the setlist goes, we also now have Blue Letter to consider. Seeing as that has no written proof in any articles, that's the real questionable entry.

Yes Blue Letter! I hope that set list is real, it's awesome. It just needs Sara.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Totally agree. Everywhere has always been a boring plodder live. I do hope they change up the arrangement somehow to make it more interesting.
Completely disagree. Everywhere is great live and if people use it as their bathroom break that'll allow me to see the band better lol
Old 09-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
Completely disagree. Everywhere is great live and if people use it as their bathroom break that'll allow me to see the band better lol

I thought Everywhere was great live in 97-98. It kinda sucked live 87-90, it didn't have Lindsey's magic touch.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatwink View Post
I have never seen them perform live but am off to NYC this week to see them at MSG. I have no idea what to expect but feel very lucky to be going!
Excited for you. They are just brilliant live. Be sure to post about your experience.
Make sure you have some extra cash for that riduculously over priced merchandise.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

If the set list is true, I would give it a B+. Very very good. My only changes would be dropping World Turning because it is so long and putting in Love in Store and Isnt it Midnight and Sara. I agree that Sisters is a great song but last tour Stevie phoned it in with no intensity. That song requires intensity. I am not talking about speaking in tongues like in 1982 but some vocal intensity that I don't think Stevie has anymore. I was hoping Lindsey and Stevie would make Chris have one extra song since she was always for so long. But all the songs are divided evenly.
Thank goodness Lindsey is over his 15 minute "Not so funny."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-30-2014 at 06:31 AM..
Old 09-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks FuzzyPlum, really looking forward to it and will make sure to report back!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fuzzy. I am heading to NYC to see them too. Saw them there last tour. Lots of pot! LOL. And don't get too excited. United Center in Chicago and Verizon Center in DC are FAR BETTER VENUES.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Yes Blue Letter! I hope that set list is real, it's awesome. It just needs Sara.
Totally agree!!! It just needs Sara or Gypsy and than the setlist would be

But if it stays this way this is more than i hoped fore!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:27 AM

I give the setlist a B if we are talking just Rumours era. And a C- if we are talking the whole library.

How's that Chili?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Fuzzy. I am heading to NYC to see them too. Saw them there last tour. Lots of pot! LOL. And don't get too excited. United Center in Chicago and Verizon Center in DC are FAR BETTER VENUES.
yeah, MSG is kinda run down but there's a certain energy in that place. Seeing them there last year was amazing!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...