User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. View Post
So, no, and I'm much more a "bass lover" now, but of course the model 1 looks awesome and is unique.
model one bass, yo.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
model one bass, yo.

Yo, I'm not that rich. But then again, it's even more exclusive...
Old 07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. View Post
Yo, I'm not that rich. But then again, it's even more exclusive...
Me neither. But you would be in tight company. I've only seen photos of that one and a sunburst one.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
J,

THe guitar has been sent back...Rick is indeed working on a new one for me. He said he "realized" very quickly that it was not built to my spec as I had previously requested. The neck wasnt a tapered neck at all...he apologised for that. So he told me to tell him...line for line, word for word exactly what I want and he'd "get it right"...He said he'd have it done for me within 3-4 weeks.

~B~
Thats great. Make sure you request Schaller M1 tuners in Chrome if you want the same ones Lindsey uses..

The latest episode from Planet Turner for me was the original M1 knobs were sent out to me. 3 are great, one has a missing grub screw and the thread is stripped on it too! lol. Seems I'm destined never to have it right.... This comes after I took the headstock off my new telecaster with a flightcase that slipped by accident at the weekend.. I think the gods are telling me to stick with my beloved Strat...
Old 07-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
This comes after I took the headstock off my new telecaster with a flightcase that slipped by accident at the weekend..
Oh my God!

The horror!

I would cry, but I'm a girl.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Thats great. Make sure you request Schaller M1 tuners in Chrome if you want the same ones Lindsey uses..

The latest episode from Planet Turner for me was the original M1 knobs were sent out to me. 3 are great, one has a missing grub screw and the thread is stripped on it too! lol. Seems I'm destined never to have it right.... This comes after I took the headstock off my new telecaster with a flightcase that slipped by accident at the weekend.. I think the gods are telling me to stick with my beloved Strat...

well I suppose 3-4 people working at Turners doesnt keep the place running very smoothly. I know that have a young lady that answers the phone and does the mailing stuff and she told me she works non stop thruout the day trying to keep up with everything while Barry and Rick are off in the shop!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Oh my God!

The horror!

I would cry, but I'm a girl.
I'm getting it fixed and gonna relic the neck on it. Always fancied one. Well technically I already have one cos my '62 Strat has 45 years of playing scars and road knocks. Glad it wasn't the '62 that got nailed 'cos the cost of one of those is... Considerable!

Oh the Schaller tuners are M6 Chrome not M1.. All the Model 1 "M1" stuff went to my head! haha.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congrats! That's a fine-lookin' instrument!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Brandon,
You've had thad thad Model 1 a few months now. Whats your opinion of it now.

Also I got the Fender Vintage strap and its literally 1cm thick its not the strap lindsey uses. Has anyone found out yet.

Does anyone have a contact for Ray Lindsey??
Old 10-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Brandon,
You've had thad thad Model 1 a few months now. Whats your opinion of it now.

Also I got the Fender Vintage strap and its literally 1cm thick its not the strap lindsey uses. Has anyone found out yet.

Does anyone have a contact for Ray Lindsey??
Yeah i would love to talk to Ray Lindsey about effects and what not.

In truth, my Model 1 has been at Rick Turner's shop for about 3 months now. I neither get a response when I call, or email, about the status of it. I've paid for the guitar in full. It's extremely aggravating, but Rick is such a nice guy I'm sort of biting my tongue.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah Brandon i know where your comming from.
The vintage model 1 is still there since Feb so in a few months that will be a yearin the workshop. Luckly enough i'm really not waiting on it and i just want it restored to sell it so i can buy one of ricks acoustics.
The old biting the tounge thing i suppose is wearing thin. It must be very frustrating. Emailing Barry is definately your best bet He generally gets back pretty quick.

Anyway so i heard Ray was a tech for nine inch nails. Theres No mention on the website. I dunno how i could ever track that man down but i bet we could learn alot about the model 1 from that guy.

I remember Barry Pearlman telling me that Ray had no intention of allowing Lindsey to even consider the Piezo Option due to the already vast array of tone control and sounds provided by a standatd model 1.

Also there is a member on the ledge who goes by the name 1clb or M1-CLB or something like that and oddly has never posted one topic in regards to Lindseys Guitar. "Isnt that Weird"
Old 10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Yeah Brandon i know where your comming from.
The vintage model 1 is still there since Feb so in a few months that will be a yearin the workshop. Luckly enough i'm really not waiting on it and i just want it restored to sell it so i can buy one of ricks acoustics.
The old biting the tounge thing i suppose is wearing thin. It must be very frustrating. Emailing Barry is definately your best bet He generally gets back pretty quick.

Anyway so i heard Ray was a tech for nine inch nails. Theres No mention on the website. I dunno how i could ever track that man down but i bet we could learn alot about the model 1 from that guy.

I remember Barry Pearlman telling me that Ray had no intention of allowing Lindsey to even consider the Piezo Option due to the already vast array of tone control and sounds provided by a standatd model 1.

Also there is a member on the ledge who goes by the name 1clb or M1-CLB or something like that and oddly has never posted one topic in regards to Lindseys Guitar. "Isnt that Weird"
It is indeed frustrating. I can honestly say, the last 3 times I've emailed them, I've gotten no response whatever. And each email was about 2 weeks apart. The thing is, I KNOW they are busy...but take care of the customers that have already PAID them first.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So Brandon whats lindsey actually like to talk to.
Since you got to meet him. Is he normal or a bit out there???
Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
So Brandon whats lindsey actually like to talk to.
Since you got to meet him. Is he normal or a bit out there???
I thought, in my brief 5 or so minutes of actually speaking to him, that he was "normal"...and very down to earth. He was joking with my brother and I about being twins, and what that was like, and which one of us was the "bad" one. He was also joking with me about my lip piercing, which he said "wasnt evil in it of itself" and then proceeded to jokingly say, "although YOU look like the evil twin!"
Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you not wanna say: "Here lindsey, Cut the Fu**in stupid evil twin jokes and talk a bit of sense will ya."

If I got to meet Lindsey for 5 mins I would be in way to much shock to make any sense. I know for a fact the digital camera wouldnt work and my drink in my glass would be near empty and I would want to go back to the bar but i'd be too afraid of lindsey pissin off to talk to sombody else, my mobile would be continuosly ringing me and some fit girl would be woooing in to lindseys left ear while i continue to make a fool of myself asking really stupid questions into his right ear. Probably shouting really loud cos im deaf from the concert just an hour before.
Oh and I would probably knowing my luck meet him on my way to a toilet in which i was dying to go.

If fact i have definately just reassured myself that its would be a great idea never to meet him.